Looking for Work Editor | Making an official post this time

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
Hello, fellow forum dwellers.
Well, where do we begin? I've been writing and editing in this platform for over a year now and have made a post a while back about my services when I made a large cut in prices. Of course, I can't say everyone loved my work, but I feel I have now gotten a significant footing on this industry, since I have been living off of it for a while now.
I also work as a writer, ghostwriter and translator; though I cannot and will not provide a portfolio for the second one, for customer privacy reasons, though I can say I have, as of now, ghostwritten over 30 chapters for a novel with over 5M Views and 400 Reviews on Webnovel (10K+ Readership).

So, without much more blabbering, here's the deal:

For Editing, I do three distinct services, but specialize in the later, rather than the first:

Structural and Developmental Editing [This is the initial editing for most self-published books. Includes the flow of the story in general, character designs, plots, overarching structural elements, like systems and balancing, and overall progression. Does not include In-depth editing for Lines and Words, meant for Drafts.]
For this service, I charge $5/1K words. However, bear in mind this service is for full stories, or at least a full arc, so there is a minimum of 10K words, unless it's a one-shot.

Literary and Line Editing [This is what most people consider Editing as a broad term. Involves paragraph flow, general word choices and fixing any major mistakes that might pop-up here and there, it also involves fixing things related to grammatical rules involving dashes, paragraphs, etc. Most people would want this service.]
This is my main specialty as of now, and what I have the most experience with, though I try to maintain most of the author's stylistic choices whenever possible. For this service, I currently charge $6/1K words, being $6 the fixed rate for anything under 1K words, including Synopses and Abstracts.

Copy Editing [This is the most basic and last form of Editing, and should only come after there is a degree of certainty in your work quality when it comes to Line Editing. It is the last pass when it comes to sentences and paragraphs, and mostly involves just basic grammar and flow, and will not include any large changes to them, even if needed. This step assumes you have taken professional advice on the earlier steps already], and finally, Proofreading [The most basic form of revision and editing that comes as the last step. It ONLY includes grammar checking for words and typos, nothing else. I will also do proofreading without changes, for consulting,]
For these two, I have a rate of $4/1K words for each, individually, and $6/1K word for both, in independent passes, as a pack.

These prices will remain fixed for at least Q1 2022.
Payment can be either advanced [For a discounted price], 50/50 up front, or After Service [For a premium and only for long-time customers] according to your needs. I accept PayPal and Ko-Fi. For payments through WU and Swift, I can consider the option for larger projects.
There are price-cuts for larger services since it lowers payment fees substantially.

Below are some of the works I am currently involved with or have had a substantial finger on:

1640904873952.png1640904929916.png1640904960610.png1640905013381.png1640905023003.png
1640905042542.png1640905080400.png1640905116361.png1640905274846.png

In any case, my website is darkgodem.com/editing , which includes some extra works I did as partnerships and freebies.

Unfortunately, I have no portfolio on Translations aside from Academic Works; Here are some Masters' Theses I have translated Abstracts for:

http://hdl.handle.net/10400.13/2747 Barros, Thereza Roberta Andrade de
PT-BR to ES-ES
http://hdl.handle.net/10400.13/1864 Quaresma, Priscilla Mayara de Andrade
PT-BR to ES-ES
http://hdl.handle.net/10400.13/2756 Silva, Luciana Maria da
PT-BR to EN-US

My translation rates currently range at around $10/500 words ($0,02/word) for most purposes, aside from very technical papers, with the rate for 500 words applying for anything under that size. I translate text to and from English, Spanish and Portuguese.

My writing rates are currently at $15/1K words for Fantasy and Action, $40/1K for NSFW/Smut, $20/1K for Academic texts and Blogs.
Rates are doubled for Ghostwriting.

You can contact me through Discord @ DarkGodEM#4859 or e-mail [email protected]
I also answer here, but not so much.

Last edited: