Favourites to Readers ratio.

Sivios

More Favourites than Readers?

Hi, I recently started releasing my novel on here. However, I’ve noticed I have many more favourites that readers compared to other novels. I see people with 100 readers yet 40 favourites. Is it to do with time? If there is anyone who has knowledge about this it would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Here is the novel for reference: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/345308/the-unwanted/

Note: This is not self promotion at all, I just would like the answer.

ElijahRyne

Not that Lazy…
More Favourites than Readers?

Hi, I recently started releasing my novel on here. However, I’ve noticed I have many more favourites that readers compared to other novels. I see people with 100 readers yet 40 favourites. Is it to do with time? If there is anyone who has knowledge about this it would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Here is the novel for reference: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/345308/the-unwanted/

Note: This is not self promotion at all, I just would like the answer.
I have 4 readers and 6 favorites. What is the solution?

Solution, I favorite every chapter after posting …

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
A single reader can favorite multiple chapters. Case closed.
Loo reading this got me curious. I just checked, and yeah usually my stories have like nearly double the number of favorites compared to readers.

But there is one story of mine that has nearly the same number of readers and favorites at like 355 and 359 and I kinda find that interesting.

Reactions: CL

SailusGebel

Loo reading this got me curious. I just checked, and yeah usually my stories have like nearly double the number of favorites compared to readers.

But there is one story of mine that has nearly the same number of readers and favorites at like 855 and 859 and I kinda find that interesting.
Obviously, this particular story of yours is trash, so it doesn't get any favorites.

While a serious answer would be that people probably don't think that favoriting your chapters will help you or motivate you with writing faster.

When people favorite chapters, it's to either support the author or to bookmark the novel. At least it's what I heard of. So, they don't like your chapters as all of them are your loyal readers and blah-blah, so they don't need to bookmark. And they know that you are no longer motivated by a number of favorites, so they stopped doing it.

And lastly, not every reader actually reads your novel. Some of them added your novel to the reading list but never moved from this sweet-sweet chapter one. So perhaps the number of your actual readers is like 300, there are 830 favorites, but you have 900 readers in your statistic. And you probably know all of this, so I don't understand why the hell I am writing this and distract myself from writing my novel.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
For my main story, I have 165 readers yet I have over a thousand favorites. It all depends on whether your readers are willing to favorite a chapter as well as whether or not your readers are favoriting them. For example, I had a reader that would favorite every chapter but stopped being a reader after a year. Thus I had a ton of favorites that didn't match up with the number of readers. I also had people who would favorite the first chapter but never became readers.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Obviously, this particular story of yours is trash, so it doesn't get any favorites.

While a serious answer would be that people probably don't think that favoriting your chapters will help you or motivate you with writing faster.

When people favorite chapters, it's to either support the author or to bookmark the novel. At least it's what I heard of. So, they don't like your chapters as all of them are your loyal readers and blah-blah, so they don't need to bookmark. And they know that you are no longer motivated by a number of favorites, so they stopped doing it.

And lastly, not every reader actually reads your novel. Some of them added your novel to the reading list but never moved from this sweet-sweet chapter one. So perhaps the number of your actual readers is like 300, there are 830 favorites, but you have 900 readers in your statistic. And you probably know all of this, so I don't understand why the hell I am writing this and distract myself from writing my novel.
Probably has to do with the fact it's the second volume of the story and I made a seperate page for it and never really told anyone. Haha.

It's my main series but I neglect it alot, so readers probably dont bother favoriting anymore for that one.

Eh, not that I care. It not something I take notice of normally.

CL

Probably has to do with the fact it's the second volume of the story and I made a seperate page for it and never really told anyone. Haha.

It's my main series but I neglect it alot, so readers probably dont bother favoriting anymore for that one.

Eh, not that I care. It not something I take notice of normally.
Isn't there a function to tie-in a related or follow-up series?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
There is. I actually only learned about that a few weeks ago. But I dont think i saw a sequel option. I should check again cuz I was pretty drunk when I found it.
Oh yeah, there was a sequel option. heh. Mustve been pretty buzzed out not to have seen it

• Haha

Fastus

Don't be so aggressive. When I came here the first time from rrl, it got me confused too. It took me some time to discover that the favorites meant the likes on the chapters.

CL

There is. I actually only learned about that a few weeks ago. But I dont think i saw a sequel option. I should check again cuz I was pretty drunk when I found it.

Oh yeah, there was a sequel option. heh. Mustve been pretty buzzed out not to have seen it
Thank you for confirming that the features exists. Also, yeah, I've been in that thirsty mood there a little too often over the last year (though I've behaved this year :blob_salute:).

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Thank you for confirming that the features exists. Also, yeah, I've been in that thirsty mood there a little too often over the last year (though I've behaved this year :blob_salute:).
Maybe you behaved, but I'm getting coal this Christmas

• Haha

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
1632107301566.png

1632107199887.png

1632107213225.png

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
First of all - talking about Favorites as an absolute value is rather inappropriate. What should be used is the Favorites/chapter. Since more chapters you have - more favourites you can get per reader. And there there is always a ratio of readers who never favourite, as well as those who favourite everything and a group that only favourite certain chapters.

stories with low favourite # can either be ones with a low amount of chapters or they have readers who don't favourite as much (either they never read, wait for you to accumulate chapters or don't find your chapters sufficiently well written)

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
I have a 2-1 ratio on my favorites and readers since I threaten- I mean politely remind them to press the button, dunno if it actually does anything in terms of getting you to trending though.