favorite music albums

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Fine. The Crane Wives are closer to actual rock. Coyote Stories
The Google Search description gave me this

They refer to themselves as a "home grown indie-folk outfit from Grand Rapids, Michigan that defies musical stereotypes."

Gives me a Fleet Foxes type of vibe. Definitely gonna try it out. Thanks bud

D

Deleted member 29316

Jesus it's a metalhead congregation in here

Fuck it you guys need some chill music man here you go

Akron/Family
Akron/Family

Yes, it may be labeled rock on the initial Google Search but at this point, rock has become this catch-all term to anything with a resemblance of what the genre used to be. Even Imagine Dragons is considered rock. If anything, this is more of a psychedelic indie folk. If you wanna use my terms, I'd call it acoustic/electronic campfire music.

To give it a quick description, imagine a movie about a man resting on his death bed next to a heart beat monitor revisiting his memories out of a non chronological order. At first glance they might seem like good memories but the further you look at it the more disturbed and unsettling the memories are, as if it's been tampered by the constant wash of time. This will be that movie's soundtrack. It starts off light some light-hearted, listen-before-bed kind of music before some sudden shit kicks in from behind, with out of place tambourines and sudden electric static near the end.

Good chill shit to listen to in my opinion.

I'll take that as a compliment.

When I write, I need something to stimulate me, so I could reach that 6k word target per chap. Plus, I like history, so I could get some inspiration while writing my story, in which, the protagonist's knowledge of history plays a big part.

That music, and a drum of coffee.