[Event - Closed] Sappho's Spinning Wheel: A Yuri Garden Collaborative Anthology Event

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Reservations for Sappho's Spinning Wheel have now closed.

Anyone who wishes to participate in the anthology without a reservation is advised to submit their story ASAP, as it will stop accepting submissions as soon as the last reservation is cancelled or fulfilled.

For those without a reservation, only final drafts can be submitted.

To keep an eye on the progress of the reservations, watch the Reservation List at the top of this post: https://forum.novelupdates.com/blog...ri-garden-collaborative-anthology-event.3927/

It's
FinalCoverContrast (PNG Personal).png
time for another Yuri Garden Collaborative Anthology event~! This time, the theme is fairytale and folktale adaptations.

For those who are unfamiliar with us, the Yuri Garden is the yuri-dedicated thread/club over on NUF which has been around for 3 years. We run a number of yuri writing events, such as our annual writing competition.
You can find us here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-yuri-garden.28548/

The collaborative anthology event officially launched yesterday and will be accepting reservations up until Saturday the 28th of November (GMT).

Those who want to participate can reserve a tale of their choice and will have up to 6 weeks to submit the first draft of their adaptation.
A further 2 weeks for editing can then be unlocked.

"Sappho's Spinning Wheel" will be released on the Yuri Garden's Scribble Hub account, TheYuriGardenAllotment, when it's finished.

fancybreak.png

If you'd like to participate, you can find the full rules and information here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/blog...ri-garden-collaborative-anthology-event.3927/

If you'd like to read the final anthology or see our other collections, you can find our account here: https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/25779/theyurigardenallotment/

If you'd like to ask questions, I'll be right here~!

Last edited:

FriendlyDragon

Your friendly local dragon~
Dang. I was just thinking about how to make yuri fairy tale spin offs not that long ago.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Is it only European fairy tales?
Also, if there's a romantic pairing at the end of the original, are you allowed to change it :blob_evil_two:

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Is it only European fairy tales?
Also, if there's a romantic pairing at the end of the original, are you allowed to change it :blob_evil_two:

No, it's any fairytale or folktale at all.

And you can~! So long as the yuri characters end up with women.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
How drastically can you change the story?

You need to keep the original story as your guide, so readers should be able to trace the original plot through your adaptation, even if you've changed how and why it happens, or have taken bits out.

If you look under "example adaptations" on the rules page, I tried to describe adaptation examples that deviated in a range of ways.

The original story shouldn't be a shackle for you, though. You can drastically change the tone, characters, etc. as you see fit. So long as it doesn't reach the point where the readers would be unable to recognise that you'd adapted the story in the first place.

If in doubt, you can always describe your idea to me and I can let you know ahead of time if it's going to run into problems.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
How long are typical submissions?

It's hard to say. Last time, most stories were around the 4500 word mark, but we had some stories pushing 10,763 words.

SH worked out that the average word count for each entry in the last anthology was 6477.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
I will make an attempt to participate, it certainly won't be anything good, but hopefully not complete trash :blob_sweat:

Just to clarify (I am both dumb and paranoid so I ask a lot of repetitive questions, sorry) we just pm you with a link to the folktale we want to reserve? Is there anything I'm missing?

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I will make an attempt to participate, it certainly won't be anything good, but hopefully not complete trash :blob_sweat:

Just to clarify (I am both dumb and paranoid so I ask a lot of repetitive questions, sorry) we just pm you with a link to the folktale we want to reserve? Is there anything I'm missing?

Don't worry, one can never ask too many questions~!

You don't have to message me privately to reserve your tale, but you can, if using PMs is just easier in general. A tale and a link is indeed all you need to start yourself off~!