Fantasy Adventure That Isn't an Isekai or a FanFic

D

Deleted member 46002

Powers? Check
Another fantasy world that is not Isekai? Check
Fictional creatures? Check
Sassy and OP MC? hahaha~check~~
I am a novice writer that seeks for reviews on my new ongoing story. I guess you might find something extraordinary. :blob_uwu:

Sandycat135

shameless self-promo!
although mine is less focused on the world, it's still pretty ok.

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
No hate on anyone on here but like...all I ever see are reincarnated/reborn/summoned stories, or fanfics. I'm really just looking for a world that's unique, with an MC that isn't from this world. Just a completely fresh setting, power system, etc.

And if your novel fits this description then please, by all means, plug it in the comments.
I am working on a fantasy novel of this nature. I know the pain. It feels like isekai and such is manufactured endlessly on sites like this.

At the current time, I'm not far enough in my fantasy novel to post it here. It takes place in a world where a race of merfolk and humans have been involved in an extended conflict.

In the meantime, while I don't have any books here I can recommend, if you are searching for more traditional works, I recommend anything by Brandon Sanderson. He is one of, if not the best fantasy authors writing today.

He finished the wheel of time series, and is constantly putting out big bestsellers. He crafts unique worlds, realistic, relatable characters, and magic systems with such interesting internal rules, they feel like they obey natural laws.

If you are searching for something short, he has novellas like the emperor's soul. If you want something free to try him out, his novel Warbreaker is completely free as a pdf from his website.

But if you're willing to go for just a great fantasy trilogy, Mistborn is, I think the best entry into his work. Expect a movie based on it to be announced in coming years.

From there, there is his master epic The Stormlight Archive. I have never read books better than this that weren't scripture. If you love fantasy, you will love these books. However the massive tomes are best read after you've eased into his smaller works.

This has been a long winded response, but I hope that gives some guidance.

My novel (The Alchemy Kingdom) takes a more scientific approach to magic. It focus on magic crafting, based on a logical system... I tried to create Magic Arrays so my readers can comprehend the designs and even come up with their own...

Yoranai

I just got into novel writing and I made this.

DuskArcanist

Chapters out every day

Noks

A Vengeful Tide. It's a story about a pirate who got betrayed by his beloved and his crew. He went back in time and swore revenge, he have the ability to control water to his will, so i guess it's a regressor story. Be warned tho, it have an element of incest and heavy on sex. Try reading at-least five chapter before turning it down.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Obligatory: My story Syche

Might as well to the endless pile of self promotion.

Agentt

Thighs
Well, my own story, Reborn as a magical girl, something. Can't remember the title.
Here's why you should read it.
Magic has laws and is not invincible.
It has multiple layers, ie, currently there are 3 stories at play.
The characters are as real as they come.
It is part of a universe, which I will expand soon.

The only problem is that I am on Hiatus, but that shall be resolved in a week.