Favorite Genre of Music?

Wintertime

King of Nothing
I've been trying to expand my music tastes. I've recently gotten into Psytrance, which is probably the last thing I thought I would like; considering I mostly like listening to piano tunes, Video game OST's, Lowfi and like Future bounce. What's your favorite genre of music, or what music have you been listening to recently? Recommend me a song to listen to. It could be anything! (But if you say Country, you're on my dislike list.)

steve2116

I am one of the 3 people I know that like dubstep, although I personally listen to more melodic dubstep so I recommend looking at some of those. One of my favourite dubstep songs is called “The Angels Among Demons”. It is a 4m long sort of instrumental, good to listen to when you want to relax without going to sleep. It calms my mind

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I really like contemporary folk music. Right now I've been listening to Heather Alexander's and Tricky Pixie's "Creature of the Wood" and "Daughter of the Glade" on repeat. They're counterpart songs about a satyr and female satyr seducing people away with both raw sexuality and their forbidden knowledge. They're both very seductive but dark...
I really like the power behind folk music and how it takes you on a story. Personally, I find it hard not to feel a little bit wild and bold after listening to either one of those songs~!

Since it was too hard to compare them and choose one of the other, here's both if you want to give them a try ("Creature of the Wood" is a little bit more melancholy and threatening; "Daughter of the Glade" is more focused on female power and tempting a person):

Nihilaine

Lately I've been addicted listening to these jrock bands that could articulate in english well like oneokrock, nanoir, alexandros, myfirststory.
Also my addiction for Nu Metal is relapsing so I've been searching for bands that's like Linkin Park but so far this is the only one I found that's barely decent.

Sigh, I really wish Chester was still alive. :blob_frown:

HokuouTenrou

Favorite genre of music: Viking black metal. Bathory's "A Fine Day to Die" is a good starter. Or Sig Ar Tyr's "Helluland" if you want it new-ish.
Recently listened: Hardbass, if only because of Life of Boris. Wanted to add dark(?) folk or Death Grips (experimental industrial hip-hop), but they're not quite recent in my list.

Viking BM:

Folk-ish:

Ded Gribs:

Hardbass:

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
I'm eclectic so I listen to all kinds. That said, I enjoy folk music quite a bit actually. I like Folk music quite a bit. Also I am partial to dark cabaret, what I listen to really depends on my mood. Some of my favorite oddball artists...

i listen to bang dream songs recently. some of my favorite songs are neo aspect and hachigatsu no if for the originals, shin ai and days for the cover.

i don't listen to music that much since they're kind of distracting when i wanna do stuff. as an alternative, i went to ambient music. things that are quiet and soothing and makes you blend with the scenery.

like this for example.

though most of time, i prefer no music.

if you're in for some quiet ambient listening, i only know chris watson and steve roden's albums. and yeah, robert rich's somnium which reach up to 8 hours--that one's suppoed to be listened at while you're asleep though. robert rich intended for it to enhance your sleeping experience, and he even made 'sleep concerts' with it, but i'm not sure how much it affected myself way back, when i listen to it.

not sure if it counts as music but i also like listening to these kind of sounds.

xane

I don't really browse based on genre, have been listening to a lot of L'Arc en Ciel. I guess it would fall under j-rock but you might recognize them from these anime openings.

Wintertime

King of Nothing
Thank you for all your music suggestions! I'll get through all of them hehe

I really like contemporary folk music. Right now I've been listening to Heather Alexander's and Tricky Pixie's "Creature of the Wood" and "Daughter of the Glade" on repeat. They're counterpart songs about a satyr and female satyr seducing people away with both raw sexuality and their forbidden knowledge. They're both very seductive but dark...
I really like the power behind folk music and how it takes you on a story. Personally, I find it hard not to feel a little bit wild and bold after listening to either one of those songs~!

Since it was too hard to compare them and choose one of the other, here's both if you want to give them a try ("Creature of the Wood" is a little bit more melancholy and threatening; "Daughter of the Glade" is more focused on female power and tempting a person):

Have you listened to Vindsvept? He makes fantasy folk music.

Stormingtiger101

I was excited to see some good metal, but then I was disappointed immediately.
Here is some metal for you my friend:
Not by any means an underground band, but defintely an underknown song of theirs.

Here are some relases from this year as well. Departure Chandelier's album is probably my favorite of the year so far. And to send this off here is a Motörhead ballad:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P-eUHWVx2WE