Female MC with a disability and/or physiological impairment or Psychic abilities - basically one of something

Shirabe

DIsablilties include:
not able to walk
deaf
blind
mute
sick/bad/poor health - eg Toki from Saki manga

impairments include:
split personality - IRL (in real life) this is due to a horrible childhood - generally abuse
psychopath
sociopath - there is a difference between psychopath and sociopath
- there are more but can't remember any right now...

Psychic abilities:
Precognition or premonition – The ability to perceive future events
telekinesis – The ability to manipulate objects by the mind
Psychometry or psychoscopy – The ability to obtain information about a person or an object by touch
Levitation or transvection – The ability to float or fly by mystical means
teleporting
- any more?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
HE'S AT IT AGAIN

THE MAD MAN'S AT IT AGAIN

Suryae

Dismembered
Y-you didn't meant to say she has all of them, r-right?

Ryudo1701

Well, how about a blind seeress? One could make her depressive because she isn't able to change the future she saw.
Maybe like:
The girl walked down the road, the laughter of children playing reaching her ears. The sun shone down from the sky, bringing a gentle warmth with it.
"Isn't it nice to get out of your room sometimes?" A gentle voice resounded besides her.
"Yes mother."
She felt her hand getting gently carassed. But her voice was colored with sadness. She glanced around, nothing reminding her of the warmth she felt. She wasn't blessed with the ability to see. She wasn't blessed with blindness either. She was cursed, forced to see something she didn't want, visions of the future.
Where green trees should've stood there were burning stumps. The childrens playground was broken and rusted. And when she looked at the hand of her mother, guiding her through the park, only bones remained.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
split personality - IRL (in real life) this is due to a horrible childhood - generally abuse
Now referred to as DID - dissociative identity disorder

RuggyRuggy

Hey, that's my story!

Shirabe, it might be what you're looking for. The MC isn't disabled. And I can't go into details about her childhood, since it's a spoiler and hasn't been revealed yet, but the hints are there that indicate it wasn't a happy one. She does display some sociopathic tendencies. And she does rely on Telekinesis. As the story progresses, it becomes one of her favorite skills to use. She does have precognition, but it works only for fights.

I'd be happy if you would take a look. But be warned that I have plans to divide the longer chapters of Book One into shorter parts. Like, some of them are 14k words long. That also gives me a chance to do another round of editing. I'll start on doing that when Book Two is done, which should be published on the website by middle to late September.

If you do check it out, please tell me your thoughts!

Shirabe

Hey, that's my story!

Shirabe, it might be what you're looking for. The MC isn't disabled. And I can't go into details about her childhood, since it's a spoiler and hasn't been revealed yet, but the hints are there that indicate it wasn't a happy one. She does display some sociopathic tendencies. And she does rely on Telekinesis. As the story progresses, it becomes one of her favorite skills to use. She does have precognition, but it works only for fights.

I'd be happy if you would take a look. But be warned that I have plans to divide the longer chapters of Book One into shorter parts. Like, some of them are 14k words long. That also gives me a chance to do another round of editing. I'll start on doing that when Book Two is done, which should be published on the website by middle to late September.

If you do check it out, please tell me your thoughts!
i am reading it
but i would like to see more of such stories and how they deal with it. NOT that it just is easily resolved in a few chapters, but how they will cope with this problem

Shirabe

like the tv drama (on netflix as well) "its okay to be not okay" and how it is handled?
mainly how the disability is handled - eg possible bullying or alienation

Last edited:

RuggyRuggy

like the drama "its okay to be not okay" and how it is handled?
mainly how the disability is handled - eg possible bullying or alienation

There's not much bullying because she doesn't have any physical disabilities. And she tries to keep her sociopathic and psychopathic tendencies inside in public and when she's with her best friend.

Oh, and it's not something that's resolved in a chapter or two. It actually takes multiple books for it to finally be resolved. And Servi doesn't cope with it that well. She constantly hides it from every one, even her best friend. I can't really say how it's resolved and stuff like that because of spoilers.

Suzumiya

DIsablilties include:
not able to walk
deaf
blind
mute
sick/bad/poor health - eg Toki from Saki manga

impairments include:
psychopath
sociopath - there is a difference between psychopath and sociopath
- there are more but can't remember any right now...

Psychic abilities:
Precognition or premonition – The ability to perceive future events
telekinesis – The ability to manipulate objects by the mind
Psychometry or psychoscopy – The ability to obtain information about a person or an object by touch
Levitation or transvection – The ability to float or fly by mystical means
teleporting
- any more?

Wow, that's ambitious!

I wouldn't feel up to writing something like that. I can only vaguely even comprehend what it would be like to lose sight, sound, and speech--not even to mention the rest!

I was at a concert for the deaf once, and the sounds there vibrate the body. It's pretty neat! But if I suffered deafness, would my ears hurt? What if it was really loud and I couldn't tell it was increasing until it was too late and my ears started bleeding? Would my ears even bleed from loud noises?

There are so many foreign things to consider that I can't even fathom how much thought an undertaking such as yours would need.

Good luck, man! May the gods of creativity delight you!