Recommendations Fantasy novel where the MC has no romantic feelings whatsoever.

OP1000

Hello!!!!
I was wondering if there was an original work on scribblehub where:
  1. The MC lives in a typical fantasy world with a medieval setting
  2. The MC does not have a significant other at the beginning of the story, and will not have a romantic partner at the end of the story
  3. Is determined to avoid starting a romantic relationship with someone(I don't mind if the supporting characters have a relationship with each other)
  4. The protagonist may be someone of average strength, a weakling at the beginning of the story that will grow as the story progresses, or an individual stronger the average man as long as the protagonist isn't the strongest being in the world
  5. The MC must be born within the world the story takes place(not that I hate stories with such characters, I just feel like reading a story without an MC from another world reincarnate into the fantasy world)
  6. The MC must either be a hero or a villain, no anti-hero protagonists
  7. A completed story would be prefered, but I don't mind reading an ongoing story as long as the story has a somewhat consistent update schedule

Africanchieftainsson

Last in line of succession
Hello!!!!
I was wondering if there was an original work on scribblehub where:
  1. The MC lives in a typical fantasy world with a medieval setting
  2. The MC does not have a significant other at the beginning of the story, and will not have a romantic partner at the end of the story
  3. Is determined to avoid starting a romantic relationship with someone(I don't mind if the supporting characters have a relationship with each other)
  4. The protagonist may be someone of average strength, a weakling at the beginning of the story that will grow as the story progresses, or an individual stronger the average man as long as the protagonist isn't the strongest being in the world
  5. The MC must be born within the world the story takes place(not that I hate stories with such characters, I just feel like reading a story without an MC from another world reincarnate into the fantasy world)
  6. The MC must either be a hero or a villain, no anti-hero protagonists
  7. A completed story would be prefered, but I don't mind reading an ongoing story as long as the story has a somewhat consistent update schedule
Fella, have you heard of "lord of the mysteries?" It ticks almost none of your boxes but who cares? I am someone who just finished it and has made it my mission to spread the word of it ever so often. If you've read it, then forget I said anything. With love ❤ from the kingdom of yams' young master
* Almost everywhere except scribble hub...💀

Twin

Novels not on scribblehub :
The legendary moonlight sculptor
The king of battlefield
Rising of the shield hero (Mc isn't born in the original world)
Worm

Novels on scribblehub:
Actually I don't even need to list them. You will find these novels more easily using the release filtering on scribblehub. Just cross out the "Romance genre" and you are good to go.

Tempokai

Overworked One
The Runesmith?

Except for MC that is a reincarnee, everything ticks the box.

LordJoyde

The king of battlefield
Rising of the shield hero (Mc isn't born in the original world)
Worm

Novels on scribblehub:
Actually I don't even need to list them. You will find these novels more easily using the release filtering on scribblehub. Just cross out the "Romance genre" and you are good to go.
Moonlight sculptor has no romance?... Excuse me but the very existence of our Berserker Queen makes that a falsehood.

EDIT: Not to mention a certain formerly terminally-ill healer.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Fella, have you heard of "lord of the mysteries?" It ticks almost none of your boxes but who cares? I am someone who just finished it and has made it my mission to spread the word of it ever so often. If you've read it, then forget I said anything. With love ❤ from the kingdom of yams' young master
* Almost everywhere except scribble hub...💀
Seconded just because i love LOTM and went through the same phase a few months ago. Also definitely what the OP asks for, tho setting is a little off kek
Actually the MC is probably classified as an anti-hero, but story's too good for it to matter.
Legendary moonlight sculptor has entire arcs about the MCs romance tho, doesn't it?
Moonlight sculptor has no romance?... Excuse me but the very existence of our Berserker Queen makes that a falsehood.

this
Reverend Insanity, it's a gem.
Fits all the boxes except medieval setting since it's eastern fantastical, but close enough so would recommend too. Abandoned tho because the Chinese government hates the author, as far as I'm aware that's a major reason why. Personally dropped it and it's not for everyone as it's classic xianxia, with all it's quirks that not everyone can just embrace and forge onward.

Back to LOTM, i don't care about there being no romance in the novel, Susie is best girl and must be cherished.

Last edited:

Africanchieftainsson

Last in line of succession
Okay

Okay, am I the only one who felt disappointed that the legendary moonlight sculptor remained real to the end. I was hoping for the game to branch out into reality with some wild plot, where only a moonlight sculptor can save the real world. You know novels where the game takes over reality like Re: Evolution online? Anyways besides my unrealistic expectations it was great for everyone 🙆

Twin

Oops forgot about that.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
My novel Nowhere to Run fits all the boxes, the MC was born and lives in the typical fantasy world with a medieval setting (no Isekai), doesn't have a significant other at the beginning of the story, and won't have one at the end either since she's a priestess so she can't get romantically involved with anyone anyway. She is physically weak and won't get stronger, she must rely on others to survive.

The only gripe is that the updates take a while, I have 15 chapters and almost 100K words up already and halfway through my latest chapter so it should be up this month. My chapters are quite long but it usually takes me 2 months on average to upload a chapter.

There you have it, I'd be honored if you feel like taking a look.

Ninachico.png