Favorite weapon?

SailusGebel

Not necessarily the weapon you would like to wield, but the most aesthetically pleasing, coolest movesets, etc. I know that a lot of you would write joke answers and try to flex your sense of humor. If you do, please add a serious answer. Lastly, fantasy weapons, guns, and other stuff like that count.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Depends on your expectations and ability to write I would say. I generally have one for each type of setting. Like wuxia, I like the snake blade like zabimaru from bleach. For xianxias, it is kind of mixed since I generally like formation swords or something similar to Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon. I generally reserve many amazing skillsets for many types of weapons, though writing them seems to be a pain in the ass.

SailusGebel

Depends on your expectations and ability to write I would say. I generally have one for each type of setting. Like wuxia, I like the snake blade like zabimaru from bleach. For xianxias, it is kind of mixed since I generally like formation swords or something similar to Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon. I generally reserve many amazing skillsets for many types of weapons, though writing them seems to be a pain in the ass.
The thread is in general chat. I'm not talking about writing tips. I'm asking about personal preferences in real life. For example, you really like karambit knives. Or you are a die-hard fan of katanas. And so on and so forth. From your answer you are probably a fan of zabimaru-like swords, right?

Draconite

Exist in the void
Sword because of it can be used anywhere and anytime (although it's not that good irl), and spears the king of weapons with longer reach

My personal favorite is the one that lets me prevent conflicts and problems from happening in the first place.

Like the power of love and friendship, I guess.

SailusGebel

Sword because of it can be used anywhere and anytime (although it's not that good irl), and spears the king of weapons with longer reach
All kinds of swords and spears, or do you prefer some specific type?

Mechaphobic

As a modern person, why do I need to be good at anything? When it comes to weapons, I want it to do all of the work for me. Aiming? No, that requires skill, I want to point in the general direction and kill everything! I need an AA12! A fully automatic shotgun that fires 320 RPM!

Mysticant

Resident Ant
The thread is in general chat. I'm not talking about writing tips. I'm asking about personal preferences in real life. For example, you really like karambit knives. Or you are a die-hard fan of katanas. And so on and so forth. From your answer you are probably a fan of zabimaru-like swords, right?
Oh my bad, I just jumped in without looking at where the thread is. But yeah, I find hidden blades amazing so snake or whip blades (whatever they are called) would be my top choice. Another would be a hidden blade in a cane or umbrella.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Spear because its based and redpilled

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Not necessarily the weapon you would like to wield, but the most aesthetically pleasing, coolest movesets, etc. I know that a lot of you would write joke answers and try to flex your sense of humor. If you do, please add a serious answer. Lastly, fantasy weapons, guns, and other stuff like that count.
The answer is already in my pfp. As for a more medieval(well it's a bit more renaissance) weapon, it would be the greatsword. No not those big ass chunks of metal, the relatively thin two handed swords. It's no spear, but it has good reach and definitely provides a lot of defense for a sword. Also it looks badass and beautiful.

great sword.jpg

Internet-Degenerate

I don't know why, but when I read this question, I was immediately reminded of the day I got my first Super Soaker when I was a young child. Seriously. I remember I was absolutely thrilled I got my first Super Soaker when I was about six years old. I wanted to test out it's destructive powers, so I snuck up on my dad while he was watching the NRL and shot a massive water stream right at the back of his head. He bounced up immediately and spilled his VB, and then he jumped over the couch and chased me around the house, eventually cornering me in the garage, where he beat me half to death with a heavy duty extension cable. So I reckon the weapon I'd like to wield the most is a heavy duty extension cable, since I know firsthand how lethal they are.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Give me a dagger and the speed of a god, and I'll show you a path of destruction behind me.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
I like various weapons for various reasons... But I'm particularly fond of a staff or quarterstaff. For when you need to use a walking stick and then beat some thugs black and blue. Very customizable too. Tie a dagger to the end and you have a spear. Tie a spell focus to the other end, magic staff. Good reach, lethal or non-lethal, solid defense, doesn't draw attention.

If guns are allowed, I like sniper rifles and marksmen's rifles. Precision stuff. Though if I could use artillery precisely, I might take that instead.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
Mossberg 590A1 with a bayonet, slugs, flashlight and red dot sight. Absolutely nothing within 100 yards would ever pose a problem.

Melee weapons? I'm fond of spears. They're simple, practical, and almost everybody can figure out that the pointy end should go inside the enemy. Hell, a rifle with a bayonet is a spear that doubles as a gun.

Last edited:

Jemini

Give me a dagger and the speed of a god, and I'll show you a path of destruction behind me.
That 2nd part, "speed of a god," is the main sticking point of a dagger. Sure, it would be effective on it's own if you could move at impossible speeds. But, if you have those speeds, then a sword or spear in hand is still better. (My vote as the best weapon for a speedster though would be a horseman's flail. It minimizes hand-shock while still preserving a good deal of damage.)

Really, a dagger's true deadly purpose is for performing Coup de' graces attacks against heavily armored opponents. That is, you immobilize your enemy, take out the dagger, and then get it up under the helmet or stab it through the eye-slits. The actual immobilizing portion though is usually done with a sword fight. Because of this, the dagger is actually considered the more deadly weapon than the sword Vs. heavily armored opponents. You need a longer weapon to do the immobilizing part, but it is still ultimately the dagger that deals the finisher, and the dagger is short enough that it's easy to use as a side-arm and keep it ready for exactly this purpose regardless of what your primary weapon is.

Anyway, that's too much realism to apply to the OP question. As for what I think is the coolest weapon, I would have to say the Tsurugi sword. It's a Japanese 1 handed straight 2 edge sword, similar in design to European long swords. That's just the thing. The Tsurugi is abnormally long for a 1 hand sword, which makes most moves you do with it innately a great deal more astatically pleasing.