Film Script?

blue98

Hey, just kinda curious if anyone has ever posted a film/play script on here. The formatting is kinda different, but that's what I'd like to be writing right now (an animated show) and even though I don't have the ability to make the show I think the script on its own could be interesting to read.

Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 29448

I haven’t seen stories on SH with that format, yet (mostly because I haven’t checked out that many series), but if you want to write in script format, go for it!

Like LostLibrarian said above, if people find it interesting, they’ll read it. And I personally wouldn’t mind checking it out. :blob_okay:

JayDirex

I did it for my first story I posted on Royal Road back in the day (because I was a film student at the time and had no idea how to write a novel) but...meh, in the end I RE-WROTE the whole thing in a standard novel format way. Yeah, people read it as a script and had no complaints.. but it looked weird comparatively and made me self-conscious in a, "Everyone else is writing a novel format, why can't you?"

so, my opinion, nah bro. Write it the correct way, and if you need help DM me. @blue98

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
I did it for my first story I posted on Royal Road back in the day (because I was a film student at the time and had no idea how to write a novel) but...meh, in the end I RE-WROTE the whole thing in a standard novel format way. Yeah, people read it as a script and had no complaints.. but it looked weird comparatively and made me self-conscious in a, "Everyone else is writing a novel format, why can't you?"

so, my opinion, nah bro. Write it the correct way, and if you need help DM me. @blue98

:blob_evil_two: Novels are novels. Flim scripts are film scripts. They all have their purpose.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I read a book written like a film script back in school. Sometimes it was confusing and the transition lacked a bit. It leaves place for interpretation to a certain degree, but some scenes might not be presented well without visual support. So, writing in novel format is still better imo.

DubstheDuke

Sometimes I feel like my story is just a film script with the vast amount of dialogue all in a row.
I have this bad habit of having either 100% narration or 100% dialogue all the time when I write.