[EVENT - Quickfire Round open] The Yuri Garden's 3rd Collaborative Anthology!

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Update: The quickfire round is now open, allowing anyone to submit to the unreserved prompts without a reservation. For more information, see here: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threa...rd-collaborative-anthology.11199/#post-257708

It's been long delayed by sickness, but the third anthology event is finally launching~!

This time, we're returning to the original format, where participants write to fulfil story prompts that were submitted by Gardeners.

The prompts are:
prompextendbiggertext.png
If you're interested in taking part, you can find out more information here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/blogs/event-the-yuri-gardens-3rd-collaborative-anthology.7651/

Tagging authors who have joined us for events before or wanted to:

(Apologies if I've forgotten anyone - it's far from intentional!)

Last edited:

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I'm away to stay with my girlfriend this long weekend, so replies to reservation requests and draft submissions will be considerably slower.

Your reservation deadline doesn't start ticking down until I've accepted your reservation, though, so don't hesitate to message me with the prompt you'd like~!

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
There is 1 month remaining until reservations for the 3rd Yuri Garden Anthology close.

We still have 5 prompts available at the moment. These are:
1. Centaur yuri
4. Can See Ghosts x Possessive Ghost (Pun, Intended?)
12. A soft and loving smut story between a futanari queen and her beloved female consort. Vanilla, with no BDSM or hentai elements, and written for the female gaze.
13. I wish to see a story about two high school girls, one is super popular and the other is a mob character.
15. A happy, comforting fantasy story about a peasant trans woman who is swept up by a strong, courageous warrior queen and now lives a pampered life as her very beloved bride

If you’d like to reserve one of them, please let me know~!

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Prompt 6 has been released and is now available for reservation again.

"6. Childhood neighbors who are 4 years apart and the younger one has a crush on the older. They keep missing each other in schools, because they're 4 years apart yk? After college... Idk. I just want to read angsty 4 year age difference. Maybe one of them gets engaged and the other dies in a car crash."

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Prompt 9 has been released for reservation.

"9. Stepmother x daughter. The stepmother marries the father of her crush (who is rich) and kills the father."

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Two more prompts have been released and are available for reservation:

11. Village Girl in College and a Tsundere Rich Girl who Keep Encountering Each Other

14. A 2nd chance GL set in China, in which the MC is reborn and (metaphorically) face-slaps those who wronged her in her last life, and chooses a different lover in this life, thus getting the happy ending she deserves. It's a common trope, but I never see it in GL.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I hope everyone had a happy Halloween~!

There's now just over 5 days remaining until the anthology reservations close. If you're thinking of taking part, making a reservation is the safest way - you'll get 5 full weeks to produce a rule-abiding first draft, and a further 2 weeks to edit it if it's approved.
The actively updated prompt list and full rules of the event can be found here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/blogs/event-the-yuri-gardens-3rd-collaborative-anthology.7651/

This will also be my last reminder until the quickfire round opens. If any prompts that you want become available during this time, you'll have to keep your eye out for them yourself~!

At this current moment, the following prompts are available for reservation:
1. Centaur yuri

6. Childhood neighbors who are 4 years apart and the younger one has a crush on the older. They keep missing each other in schools, because they're 4 years apart yk? After college... Idk. I just want to read angsty 4 year age difference. Maybe one of them gets engaged and the other dies in a car crash.

9. Stepmother x daughter. The stepmother marries the father of her crush (who is rich) and kills the father.

10. Strong Body, but Soft Heart Meets a Tease

13. I wish to see a story about two high school girls, one is super popular and the other is a mob character.

14. A 2nd chance GL set in China, in which the MC is reborn and (metaphorically) face-slaps those who wronged her in her last life, and chooses a different lover in this life, thus getting the happy ending she deserves. It's a common trope, but I never see it in GL.

15. A happy, comforting fantasy story about a peasant trans woman who is swept up by a strong, courageous warrior queen and now lives a pampered life as her very beloved bride

You can of course send me as many drafts, ideas and questions as you'd like to help ensure that you're on the right path~!

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
The Yuri Anthology Quickfire Round is open~!
The quickfire/free-for-all round of the anthology has now begun!

In this stage, no reservations can be made, but anyone at all can submit a story for the unreserved prompts. The first person to submit a story that fulfils the prompt and meets the rules will be accepted, and the prompt crossed off the list immediately.
Even those who previously lost or released the prompt, or who currently have another prompt reserved, can submit as they please.

This stage will remain open until at least the 7th of December, and until the last reservation has been marked complete.
(Currently, this sets the closing date at the 10th of December – check the prompts for an accurate indication)

Please remember to let me know which prompt you’re writing for when you submit a story.

