Frequently Asked Questions

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
A thread on the FAQ that most general users will have for the website.

A) Stories are manually approved, thus you should wait around 12 hours for it to appear on the website.
A1) If you had changed the order of your table of content then the anti-cheat system kicked in to prevent people from trying to move their old chapters to the main page.
A2) If you had released a chapter before that had the same title/chapter content before and deleted it just to upload it again then the anti-cheat system kicked in to prevent people from trying to move their chapter back to the main page.
A) Take a look at our Content Guideline: https://www.scribblehub.com/content-guidelines/
A) There's no specific good time to release your story, ideally, you want to randomise your schedule so you can get different users from different timezone.
A) Trending makes use of different metrics of stats that are hidden in order to prevent people "gaming" the system. Thus, you shouldn't worry about trending and just focus on improving your writing!
A) ScribbleHub does not have an exclusivity rule (unless you participate in contests which state otherwise) hence you are free to post your stories to other websites and vice versa.
A) We do! If you scroll to the bottom of SH main page, you'll find the discord icon next to our twitter account. Click on it and you are good to go.
A) You can report the series and it will be manually checked. However, the website has its own security methods against bots and etc so you shouldn't worry too much.

The FAQ list is subject to changes!

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Nicely done, it's nice to have one up early~

Now we just need Tony-chan to give you Mod superpowers and then pin this thread~

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i was confused about what this was.
for the inevitable WHY ISN'T MY SERIES SHOWING AFTER NAUGHT POINT 5 SECONDS OF POSTING IN THE SITE FUCK FUCK FUCK threads that WILL still come even after the FAQ unless the forum hardlocks them into ONLY being able to see the FAQ before posting anything

Tony

Staff member
Thanks @Alverost for making this thread!

for the inevitable WHY ISN'T MY SERIES SHOWING AFTER NAUGHT POINT 5 SECONDS OF POSTING IN THE SITE FUCK FUCK FUCK threads that WILL still come even after the FAQ unless the forum hardlocks them into ONLY being able to see the FAQ before posting anything

Some people won't even read the FAQ even if it's forced on them. That's why I wasn't in a rush for a FAQ.

This is the message the user gets right after they submit their series:
All submitted series are checked before it shows up on the site. This process could take up to 12 hours.

So.... yeah, some people don't care enough to read even if its in their face which I totally understand :blobrofl:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
So.... yeah, some people don't care enough to read even if its in their face which I totally understand
I honestly wonder how you understand that, because I totally don't! >.<

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Q) Is life a meaningless void of suffering and anguish in which the only joy we can find is staving off the end because we're too scared of what lies beyond?
A) ...

Goswick

Drunken Australian
I think as long as this post is stickied at the top, it should be good.

That being said, plz sticky this, it's really useful information - and I don't want anyone else to embarrass themselves like I did by making one of those "why isn't my series showing" threads.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Feel free to suggest any FAQ for this thread as well.

AkalE

Why do we need an FAQ thread?
We need multiple threads asking the same questions even on SH's 10th anniversary! :blobtaco::blobtaco:

Goswick

Drunken Australian
Why do we need an FAQ thread?
We need multiple threads asking the same questions even on SH's 10th anniversary! :blobtaco::blobtaco:

Let's celebrate the tenth Scribblehub anniversary by having everyone simultaneously post "WHY HASN'T MY STORY BEEN UPLOADED YET?" threads.
It's a perfect idea :blob_party:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts