Writing Prompt Feeling ashamed

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
Setting: The male character was obsessed with the female character for her straightforwardness, no-nonsense attitude, unyielding nature, and strong character ever since they were children. He couldn’t get very far with her, and they remained normal friends into adulthood.

In his despair, an opportunity revealed itself. Her foster father contracted a deadly illness. She and her brother had obtained every ingredient for the cure with one exception. The last ingredient is one of the many valuable treasures in his household. Not letting this chance goes to waste, he proposed a trade. The ingredient for a child born from her with his blood. The stern female warrior furrowed her eyebrows at the proposal but agreed the next day. In the end, she saved her father, and he got to have her until their child is born.

After the childbirth, she remained in his household due to her maternal bond with her newborn as he predicted. Now he got the woman he had always dreamed. They were not married or loved but they were living close together like a family. That means he got more chances in the future. He got what he wanted but his conscience kept him awake at night.

Prompt: Take on his position and provide a solution for his guilt.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
There is nothing wrong, this is how marriages work.
But I suppose this is a writing prompt, so I have to provide a piece for fairness sake:

How could I turn out to be such a weakling? To bind her with petty tricks and care for a child's life rather than myself, oh how far I have fallen.
She'd do anything for the boy, perhaps even pretend to be happy with me. Never will I be able to claim her affection in earnest. Unless...
If I take from her what is most precious and she still returns to my arms then, what could it be but true love?

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
There is nothing wrong, this is how marriages work.
But I suppose this is a writing prompt, so I have to provide a piece for fairness sake:

Maybe if your marriage was badly or default configured...

... Or arranged back in the days when they were mostly thought of as economic unions instead of romantic ones. Which given this seems to be fantasy and fantasy oh so often calls back to the medieval tech era, yeah that makes sense.

Amd here's one for a possible redemption arc: Ya roped this person into your life, you are going to give them the absolute best possible life you could give. Naught wull go unanswered under your aegis. Any wish they have you will move heaven and earth to fulfill. For the rest of your life.

After all if not for family then who else?

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
default configured...
What?

And the way I see it, a flawed setup isn't the only possible cause. People change, and nobody can guarantee people you appreciate now will have much common ground with you years down the line, without that being anyone's definite fault.
At that point, children you might be raising together could very well become the main reason to stay together.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
What?

And the way I see it, a flawed setup isn't the only possible cause. People change, and nobody can guarantee people you appreciate now will have much common ground with you years down the line, without that being anyone's definite fault.
At that point, children you might be raising together could very well become the main reason to stay together.

Okay that's actually fair and a solid insight. I am surprised and find a measure of joy in having misread you ^_^ Thanks for the uplift!

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Bro, she's a woman. As if she has feelings to hurt. I thought this was romance, not science fiction. We all know women are gold digging harpies who live to tear men down and destroy their happiness.he just screwed her first. The fact he feels bad shows that only men are capable of love.

The only reason she's in this situation in the first place is because she was using the man for her own gain. Why feel guilty?

Hate the game, not the player.

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
Well, this comment section provided me with perspectives I never thought about before.