Favorite name

K_Jira

Have you ever found names, or have a list of names, that you like so much that you can't help but want to always use it in your stories? For me, if it's western, they're Kaius, Sirius, and Eden. If it's eastern, they're Bai, Xie, Kurokawa, and Shiro. Though I held back from using them too much, I have like 3 or something story drafts with the protagonists having Sirius and Eden as their names each. There are even more protagonists with the name or surname Bai or Xie.

Not too long ago, I also found a new one from the anime Gaikotsu Kishi-Sama ---> Dakares. For some reason, it has a nice ring to it.

What about you guys?

Poleg

King of the birds and the fish.
Have you ever found names, or have a list of names, that you like so much that you can't help but want to always use it in your stories? For me, if it's western, they're Kaius, Sirius, and Eden. If it's eastern, they're Bai, Xie, Kurokawa, and Shiro. Though I held back from using them too much, I have like 3 or something story drafts with the protagonists having Sirius and Eden as their names each. There are even more protagonists with the name or surname Bai or Xie.

Not too long ago, I also found a new one from the anime Gaikotsu Kishi-Sama ---> Dakares. For some reason, it has a nice ring to it.

What about you guys?
My favorite name is Jesus Christus.

K_Jira

KrakenRiderEmma

That's funny, I tend to use Kurokawa a lot too... like the protagonist in the second story in my signature! But that might be because I went to middle school with a friend named Kurokawa in Japan, and I've remembered the name ever since because I thought "black river" was cool when I was 12.

Also, autocorrect always wants to make it "Kurosawa" like the film director, which you may have run into.

J_Chemist

MC's name is a name I've recycled since I started writing on a Halo forum over ten years ago.

K_Jira

I've remembered a couple. Tikhon and Woldemar, though I'm not sure whether I will use them or not.
What nationality is that inspired from? Woldemar sounds like a powerful name.

Axelrod, Kai, Dio, Weed, Herzog, Vandal, Eiríkr

And many more that I can't think up right now
Kai is a versatile name. I also like to use it but often as nicknames.

That's funny, I tend to use Kurokawa a lot too... like the protagonist in the second story in my signature! But that might be because I went to middle school with a friend named Kurokawa in Japan, and I've remembered the name ever since because I thought "black river" was cool when I was 12.

Also, autocorrect always wants to make it "Kurosawa" like the film director, which you may have run into.
Names with black or white as their meaning often sounds cool. I also like it when it ends with 'Kami' like Kurokami or something.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Not a fan of Kai, it's dangerously close to cum. You're character is just asking to get bullied.

Last edited:

Rhaps

Cult Leader of The Church of Dice
Theodore is an endearing name, I really like it but haven't found the oppotunity to use it, yet.

Another name I really like is Charlotte, it's fun to say for me. Plus the historical Angel of Assassination, Charlotte Corday, is also a big part of it, she just walked into a guy in a bathtub and stabbed him.

HabitualChaos

What nationality is that inspired from? Woldemar sounds like a powerful name.
Waldemar, Valdemar or Woldemar is an Old High German given name. It consists of the elements wald- "power", "brightness" and -mar "fame". The name is considered the equivalent of the Slavic name Vladimir.

Gellert Grindelwald...

Last edited:

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I got beaten into a coma 27 years ago by 7 guys. I can't remember names or faces. Thanks from bring that up. Why don't you give me 27 papercuts on my face and sprinkle me with lemon juice for 7 seconds while yer at it.