Figgy Pudding Poll

Do you like it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
Anybody have their own favorite recipe?
I'm not making any, I just want to know.
Figgy-Pudding.jpg

Last edited:

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
I always forget pudding is also a type of cake like dessert as well as a jello like liquid. That makes me wonder. What qualifies something as a pudding?

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
I always forget pudding is also a type of cake like dessert as well as a jello like liquid. That makes me wonder. What qualifies something as a pudding?
I think the cake-like pudding is mostly british, and custard-like pudding is everyone else.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
We don't use the word 'dessert' because that comes from the stinky French, whom we abhor. If we could shunt our island further North away from that stinky-cheese horde, we would*.
Of course, the lower classes call it 'dessert' thinking they're sophisticated. They are not, and they are wrong because it's pudding.

Christmas pudding (we don't really call it figgy pudding and it doesn't usually have figs in anymore) is not many people's favourite. I love it though and make my own. A well-made pud will last YEARS. It also makes the ideal apocalypse food because you can eat it cold and sliced with butter on it, or use it to brain your enemies. One of those things lobbed at high speed is deadlier than a cannonball.

Suet, dried fruit soaked in booze, sugar, brandy, flour. Steam for 6-8 hours in muslin, and you can store it forever. I think they tried one from the 40s once and it was still edible.
Pour brandy over it, light it, and serve with brandy butter or custard, or cream, or all three if you're a greedy piglet. After all, it's just once a year....

*I'm not really serious. Not really. Ok a bit.