Final fantasy

Enigma

Normal
There are quite a few (maybe an understatement...) ff games around.

What are some things you like or hate about them?

Do you have a favorite ff game? If so what is it?

I personally like ff vi not because of its story of it having better gameplay (though it does)(extremely biased), but because it's the first ff game I've played and the nostalgia gets to me~

One thing I hate about certain ff games is the grinding and drop rate for good items\weapons\abilities in some of them.... I'm looking at you ffiv...

One thing I love about the ff series as a whole is the different systems i them. Normally I enjoy the ability systems the most, that's something normally interesting to explore and mess around with. Especially when you find abilities that go so good together they break the game~|

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
The final fantasy I like is FFXV I liked looking at the food and grinding, exploring and hunting was fun, the voices were also great!
I didn't like now noctis got a beard or stubble later on, that bugged me. And I was a little confused on the plot. The long car rides was kinda fun at first but got annoying later on

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
haven't played any FF games for ages now, so I kinda forget the character names now

Anon2.0

[Dia]
Favorite is probably final fantasy 7? And also advent children...

Nyanko

The Clawing Chaos, Nyanlathotep
My favorate FF is XII. yes, super underrated, released at the end of the PS2's lifecycle so never played, complex political storyline with no world ending threats that drove away players Final Fantasy Twelve. I'm glad it got a reboot, even if they did an awful job retexturing things.

Erroneous

[Blissful Indolence]
My favorite is definitely FFVI because of the better gameplay, great story, and the best villain of all the Final Fantasy's! (IMO)
The first one I played was actually FFVII and it has a place in my heart due to nostalgia, but it has also been WAY overhyped. (Again IMO)

FF Tactics is a close runner up for favorite too!

HappyVainGlory

VI is definitely up there on my list of favorites, but I'm more fond of X. It was the first game I got for the PS2 and I remember just being blown away by the intro sequence.

It's also because of that I'm probably going to buy it for the 3rd time on my switch, haha.

I personally like the grinding in the games since it gives a sense of slow and tangible growth. Then again, I'm the guy who refuses to leave an area until I can beat every enemy there in one turn, so...

I'm also a fan of VII, though I haven't played it in ages. Recently though I've been watching TFS's machinabridged version to tide me through until the remake.

SpearOfLies

My favorate FF is XII. yes, super underrated, released at the end of the PS2's lifecycle so never played, complex political storyline with no world ending threats that drove away players Final Fantasy Twelve. I'm glad it got a reboot, even if they did an awful job retexturing things.
I never played FF after XIII but XII was a hundred times better than XIII. The awful narrative, the overly cliche character and overly simplistic gameplay of XIII was hurting my soul as a player. I never understand how it good popular to get some big "spin-off". XII does suffer from poor ending part of the story and some characters weren't particularly interesting, but it had an interesting gameplay and you could feel much better the world building around you. I was very sad to know that many people didn't like it.

Shizun

I loved FF 8 and X. The rest are just nope, especially the latest FFs.... are so bad...

D

Deleted member 3803

Dissidia 012 and Type-0 ( the PSP versions)
Nuff said.

Devils.Advocate

An objectionable existence
FF8 - Junctioning Guardian force with magic was a pretty fun mechanic

FF Type-0 - fun to play, tho more action-y but that intro and main theme :blob_aww: :blob_okay: fantastic

FF tactics was pretty good, jobs... oh... the idea of jobs...

FF 15 was a bit weird with its tone though...
"This terrible tragedy has happened!"
"Yes I am sad, but let go camping and do some fishing on the side..."