Feeling No Empathy Or Unreturned Feelings

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
A scene in which the one character of the story is unable to feel anything regarding the emotions of someone else.
There is no set genre.

rust

maybe it's because it's not that frequent in stories, but novel updates has something like that...

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
No one wants to bite then? Okay. I'll do my own prompt.
---
I stood there, unable to understand. Unable to process what I had just witnessed. Why...

"Why would you do that?" I asked my friend.

He looked away from splatters left across the carpet and stared at me for a moment. "What's with you? Are you upset about the mess? Sorry about that, I'll clean it up." He stepped away from the red stains, most likely in order to get some cleaning supplies.

I grabbed his arm before he could leave. He didn't understand. How could he? I shouldn't have expected him to react like a normal person. He was just a monster wearing the skin of a person.

"You... It's not the stain..." I eyes focus back on the white carpet and the red contrasting it. "It's... Just..." I almost sobbed.

"How could you waste a jelly donut like that?"

Nidange

A scene in which the one character of the story is unable to feel anything regarding the emotions of someone else.
There is no set genre.

I'm kind of thinking of writing a oneshot with this prompt.
In this time of Covid, I need more than one distraction.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
The petals fell as the boy lowered his head, smiling the widest smile he could ever smile.
Her face, unable to express emotions, remained cold.
"It's okay... I already know the answer." Rain gradually dropped as the water washed away the hope and optimism of the boy.
'I tried, I really tired.' Her soundless voice drifted as she looked at the pitiful boy.
"Sorry for bothering you!" Soaked with his sorrow, the boy dared not look up as he turned around and left the yard, leaving the emotionless, white beauty alone.
'Sorry, but I really feel nothing.' Picking up the fallen rose, the girl felt nothing despite trying to.
All of them, she remembered. All of them, she received. Alas, it was her, and not anyone else.
The cursed lady, plagued with indifference. The pitiful boy, fell for the static.

Author Note: :blob_hide: Hiding! :blob_hide:

Kyrian_Clawraithe

"I've done it! I have finally created life without organic materials! This will show those necromancers they're not the only school that can create minions." The old earth mage boasted to his creation. He just sat there looking fondly at it for a time, until he got frustrated with waiting for a response. "Wake up already, I want to talk with you," the mage demanded.

It opened its eyes and sat up, very slowly but that is be expected with it being made of stone and earth. It slowly turned its head towards the mage, its eyes unblinking. "How do you feel? Do you have a name you want to go by?" The mage asked. But as time passed, he realised that it wasn't going to respond.

"Let me just cast an inspection spell, to see if everything worked right." The mage muttered. "Okay, so it's not as smart as I want but it still can recognize me and understand my commands. It just has a limited conciousness so it won't be very smart in how it follows my commands."

"Then I shall give you a name. From now on you shall be known as Golem. I am your master, obey only my commands."

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Ugendoit carefully mixed moon dust, mars sand, and earth gravel with potion 42. Given how frequent and common interstellar vacations are nowadays, the offplanet ingredredients are relatively cheap. No, they really are cheap. They can even be bought in bulk from space hawkers.

It is the potion that gave him trouble. It took him 41 failures to arrive at the final formula. It was at trial 23 that he realized that it had to be him to chew the bubblegum. His assistant, Blurry D. Nami, chewed for around a dozen trials and the rest by random volunteers, but none of those produced usable results.

"Nami, Nami, finally!"

Nami just stared as usual, not really caring as usual.

Ugendoit coughed to cover his ... uhm, never mind. He continued lecturing about the wonders and benefits of his newly invented gumdanium alloy. She was not just his assistant. She was also his student, his only student.

"... . Along with the surge of new kinds of information, and the database, wow, wow, s80oon we will see the rise of the mecha. Gumdan IT!"

Nami noted but did not give a rock.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
"Dude, what the fuck?"

"It's just a game dude."

"Why would you trade your starter away? What the fuck is wrong with you? Put it on your PC at least--"

"It's taking space. Plus, the evolution's garbage. I don't need it anyway."

"'Him. You don't need 'him'."

"It's just Pok-"

"What the fuck is wrong with you, dude."