Without further ado, the prompts currently available for submission are:
1. Centaur yuri

8. Ghost/girl she's following. Girl is creeped out at first but they have more in common than they think.

9. Stepmother x daughter. The stepmother marries the father of her crush (who is rich) and kills the father.

10. Strong Body, but Soft Heart Meets a Tease

12. A soft and loving smut story between a futanari queen and her beloved female consort. Vanilla, with no BDSM or hentai elements, and written for the female gaze.

The link to the full prompts page is here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/blogs/event-the-yuri-gardens-3rd-collaborative-anthology.7651/

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Hi Moony! I've recently gotten a request for Xianxia GL stories; have you any plans for running a Xianxia themed contest or anthology for future GL works? It seems Xianxia GLs that aren't only side pairings are quite hard to find. Not many feature a main GL pairing or female MC with a relationship or chase going on.

If you have a Discord for Yuri Garden, do share it with me as well so I can forward it to the requestor. I've looked at the Yuri Garden account and stuff, but can't find the Discord link. :sweat_smile: Consider me a blind old cat lady.....

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Hi Moony! I've recently gotten a request for Xianxia GL stories; have you any plans for running a Xianxia themed contest or anthology for future GL works? It seems Xianxia GLs that aren't only side pairings are quite hard to find. Not many feature a main GL pairing or female MC with a relationship or chase going on.

If you have a Discord for Yuri Garden, do share it with me as well so I can forward it to the requestor. I've looked at the Yuri Garden account and stuff, but can't find the Discord link. :sweat_smile: Consider me a blind old cat lady.....
Hi~! We don't have a Discord - the Yuri Garden is a club in a forum thread, found here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-yuri-garden.28548/
(There's no need to read all 376 pages - just the first post. Especially the rules.)

Novel Updates doesn't alllow us to share links to Discords. While you can technically skirt around this by only sharing the links in DMs, doing this completely killed the Danmei Room that was there before us, so we're a strictly no-Discord group.

As for a xianxia events - I don't have any plans for such. The Gardeners have not indicated that this is something they'd like, and I think I'd go mad reading so many near-identical stories.
However, writers are free to set their submissions to the contests and even the anthologies in such a setting (as long as the prompt they've picked allows for it).

This here is all the xianxia GL being translated on NU, if it helps any: https://www.novelupdates.com/series-finder/?sf=1&org=495&gi=480,922&mgi=and&sort=sdate&order=desc

(Wuxia is here: https://www.novelupdates.com/series-finder/?sf=1&org=495&gi=479,922&mgi=and&sort=sdate&order=desc)

She could also wait for the next anthology and submit a wuxia prompt for it, but there's no set time for when the next one will be.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Hi~! We don't have a Discord - the Yuri Garden is a club in a forum thread, found here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-yuri-garden.28548/
(There's no need to read all 376 pages - just the first post. Especially the rules.)

Novel Updates doesn't alllow us to share links to Discords. While you can technically skirt around this by only sharing the links in DMs, doing this completely killed the Danmei Room that was there before us, so we're a strictly no-Discord group.

As for a xianxia events - I don't have any plans for such. The Gardeners have not indicated that this is something they'd like, and I think I'd go mad reading so many near-identical stories.
However, writers are free to set their submissions to the contests and even the anthologies in such a setting (as long as the prompt they've picked allows for it).

This here is all the xianxia GL being translated on NU, if it helps any: https://www.novelupdates.com/series-finder/?sf=1&org=495&gi=480,922&mgi=and&sort=sdate&order=desc

(Wuxia is here: https://www.novelupdates.com/series-finder/?sf=1&org=495&gi=479,922&mgi=and&sort=sdate&order=desc)

She could also wait for the next anthology and submit a wuxia prompt for it, but there's no set time for when the next one will be.
Aaah, I see! Yeah, Discord does seem like a thread-killer lol! So I totally understand.

Oof, yeah, it does seem as if Xianxia/Wuxia's something that's completely identical to most people in a way. I only really read Xianxia/Wuxia/Xuanhuan works, so I can easily tell the difference, but I suppose having a Xianxia theme might blind everyone else hahaha!

Thanks for the NU thread! :blob_melt: And extra thanks for the links to the series! I'll pass them on! Looking at the lists, though, it really seems like just a handful compared to the 10,000++ Wuxia/Xianxia stories the BL counterpart has :sweating_profusely: I suddenly realize how spoiled I am to have so much material I can even swim in it, the requestor really has few works to look at...