Favourite armor.

SailusGebel

What kind of armor do you all like the most? Over the top fantasy one? Futuristic battle-suits? Armor that was used in a real-life? If you decide to give a joke answer, please add a serious one as well.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
What kind of armor do you all like the most? Over the top fantasy one? Futuristic battle-suits? Armor that was used in a real-life? If you decide to give a joke answer, please add a serious one as well.
Ive watched too much Shadiversity to appreciate anything but a good practical piece of armor.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Hm.... fantasy ones but not over the top! But not the stripper kind! The cool-looking kind! Though... Uh... Can I have my husbandos in sexy ones? Hmm... Am a hypocrite I know!
Heheh... Maybe leather or cloth ones for better mobility! Steel armor gets all clanky and loud! :blob_melt:

FeverDream

"Armour is part of a state of mind in which you admit the possibility of being hit." so,in this case, I would say it's better to have no armor

SailusGebel

Ive watched too much Shadiversity to appreciate anything but a good practical piece of armor.
But there are different types of practical armors. Like chainmail, brigandine, samurai full-set, a plate armor, and so on. What kind do you like the most? Not out of the ones I named, but out of all the ones you can think of.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Decent protection, light armor, less tight looking and pure stylish looking.

Armor that protects the vital areas, parts that make it more mobile and flexible, mainly used in long stages of combat and high survivability in tense and exhausing situations.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
if we're talking cyberpunk, it's gotta be the light/melee aesthetic. lit: minimal armour with emphasis on speed and evasion. body plates with a cool ass jacket over it. that's the fucking shit. relegate them to street wear and small-sized weapons. hell, extra points if you're using unconventional tools (hammer, wrenches, I've seen someone pull that look off with a god damn screwdriver once)

if we're talking sci-fi; look man, Titanfall broke fucking GROUND with their designs

and to prove I'm not biased just because titanfall had that strap-cum-corset-boob-pocket design, here's another image I hastily fished out after googling "titanfall male armour to prove I'm not horny"

in all honesty, full body armour is fucking ass. i have no reason to state why it's so. they just look ass. you are allowed to criticize me from a utilitarian purpose. it's okay because I know you're wrong. if you want to argue from an aesthetic standpoint, then you're double wrong. fuck you. sleeveless + light plate holders = pure, unfiltered style.

light sub machine guns/pistols, full body suits with built-in plating/casual wear engrained with vests and tech shit, and a god damn helmet.

i guess halo-esque armor is cool too, but c'mon, unless we're talking about the guy from ODST or John himself, the rest are mid-tier design.

oh yeah, as for medieval armor, you either give me a hooded cloak:

or don't give me anything at all

we need the conan eras of movies back. aquaman isn't enough. women have enough sexy screen time. it's time for men to come back with literal tumor biceps and full on abs.

as for the modern/post-apocalyptic era, anything goes; as long as you got some sort of a mask/helmet going on:

and this is exclusive to the modern (maybe sci-fi too?) era; skin-tight body suits:

holy shit this is untapped potential why hasn't anyone done more of this:

as you can tell, I'm not a fan of bulky steel plated armour (save for Warhammer, but that's by the virtue of them OVERDOING it for fun). I'm not the fan of the mow-em-down-while-wearing-a-bulldozer's-equivalent-of-a-shirt line of armour. I'm more of a sneaky sneaky stabby stabby/super speed slicing-dicing/long-distance sniping kind of guy. if I can't have that, then I might as well beat them down with nothing but my bare knuckles and naked pectorals.

public service announcement to read Gantz, btw

edit:
i guess halo-esque armor is cool too, but c'mon, unless we're talking about the guy from ODST or John himself, the rest are mid-tier design.

