Female protagonist + girl love mystery

Nakakure

Sometimes i felt weird when i saw this tag combination. What do you felt/think about this combination?
For me , i think the author is male and not gay that why they can write about female fallen in love with male. Or female author who fujuoshi.

Jemini

Well, I can account for at least 2 female protagonist stories in which there is no "girl love." (One of them happening to be my own, the other happening to be the #1 on the rankings chart.)

Then again, the reason "girl love" is not a featured thing in those stories is because love/romance in general is not part of it and there doesn't seem to be a male-female relationship going on either. Or rather, any such potential relationship is so incredibly slow moving as to render its presence and promise in the story moot. Or rather, if there is some promise of it coming to that in the future, it's quite clear that's a deep burried sub-plot rather than what the story is actually about.

(Personally, I think a romance that is slow moving and deep DEEP in the under-current of the C-plot is one that speaks to the reader/viewer more. The relationship between Shinichi and Ran in Detective Conan is one of my favorites in all of fiction, and it only took about 1,000 chapters of the manga for them to finally become an official couple.)

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
so you feel weird because it seems (key distinction here) like almost all novels with female protags on SH are girl's love?

So is it that you have a problem with girl's love or are you just plain weird?. Would you have the same reaction if the tags were Male Protaganist and boys love?
SH is actually somewhat unusual in that the proportion of GL novels on here seems (again, key distinction) relatively higher than, say, RR.

Nakakure

so you feel weird because it seems (key distinction here) like almost all novels with female protags on SH are girl's love?

So is it that you have a problem with girl's love or are you just plain weird?. Would you have the same reaction if the tags were Male Protaganist and boys love?
SH is actually somewhat unusual in that the proportion of GL novels on here seems (again, key distinction) relatively higher than, say, RR.
Wow , it years ago:rolleyes: it seem i didn't visit sh for long time ago.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
For me , i think the author is male and not gay that why they can write about female fallen in love with male. Or female author who fujuoshi
Reread and rephrase that sentence very carefully. And when you finally manage to come up with a comprehensive sentence, come back and try again.

If what I think you wrote is what you've written, I don't think there's an issue with a straight guy writing girls love. If you can manage to present a sensible, believable romance between the same gender as the opposite, no one would question it.

It's like John Green writing The Fault in Our Stars. He didn't need cancer to write a believable romance between cancer patients, did he?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Reread and rephrase that sentence very carefully. And when you finally manage to come up with a comprehensive sentence, come back and try again.

If what I think you wrote is what you've written, I don't think there's an issue with a straight guy writing girls love. If you can manage to present a sensible, believable romance between the same gender as the opposite, no one would question it.

It's like John Green writing The Fault in Our Stars. He didn't need cancer to write a believable romance between cancer patients, did he?
Aye, you don't need to have lived something to write about it! Just like how we don't need to die and reincarnate to write isekai, nor do we need to kill monsters to write action! ^^)/

if i write girls' love in female protagonist story, it's just i don't like to see in perspective of someone loving a male--I just can't relate to it and it's not my cup of tea. that's why i also steer clear of most shoujo stories out there.

that, or just write something with no romance.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Ehh, i'm a guy who writes exclusively GL (when i can be bothered to XD) but i know i couldnt write GL as good as a woman (straight or lesbian) because my basis is just guesses, theories and what i'd like to see thus not exactly to a high standard of believable (at least in my opinion.)

Not saying it cant be done, just that i dont think i've seen a godly GL novel written by a guy (talking mainly EN originals like on here or RR). All of my favs are written by wonderful ladies who have a lot more understanding of the topic than i. :blobrofl:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
All of my favs are written by wonderful ladies who have a lot more understanding of the topic than i.
I only put the basis on GOOD GL, not masterpieces. Of course, only a war veteran can write the most harrowing experiences of war. Or how a man who has very much sex can write very good sex. Or how a woman who has very much lesbo sex can write very good lesbo sex. Trust me, if there's one thing I know, it's sex.

Trust me.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
What if I just want to die

Wish granted~

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Chaika. Supposedly good, but ruined by the token guy character when literally all the other major characters are girls. Also the titular character has MASSIVE eyebrows.

Thor

Chaika. Supposedly good, but ruined by the token guy character when literally all the other major characters are girls. Also the titular character has MASSIVE eyebrows.

Oh. I have seen that one a few years ago but couldnt remember it :rolleyes: