Favourite Anime?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
What's your favourite Anime? What Anime can you rewatch a lot of times? What Anime really inspire you or help you see a new outlook in life? Or what anime that's just really dumb and stupid yet you love it?

Miserys_End

[Lv1 Pretend Person] Im the person I pretend to be
Growing up, robotech/maccross, gundam series
Young adult, Akira, Elfen Lied, ghost in a shell, cowboy bebop
Middle aged, hentai... lots of hentai

mrsimple

Writer
At the moment: The Irregular at Magic High School.

I've watched it three times, so far, and I really am fascinated by the protagonist's social awkwardness around others. He's absolutely capable, and can be charming, but he easily misreads people. Like some flirtations go straight over his head. Quite unlike a lot of other protagonists in a harem who jump to conclusions and, well, overheat from too much excitement from the prospect of intimacy.

I like the character and I want to learn how to create someone like him. Don't much care for his OPed abilities. It is his personality I want to take apart and examine.

Other anime I have watched more than once has been Classroom of the Elite, Alderamin of the Sky, The Saga of Tanya the Evil, Overlord, No Game/No Life, GATE, and Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-.

That pretty much sums up my rewatchables. :)

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
I think it matters by Genre. I generally don't rewatch stuff but coming from DBZ, I really liked Scryed where the MC says "Shut up and fight".

I also liked Higurashi no Koroni (the first season)

JustHANO

I've watched My ROMCOM SNAFU too many times. Following that is Steins Gates. Another favorite i can't rewatch because too much feels is Welcome to NHK

JustHANO

Btw im literally watching my romcom snafu right now because i recommended it to my friend and decided to watch it again.

Miserys_End

[Lv1 Pretend Person] Im the person I pretend to be
Hmmm... trying to remember if there were any animes that I watched over and over... OMG.... just remembered on... can't say how many times I watched it...
My bride is a mermaid (link to the manga) but yeah, always cheered me up and had me busting a gut lmao..

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
Honestly comedy animes are really the only ones I enjoy watching multiple times, even if more serious anime are my overall favorites.

Erroneous

[Blissful Indolence]
I'm required to say One Piece here. I've been watching it since 2007 and they're still pumping out episodes. While the beginning was shaky, once the Arlong Arc began, a pace was set and the quality and depth of characters really began to show.

Series I've re-watched more than once: Cowboy Bebop, Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team, Trigun, Hellsing... a lot of the older series' that really defined my childhood. While they may be the best, the nostalgia is there and I absolutely enjoy it.

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Log Horizon
Youjo Senki

HokuouTenrou

Fav animu: G-Gundam, Gaogaigar, Mazinkaiser SKL... Let's just say I love hot blooded super robot.
Inspiring: FMA Brotherhood.
Stupid yet love: Ai Mai Mii & Jakusansei Million Arthur, Isekai Smartphone.

lilyWhiteRose

[raises this month old thread from the dead] (is this allowed....?)

i'm.... sensitive so my tastes are pretty tame. i'm not a very violent, edgy person, if you guys noticed :blob_sweat: not that i think violent action anime is bad, it's just not something i'm personally into, most of the time.

here are some of my favorites, from what i can remember off the top of my head...
  • revolutionary girl utena
  • mob psycho 100 (the manga too!)
  • the promised neverland
  • gurren lagann
  • gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun
  • houseki no kuni
  • mushishi
  • jojo's bizarre adventure
  • hunter x hunter
  • showa genroku rakujo shinjo
i probably have more, but i can't think of them right now...

Last edited:

Alienix

Comedy:
  1. Saiki kusuo no psi nan
  2. Gintama
  3. Hinamatsuri
  4. Asobi asobase
  5. Great teacher onizuka
  6. Baka to test
  7. D frag
  8. I think I miss something, bu whatever

Fantasy:
  1. Fate series
  2. Hxh
  3. One Piece
  4. Etc

All of it is my favorites

Alienix

i'm.... sensitive so my tastes are pretty tame. i'm not a very violent, edgy person, if you guys noticed :blob_sweat: not that i don't think violent action anime is bad, it's just not something i'm personally into, most of the time.

here are some of my favorites, from what i can remember off the top of my head...
  • the promised neverland
  • gurren lagann
  • houseki no kuni
  • mushishi
  • hunter x hunter
Woah, our taste are similar, but I am not yet to watch showa genroku and revolution girl.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member

i'm.... sensitive so my tastes are pretty tame. i'm not a very violent, edgy person, if you guys noticed :blob_sweat: not that i don't think violent action anime is bad, it's just not something i'm personally into, most of the time.

• the promised neverland
  • gurren lagann
  • houseki no kuni
  • mushishi
  • hunter x hunter
Haven't seen mob psycho but I do see the fanbase thirsting over the characters :blob_whistle:

lilyWhiteRose

Woah, our taste are similar, but I am not yet to watch showa genroku and revolution girl.
i highly recommend both! revolutionary girl utena is kinda weird and surrealist though, and showa genroku rakujo shinjo is...... depressing and sad, most of the time.

Haven't seen mob psycho but I do see the fanbase thirsting over the characters :blob_whistle:
LOLOLOL i think it's really funny. it doesn't help that the studio animating the anime adaption is making everyone look so good! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: