[Event] Boys Love Short Story Anthology: "The Spring is In the Air!"

namio

It's all right, right, to have overt romantic overtones but the fact that they never got around to getting together is part of the tragedy...? It's not "no homo" friendship; everyone kind of knew they were extremely close and edging on romantic, but they took their feelings and relationship for granted... And before they knew it, they're essentially on opposing sides. When they were on opposing sides, only then did they (sort of) realize that it was love...

Just making sure.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
It's all right, right, to have overt romantic overtones but the fact that they never got around to getting together is part of the tragedy...? It's not "no homo" friendship; everyone kind of knew they were extremely close and edging on romantic, but they took their feelings and relationship for granted... And before they knew it, they're essentially on opposing sides. When they were on opposing sides, only then did they (sort of) realize that it was love...

Just making sure.
:blob_teary: You still managed to break my heart.

namio

:blob_teary: You still managed to break my heart.
😘

This is from a separate snippet I wrote for myself, but heh. These two... (chuckles) are killing me
"Your Ao Wei won't be making you any wine, he's been trying to kill you for as long as I've lived!" Tao Hongshi exploded. "He resents you, Dad! Wake up!"
In his life, nobody had nor ever will care for him the way Ao Wei had cared for him. At the same time, in his life, nobody had nor ever will despise him the way Ao Wei despised him now. A full circle, they were. Nobody would wrench from Bai Mingyuan the same intense grief, because nobody else had lifted him up and cradled him so gently as Ao Wei once did, in those days they roamed around Kunlun Mountains.

Queenfisher

Bird?

Just making sure.

It should be fine ). Good luck with your story ^^.

Queenfisher

Bird?
Thank you! You're writing as well, right? Best of luck! :'D

Well............

I am both writing and not ^^. I need to write my own book most importantly, but I have so little timeeee even for that! So I write for the anthology only when I remember about it, lol.

:sweating_profusely:

I feel like such a failure compared to all the other contributors so far. :sweat_smile:

namio

Well............

I am both writing and not ^^. I need to write my own book most importantly, but I have so little timeeee even for that! So I write for the anthology only when I remember about it, lol.

:sweating_profusely:

I feel like such a failure compared to all the other contributors so far. :sweat_smile:
Oh, same :blob_highfive: :sweating_profusely: I'm barely catching up with my own chapters, despite the leisurely weekly schedule LOL
Between editing 6 chapters of danmei translation a week, art, real life and depression, the reason why I'm doing this one story is because I get to write about a pair I'm really invested in LOL :sweat_smile:

We can barely skate by together 😎

BL_Palace

ಠ_ಠ

:blobspearpeek:

🌼🌸🌼🌺🌼🌸🌼🌺🌼🌸🌼🌺

:blob_hug:

Just kidding ^^. On a separate, totally unrelated note -- the Anthology's first deadline of submission March 1st is creeping closer and closer!

Don't forget to finish writing all those stories you were all so excited about. We wish you luck and hope to read them soon!
:blob_aww:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
ಠ_ಠ

🌼🌸🌼🌺🌼🌸🌼🌺🌼🌸🌼🌺

Just kidding ^^. On a separate, totally unrelated note -- the Anthology's first deadline of submission March 1st is creeping closer and closer!

Don't forget to finish writing all those stories you were all so excited about. We wish you luck and hope to read them soon!
:sweating_profusely: I forgot

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
ಠ_ಠ

🌼🌸🌼🌺🌼🌸🌼🌺🌼🌸🌼🌺

I swear I'll turn it in this week! I'm almost finished! Just some last edits ... :blob_blank:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Lol.
I swear I'll turn it in this week! I'm almost finished! Just some last edits ... :blob_blank:
You both sound like those students who don't do their homework.

As for edits, 1st March is the deadline for first drafts. You can still edit after that up to when the first entry is published.
(^-^)

X

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
You both sound like those students who don't do their homework.

