Enemy or Ally?

pelpelen

Lately i've focused on only one story out of doezens i wrote, but now i have a problem with a character that i already wrote into the srtory.

First i need to explainn the concept behind him;
There are the beings called the 'progenitors', they are the first of their species and created by the god of that species. They are immortal unless killed and have the ability to make another living being their kin.
But after thousands of years only 5 remain.

And my problem is with the giant proginator. I have two ideas about him and can't decide between them;
1-) He is being kept asleep by magic and getting his blood taken by the humans. The humans use his blood in the crowning ritual where the new king drinks the endless stream of wine that the first human created ( But it's actually the Giant's blood )
The problem i have with this is that after he's freed, since the guy is as big as a mountain, him appearing would just be weird? Just taveling a mauntain of a man...
2-) He died long ago but became the first undead to ever exist. The mc accidentally unseals him and has to fight him ( I based this out of the yokai gashadokuro )

I tried to think of a way where i could do both so didn't have to deal with his existence but i couln't manage to link them together..

Snowyflakes

Lately i've focused on only one story out of doezens i wrote, but now i have a problem with a character that i already wrote into the srtory.

First i need to explainn the concept behind him;
There are the beings called the 'progenitors', they are the first of their species and created by the god of that species. They are immortal unless killed and have the ability to make another living being their kin.
But after thousands of years only 5 remain.

And my problem is with the giant proginator. I have two ideas about him and can't decide between them;
1-) He is being kept asleep by magic and getting his blood taken by the humans. The humans use his blood in the crowning ritual where the new king drinks the endless stream of wine that the first human created ( But it's actually the Giant's blood )
The problem i have with this is that after he's freed, since the guy is as big as a mountain, him appearing would just be weird? Just taveling a mauntain of a man...
2-) He died long ago but became the first undead to ever exist. The mc accidentally unseals him and has to fight him ( I based this out of the yokai gashadokuro )

I tried to think of a way where i could do both so didn't have to deal with his existence but i couln't manage to link them together..
What if only one of them (that big giant you mentioned) evolved without anyone knowing about it? And after he was killed, people saw that he remained the same for a period of time (before they came up with the idea of using magic to keep him in that state) as when he was alive (so they could take his blood). Therefore, he is both the first undead (as he evolved, BUT they didn't know it at the beginning and would learn about it somehow, at one point), and the MC did something to him, unsealing the giant, and then, having to fight him (and so he finds out that he evolved and was the first undead who would come back to life anyhow, without the MC unsealing him).

The tricky part is to figure out how they would learn that he was the first that has evolved. Edit: And MC, or they, must find a way to defeat him as he is an Undead.

As for why they didn't figure it out back then, it's easy: they didn't have so much knowledge and power back then (basically, they needed to develop their magic and knowledge).

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
You could have him be buried under an actual mountain and make the mountain crumble to pieces when he wakes up.
As to how to link them together, you could have still him as an undead (and sealed, obviously), and the kings just continued taking the remaining blood in his body for thousands of years (since a mountain's worth of blood is a fuckton). Then the MC unseals the undead and fight him or whatever

Echimera

You could have him be buried under an actual mountain and make the mountain crumble to pieces when he wakes up.
As to how to link them together, you could have still him as an undead (and sealed, obviously), and the kings just continued taking the remaining blood in his body for thousands of years (since a mountain's worth of blood is a fuckton). Then the MC unseals the undead and fight him or whatever
They could even have forgotten where it comes from and think it's some magic spring because everything but a single cave with a connection to the giant has been buried.

What effect does the blood have on the king and the royal family? Unique magic? Growth and strength (not full giant levels, but three meters would already be impressive)? Longer lifespan?
Does it extend beyond the king to the royal family and maybe even related noble families(depending on how close the relation is to someone who drank the blood directly)?

What's the background that lead to the situation? Who killed the giant (betrayed by his kin, subjugated by humans for this exact purpose, ...)? This is important as it'll inform his goals when he wakes up or is unsealed, at least if he retained his mind.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
How about you do both?

Under the kingdom, there lie the remains of an ancient king, the sovereign ruler of the giants! Time ate away at him, as dementia eats away his memories in his sleep, the giant imperceptibly became another existence--- an undead... The royals of the kingdom ruled with the giant's power, however, that did not last for long. When the next King is to be crowned, the giant shall be awakened.

The third prince who was thought to be destined for greatness was reduced to but a puppet, the giant's avatar! Progenitors have existed for a long time, and their power is immeasurable. The 'undead' is just another of their distinct and far extensions. Who knows, maybe God is just another progenitor?

The Progenitor of the Undead, the earth corrupted by the hands of God, a giant thought to be a mortal-- Agroniv Zarem, the Undecaying Giant.

Is he an ally or an enemy?

Only time can tell.
~

That's my creative thought process on the matter. Ugh... I can't resist it, this stuff is good. I am a sucker for fantasy stuff. I know this isn't a writing prompt, and I am sorry... but come on! I mean, who doesn't like fantasy? Anyways... Good luck with your work. I think it would either be the giant or the royalty who will be the villains of the story. Their roles are pretty much interchangeable. Either of them can become your protag's ally or enemy.

You can decorate the giant/royalty as some sort of villain first. Increase the stakes, then when the conflict is at its peak, reveal who the real villains are. And the truth is... neither the Giant nor the royalty is the real villain.
Maybe a hidden fanatic who worshipped the Giant Progenitor in their clan for a long time is the real villain... or actually the previous King's counselor... or any of the princes/s... bugger me, even the royal jester can become the villain!

Tell me you love my idea, I need some validation right now, LOL. Happy writing!!