[Event] Boys' Love Autumn Short Story Anthology

sunyagracebold

Hey, guys, can I ask about rule 1?

I get that the story shouldn't tie into another one story-wise but does it have to be completely unrelated? As in, would it also be forbidden to write a story that is set in a shared universe? I'm a little confused right now because you didn't mention shared universes specifically so I felt it should be okay at first but I'd also think that there'd be some relation at least?
I'm asking because the idea I had happens to be set in the same world as a few others that I have written. So some places would be the same and there's a shared language but they don't have any ties in regard to the plot and share no characters. They would also be set at a different time than the other stories so there's no overlap there either. Basically, you could read either of the stories and wouldn't be missing any backstory or future happenings.
Oh, in case somebody else has the same problem: I talked it over with the mods directly just now and they said it's okay as long as it's readable on its own!

verielle.crest

I still need to see where my muse will take me, but would posting a related story alongside the anthology be allowed? We are talking about a possible follow up :blob_blank:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I still need to see where my muse will take me, but would posting a related story alongside the anthology be allowed? We are talking about a possible follow up :blob_blank:
During the anthology, all stories have to be able to be read as a standalone. After that, you're free to post related stories to your entry on your own account.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Bumping the thread so people see it.

I finished my third entry!
\o/

X

crimson_carnation

Finally finished and submitted my entry too~ :blob_melt:

Does anyone have an idea if copying a word that's linked to a url from the DMs in the forum and pasting it into the site's editor will preserve the linkage? :blob_blank: Or is it alright if I just request a specific word to be linked in brackets and provide the url there?

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men

Does anyone have an idea if copying a word that's linked to a url from the DMs in the forum and pasting it into the site's editor will preserve the linkage? :blob_blank: Or is it alright if I just request a specific word to be linked in brackets and provide the url there?
Yay, crimson! :blob_aww: And I have no idea :blob_blank:

Nahrenne

Congrats on finishing and submitting an entry!
\o/

Not sure I entirely understand what you're saying.
If you're wanting to link something, then you copy the url, highlight the text you want linking to it, then click the chain icon and paste the url.

I'm sure if you tell the organisers in the DM/PM which word you want linked and what the url is then they would be able to do it for you.

X

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•

I copied a word with a link embedded from SHF to NUF (or vice versa) and it worked. Not sure if it also applies for the editor on the main page, but in the worst case you need to embed the link again.

crimson_carnation

Yay, crimson! :blob_aww: And I have no idea :blob_blank:
Of course not, I did it with the stealth of a ninja who definitely didn't tell you beforehand~ :blob_ninja:

Congrats on finishing and submitting an entry!
\o/

Not sure I entirely understand what you're saying.
If you're wanting to link something, then you copy the url, highlight the text you want linking to it, then click the chain icon and paste the url.

I'm sure if you tell the organisers in the DM/PM which word you want linked and what the url is then they would be able to do it for you.

X
I wanted to know if after adding the link, it'd be transferrable from the forums to the editor on the main site or if it'll lose the link :D

I copied a word with a link embedded from SHF to NUF (or vice versa) and it worked. Not sure if it also applies for the editor on the main page, but in the worst case you need to embed the link again.

Would it be noticeable if the link undid itself after being pasted onto the editor? :blob_hmm_two: I wanted to do it in the author's note for the anthology story, but if it doesn't work, won't it be unobvious that it was even linked in the first place?

Nahrenne

Of course not, I did it with the stealth of a ninja who definitely didn't tell you beforehand~ :blob_ninja:

I wanted to know if after adding the link, it'd be transferrable from the forums to the editor on the main site or if it'll lose the link :D

Would it be noticeable if the link undid itself after being pasted onto the editor? :blob_hmm_two: I wanted to do it in the author's note for the anthology story, but if it doesn't work, won't it be unobvious that it was even linked in the first place?
With that, it would probably be easier to just tell them in the PM/DM what you want linking.
>w<

X

sunyagracebold

That's fantastic news!
*huggles you again*

\(^o^)/

X
Thank you! I'm a bit worried about the length by now though. I've added quite a bit while editing the first time around and just now I remembered something else that needed to be in there so now I am getting rather close to the limit ...

Nahrenne

Thank you! I'm a bit worried about the length by now though. I've added quite a bit while editing the first time around and just now I remembered something else that needed to be in there so now I am getting rather close to the limit ...
I'll cross my fingers and hope you don't go over the limit, then.
>w<

X