Looking for Work Editor

Overlord

I am quite free lately, and I would like to use that free time to make some extra money.
I have previous experience in editing
If anyone is interested feel free to reply to my post.
The price is 15$ for 2k words

Immortal_17

Why charge for word count? You'd be forcing authors to keep their word count at 2k which would complicate things. You should charge 15$ per chapter instead

Overlord

Why charge for word count? You'd be forcing authors to keep their word count at 2k which would complicate things. You should charge 15$ per chapter instead
I am not forcing them though, if the chapter is 1k words I charge 7.5 I'd the chapter is 3k words I charge 22.5. Otherwise it is not profitable for me because if the author writes chaps of 3k words I get paid too little

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It is completely reasonable for an editor to charge by word count. If you want to have more words per chapter, simply pay more. Also, if authors want to write chapters with 1K words, they get two chapters edited for for $15!

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
Editors reasonably charge for word count. Chapter count is rather elusive and often authors would send a long chapter only to split it when posting, effectively scamming the editor.

gl man <3

Aaqil

Cookies!
Chapters vary in size, a number of words is the size, :blob_cookie:

Jailbreak571

Former CEO of Kamazon. Active lurker
Imagine if one chapter has 10k words. That should explain it.

Askun

Aren't charging via word count the usual practice?