As for edits, 1st March is the deadline for first drafts. You can still edit after that up to when the first entry is published.
(^-^)
Ah, I swear I always did my homework back in school! (Let's not talk about university ... :blob_sweat: ) I just kinda feel bad about it because I thought you'd be checking the entries first which ... is also why I can't turn mine in yet. Without at least one edit, my stuff reads about as bad as MTL so you might not even be able to figure out what it says :blobrofl:

Ruyi

༺ aureate sect ༻
I've been gone so long I didn't even know you guys built a palace and now are hosting events. Very cool, I'll see if I can come up with something.

I was going to try a BL story for SH's anniversary contest but this seems short and sweet!

BL_Palace

🌼🌸🌼🌺🌼🌸🌼🌺🌼🌸🌼🌺

And the first official BL Short Story Anthology submission period is over!!!

Thank you everyone for participating! Now we will use this thread to announce the deadline for the resubmissions and edit drafts as well as when the Anthology will finally go live on ScribbleHub!

Thank you thank you thank you !!

BL is alive and well on Scribbly -- with how many submissions we received this time. Hopefully, those who didn't manage to finish their stories before the deadline will participate in the next Short Story Anthology (whenever that happens :sweating_profusely: :blob_aww:) and will even have a head start due to beginning their work on the previous one ^^.

Anyway, follow our accounts on SHF and SH to get the news about releases and how the anthology compiling is moving on and click the linkable banners in our form signature to check out our Newsletter and Discord :blob_hug:. The more BL, the better :blob_melt:.

🌼🌸🌼🌺🌼🌸🌼🌺🌼🌸🌼🌺

BL_Palace

Heyooo, everyone ^^.

The submissions have long closed down on our anthology, but it doesn't mean that there is no way to further participate in it as a reader OR writer!

Because, here we are introducing a --

ANTHOLOGY COMMENTS DEATH MATCH GLADIATOR ARENA

\(*o*)/

Okei, just kidding. :blob_melt:

In short, in order to promote more commenting and reader engagement on the anthology entries -- we came up with this fun little quiz anyone can take.

The quiz has 10 questions and puts you in one of the 4 teams at the end.

After you get assigned a team, connect with your other team members and find out how you can plot the demise of the rival teams or how to advance further in your own team.

Once the anthology comes out, each team member can make comments under the entries. Each comment garners points (1-5 depending on the length and quality of the comment. Read about it below). By the end of the anthology release, the team with the highest amount of points, wins the comment battle of BL_Palace teams!

YAY!

What do you win? Mmmmm, we haven't decided yet, but you can rest assured that the ETERNAL GLORY will be definitely one of the prizes in the comment death match.

The counting of each comment value is such:

1 point -- for emoji comment.
2 points -- for "thank you for the story!" type comment.

Neither of these two types of comments will give you any more comments if you keep spamming them without variegation. (I.e. no double-posting will garner new points).

5 points -- for any feedback or plot-related comments in the story.
10 points -- for a wall of text analysis or genuine advice/feedback/interaction with the author about the themes, character development, and the anthology-related elements of the story ("wall of text" here implies more than 50 words in the comment!).

All points will be counted after the last entry of the anthology comes out and a full week passes afterward! (so likely, in early May!)

The teams signup sheet is here, where you can enter your name and check out other people on your team!

The team talks and gatherings will happen wherever you find it most convenient for you:

BL_Palace Account where the Spring Anthology comes out

The Secret BL Palace chat room here on the forum (you have access to it if you have posted in this thread as a BL author/reader)

The BL_Palace Discord Server

And now, the actual QUIZ.

Go and fill it out and come back to us here, in our chat room on SHF, or in the discord server to conspire with your teammates and plot the demise of your enemies!!

We'll be waiting to see more people participating in the BL anthology death match!! :blob_aww:

Above all, remember -- this is not so much a competitive event (since we don't have many prizes to offer), as it is a community and team-building thing and a way to promote more comments and conversations and fun in the anthology comment section ^^.

It's all good ^^.

(But also -- the price of failure is DEATH, but that's... not very critical to know right now, is it? :blob_hug: Flowersss to distract you!! -- > 🌺🌺🌺🌼🌺🌼🌼🌼🌺🌼🌺🌼🌼🌺🌼🌺)

Last edited: