[Event] Boys' Love Autumn Short Story Anthology

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Sheesh, ant told himself that he would actually finish 6k words for his novel today. Instead, he had written 3.5k words for an amateur BL novel (or what ant assumes to be BL) for this submission instead. Ant feels bad....heh not really.
Better than fish who only wrote 200 words yesterday.

sunyagracebold

Hey, guys, can I ask about rule 1?
1. The story must be an original piece of fiction, previously unpublished and unrelated to other works. Fanfiction, AUs, spinoffs, prequels, or sequels of your existing stories are not permitted.
I get that the story shouldn't tie into another one story-wise but does it have to be completely unrelated? As in, would it also be forbidden to write a story that is set in a shared universe? I'm a little confused right now because you didn't mention shared universes specifically so I felt it should be okay at first but I'd also think that there'd be some relation at least?
I'm asking because the idea I had happens to be set in the same world as a few others that I have written. So some places would be the same and there's a shared language but they don't have any ties in regard to the plot and share no characters. They would also be set at a different time than the other stories so there's no overlap there either. Basically, you could read either of the stories and wouldn't be missing any backstory or future happenings.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Hey, guys, can I ask about rule 1?
guys girls. Though I am not one, I believe the majority calls for it. :blob_salute:

Sadly, I am unqualified to discuss what rule number 1 is. Thus, you cannot expect any useful answers from me.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
guys girls. Though I am not one, I believe the majority calls for it. :blob_salute:

Sadly, I am unqualified to discuss what rule number 1 is. Thus, you cannot expect any useful answers from me.
We have tons of guys in the BL_Palace discord, with several having taken part in the previous anthology.
'-'
BL isn't just for girls, it's for everyone.

X
based on the rules, mini theatres are part of the author notes and don't count in the word count!
:blob_aww:
That means I don't have to worry about word count if I want to do a mini-theatre now!
\o/

X

Mysticant

Resident Ant
It is not like I don't understand that. I guess I took my joke too far. Oh well, I shall apologize for this awkwardness and poof.

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
It is not like I don't understand that. I guess I took my joke too far. Oh well, I shall apologize for this awkwardness and poof.
Ah, honestly, don't worry about it. I guess we're just a bit sensitive there because of this "BL is only for straight women" stereotype which ... feels weird since I feel like half of us are either not women or not straight or not either of those :blob_sweat: We're a very diverse bunch, actually :blob_melt: