Recommendations Evil lead (serious, no comedy)

NineHeadHeavenDevouringSerpent

Looking for dark protagonist novels with power progression, like cultivation or level system.

No comedy, not looking for a satire on villian tropes. Even if there is harem then it should be a cold hearted benefit driven, not the romantic sort.

Mc should progress from weak to strong, not overpowered at the start.

Bonus points: has beast companions, and that pet happens to be serpent species...(also if you know ANY with serpents as pets you can drop it here too)

So yeah, hoping to see some gems on the originals side... *Cross fingers*

AiLovesToGrow

I write silly erotica

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
No clear power progression but circle of obeniel is an obvious one. Ascending the heavens as an evil god. I, a demon slaying girl, is invicible's protagonist literally commits genocide multiple times. Soul of Negari. All on NU
That one is a truly evil protagonist
That one is okay too. An evil autist.
That's all for good and halfway decent stories with evil protagonists that I know

(also if you know ANY with serpents as pets you can drop it here too)

Do you accept yōkai, specifically the Nure-onna? The protagonist in my novel isn't evil though.

In chapter 11, the protagonist creates a shikigami from a Nure-onna he killed. In fact, I'm writing the chapter right now. Unfortunately, it isn't planned for this particularly shikigami to have any free will, so I am not sure whether it can count as a pet.

NineHeadHeavenDevouringSerpent

No clear power progression but circle of obeniel is an obvious one. Ascending the heavens as an evil god. I, a demon slaying girl, is invicible's protagonist literally commits genocide multiple times. Soul of Negari. All on NU
That one is a truly evil protagonist
That one is okay too. An evil autist.
That's all for good and halfway decent stories with evil protagonists that I know
Thanks for orginal recs, I've pretty much scorched the bottom of the translated ones on the NU.

Do you accept yōkai, specifically the Nure-onna? The protagonist in my novel isn't evil though.

In chapter 11, the protagonist creates a shikigami from a Nure-onna he killed. In fact, I'm writing the chapter right now. Unfortunately, it isn't planned for this particularly shikigami to have any free will, so I am not sure whether it can count as a pet.
Yup, as long as there is a serpent pet I don't mind if it's not evil mc. Thanks for the rec!

Madokiii

excuse me for my English,

ascending the heavens as an evil god is literally what you are looking for.

mc is always calm and doesn't care about others.

Nocturnis66

Looking for dark protagonist novels with power progression, like cultivation or level system.

No comedy, not looking for a satire on villian tropes. Even if there is harem then it should be a cold hearted benefit driven, not the romantic sort.

Mc should progress from weak to strong, not overpowered at the start.

Bonus points: has beast companions, and that pet happens to be serpent species...(also if you know ANY with serpents as pets you can drop it here too)

So yeah, hoping to see some gems on the originals side... *Cross fingers*
Try my story out. It's a dark sci-fi story where the MC is an average soldier serving the region of Helmvel. She cultivates her powers through learning the truth about her origins. It's still in its development stages, but hopefully you'll try it out