i take back what i said these look great holy shit

SailusGebel

if we're talking cyberpunk, it's gotta be the light/melee aesthetic. lit: minimal armour with emphasis on speed and evasion. body plates with a cool ass jacket over it. that's the fucking shit. relegate them to street wear and small-sized weapons. hell, extra points if you're using unconventional tools (hammer, wrenches, I've seen someone pull that look off with a god damn screwdriver once)

if we're talking sci-fi; look man, Titanfall broke fucking GROUND with their designs

and to prove I'm not biased just because titanfall had that strap-cum-corset-boob-pocket design, here's another image I hastily fished out after googling "titanfall male armour to prove I'm not horny"

in all honesty, full body armour is fucking ass. i have no reason to state why it's so. they just look ass. you are allowed to criticize me from a utilitarian purpose. it's okay because I know you're wrong. if you want to argue from an aesthetic standpoint, then you're double wrong. fuck you. sleeveless + light plate holders = pure, unfiltered style.

light sub machine guns/pistols, full body suits with built-in plating/casual wear engrained with vests and tech shit, and a god damn helmet.

oh yeah, as for medieval armor, you either give me a hooded cloak:

or don't give me anything at all

we need the conan eras of movies back. aquaman isn't enough. women have enough sexy screen time. it's time for men to come back with literal tumor biceps and full on abs.

as for the modern/post-apocalyptic era, anything goes; as long as you got some sort of a mask/helmet going on:

and this is exclusive to the modern (maybe sci-fi too?) era; skin-tight body suits:

holy shit this is untapped potential why hasn't anyone done more of this:

as you can tell, I'm not a fan of bulky steel plated armour (save for Warhammer, but that's by the virtue of them OVERDOING it for fun). I'm not the fan of the mow-em-down-while-wearing-a-bulldozer's-equivalent-of-a-shirt line of armour. I'm more of a sneaky sneaky stabby stabby/super speed slicing-dicing/long-distance sniping kind of guy. if I can't have that, then I might as well beat them down with nothing but my bare knuckles and naked pectorals.

public service announcement to read Gantz, btw

edit:

i take back what i said these look great holy shit
I think people who read WNs and LNs are mostly fans of speed\sneakiness, don't know why. Can you name your personal favorite out of the ones you mentioned? Or all of them are on the same level for you?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I think people who read WNs and LNs are mostly fans of speed\sneakiness, don't know why. Can you name your personal favorite out of the ones you mentioned? Or all of them are on the same level for you?

this is my favourite.

and no, i haven't read any WNs or LNs. but i do binge movies/manga, and oh boy

No Guns Life, Akira, Dredd (2012), Blade Runner, Ruiner, Total Recall, Alita, Tron, anyfuckingmovie by Neill Blomkamp, Robocop, etc.

summa dat good shit i tell you dat

darkpikacha

I have a bias towards futuristic armor with little bit of magic mix in.

Macrendil-Ysmir

If I were to get transmigrated into a no/very low fantasy medieval world and got my pick out of a medieval arms&armour catalogue, I'd probably go with Lamellar armour over gambeson, including lamellar tassets & shoulder guards. Probably a visored Sallet helmet, splinted vambraces (metal strips over cloth or leather) and solid plate greaves as well.
Why? Better protection than chainmail, better manouvrability & less weight than plate armour, makes me less of an automatic target and is very easily self-repairable.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
... I like the Berserker armor not in terms of functionality, because god and everyone who knows me know that I don't have much potential to be squeezed out by the armor. Though I would add that I want a skull-like helmet like the one in Master Hunter K or something like this.

If I want to use for fighting however, I will prefer war machine x s gundam deep striker, aka becoming a walking ammo depot/ artillery unit.

UnfetteredCloud

I can make a guess that most of the people coming to this post probably thought about female armor pieces first.

For my preferences, I like armors that are made for easier movement but covered the vital part. A bonus if it partly serves as secondary weaponry like a gauntlet.

Or blend in armor that does not look like armor, it could appear to be normal casual clothes but it is enchanted to the extreme, it makes for more trendy fashion and more choice in style.

Poleg

King of the birds and the fish.
I quite like the Space armor from Legend of the galactic heroes. I have no Idea if it would be practical though.