Fables of the Void Animated series

GlenWald

So I'm creating an animated series for my Novel series Fables of the Void. These are some of the progress I'm making on the worlds and settings of the series. Also a nice little concept video for the opening scene for the first episode. I hope you enjoy. Don't forget to go read the series :)
palace.jpg

Imperial Palace on Prion WIP
prion.png

Prion

spacestation2.png

Prionesse Orbital Space Port #593290

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Does Prion have a light refracting atmosphere?
If so, the clear cut shadow is off.
You could try to work with volume scattering in a second sphere scaled up from the planet and tie the density to the inverse of the distance from the center. (Or the square of that, try some things out and see what works)

For close ups the space station lacks detail. Adding it manually is probably too much work, but you could make tiles, bake them onto a texture and use those.
Roughness also is a bit too high. Especially if there's a lot of traffic, the surface would wear from thrust material

GlenWald

Does Prion have a light refracting atmosphere?
If so, the clear cut shadow is off.
You could try to work with volume scattering in a second sphere scaled up from the planet and tie the density to the inverse of the distance from the center. (Or the square of that, try some things out and see what works)

For close ups the space station lacks detail. Adding it manually is probably too much work, but you could make tiles, bake them onto a texture and use those.
Roughness also is a bit too high. Especially if there's a lot of traffic, the surface would wear from thrust material
It does have an atmosphere and it has been fixed since the last render. However I am still improving my skills with Blender and I will make some more adjustments to both the planet and the atmosphere. I appreciate your feedback so much, haven't had any honest feedback since posting on YouTube and various other places. As for the textures, I've learnt how to do them properly now and will revisit all my models to improve them. thank you again.