Editing Mode: Immediate Auto-Incorrection

LilTV1155

I am typing out stuffs from a mobile device in Chapter Editing Mode. But the correct words keep getting changed or scrambled into misspelled words.

Like when I tried to type "wolf" , it immediately get changed into this "wfol" / "wfold" / etc.

When I try to correct it, it show a drop-out list which are blank. If you click the right spot, it would be correct. If you click it wrong, the autocorrect word still remain misspelled or worse.

I am certainly sure that this is not from my touchscreen keyboard or my mobile device because I disabled Auto-Replace feature. But this Auto-Incorrect is getting very annoying and only happen when I type in Editing mode on Scribblehub in mobile device.

So what exactly is going on in Editing Section that keep Auto-incorrecting the correct words?

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
I am typing out stuffs from a mobile device in Chapter Editing Mode. But the correct words keep getting changed or scrambled into misspelled words.

Like when I tried to type "wolf" , it immediately get changed into this "wfol" / "wfold" / etc.

When I try to correct it, it show a drop-out list which are blank. If you click the right spot, it would be correct. If you click it wrong, the autocorrect word still remain misspelled or worse.

I am certainly sure that this is not from my touchscreen keyboard or my mobile device because I disabled Auto-Replace feature. But this Auto-Incorrect is getting very annoying and only happen when I type in Editing mode on Scribblehub in mobile device.

So what exactly is going on in Editing Section that keep Auto-incorrecting the correct words?
is it some software? if I believe, Grammarly also does that in a similar way.

LilTV1155

is it some software? if I believe, Grammarly also does that in a similar way.
No software used from mobile device. But that auto-incorrecting is make storywriting very hard when half the page are littered with misspellings during edit mode. When I go back to correct the words, the correct words get changed into something else again until 2nd or 3rd /4th time.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member

No software used from mobile device. But that auto-incorrecting is make storywriting very hard when half the page are littered with misspellings during edit mode. When I go back to correct the words, the correct words get changed into something else again until 2nd or 3rd /4th time.

This isn't related to Scribble Hub that I know of as we don't have an auto correcting feature. Do you get the same problem when you're trying to post on the forums?

LilTV1155

This isn't related to Scribble Hub that I know of as we don't have an auto correcting feature. Do you get the same problem when you're trying to post on the forums?
Yes. Unlike the Edit Mode, it show a blank drop-list for words.

Tony

Staff member
Yes. Unlike the Edit Mode, it show a blank drop-list for words.

Yeah, it looks like it's a problem on your side. The main site and the forums are two basically different platforms so if you're getting the same problem on two different platforms then the problem is likely on your side. Plus, Scribble Hub doesn't have an auto correcting feature.

LilTV1155

Yeah, it looks like it's a problem on your side. The main site and the forums are two basically different platforms so if you're getting the same problem on two different platforms then the problem is likely on your side. Plus, Scribble Hub doesn't have an auto correcting feature.
Okay. Thanks Tony!

LilTV1155

Threads are rarely, if ever, deleted. Usually speaking you can just leave them be and everyone will forget about them with time.

At most, mods lock things.
Wouldn't it be better to clean up inactive threads?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Wouldn't it be better to clean up inactive threads?
It's unnecessary, they don't take much server space.

Also, old threads can often times be useful in case someone wants to search for something to see if it was already asked before. This can save them the time of actually making the question.

... Or, in case of people who are more active in the profile posts and stuff, it can also serve as an archive of their silly internal jokes that they want to keep referencing~

In any case, thread deletion isn't particularly useful, so might as well keep everything archived.

LilTV1155

It's unnecessary, they don't take much server space.

Also, old threads can often times be useful in case someone wants to search for something to see if it was already asked before. This can save them the time of actually making the question.

... Or, in case of people who are more active in the profile posts and stuff, it can also serve as an archive of their silly internal jokes that they want to keep referencing~

In any case, thread deletion isn't particularly useful, so might as well keep everything archived.
ok