Flucket's big Cat Theatre thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5560
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5560

I have what mostly amounts to a sketchdump thread on NUF, but since this is a smaller, quieter forum, I'm just going to go NICHE AS FUCK and post ONLY PICTURES of a certain group of OCs of mine from a story/world called Cat Theatre, ahahaha. I'mma be honest I've been drinking so this idea just tickles me pink at my current inebriation.

D

Deleted member 5560

020.png

ars

trash bin
Waaaaaaaa so cute!!!!!! I love them all!!!!! The colors are so beautiful and your style is so good!!! I love the sunset image in the second post~ Also ROFL at "✨ :blob_happy:✨ Plotting your murder in his head right now" :blobrofl:

Lukha

mother of all ships
Bb you're so talented!! They're all so cute and deadly looking; my favorite aesthetic :blob_melt: I love their expressions, especially the dude with the happy smile who's plotting a murder secretly; soups qts :blob_uwu:

AMissingLinguist

Missing member
Really well made. The only thing that bothered me was "couture", which should be "culture". (Sorry for being a grammar nazi. :sweating_profusely:)

D

Deleted member 5560

Really well made. The only thing that bothered me was "couture", which should be "culture". (Sorry for being a grammar nazi. :sweating_profusely:)
"Couture" is the French word for "sewing" and in the fashion industry the term "haute couture" (lit. "high sewing" but more commonly translated to "high fashion") is often shortened down to just "couture". Haute couture, or "high fashion", refers to custom made clothing commonly made of expensive fabrics and time-consuming detailing and tailoring skill work. Haute couture costs exorbitant prices because of the demand on resources and skill level, and represents not only the peak of culture and style within fashion but also the decadence of wealth.

"Selfie Couture" is a pun combining the high fashion concept of "couture" with the common phrase "selfie culture" - which is generally viewed as an expression of low-brow vanity, enacted by duck-facing, superficial teen or young adult women - in order to evoke the image of combining these two disparate concepts (incredibly extravagant and highly cultured fashion that takes months of painstaking work cultivated over a life time of honing skills in sewing, with the instant gratification mass production of vanity) and creating a new idea of a culture of women bringing the idea of high fashion to a modern, technological age.

And puns don't care about grammar, Herr Linguist.

:blob_sir:

lilyWhiteRose

wow!!!! these are really great!!!!!!!!!!! :blob_paint::blob_paint::blob_paint::blob_paint::blob_paint::blob_paint::blob_paint: i really love the mood in your colors!!

AMissingLinguist

Missing member
"Couture" is the French word for "sewing" and in the fashion industry the term "haute couture" (lit. "high sewing" but more commonly translated to "high fashion") is often shortened down to just "couture". Haute couture, or "high fashion", refers to custom made clothing commonly made of expensive fabrics and time-consuming detailing and tailoring skill work. Haute couture costs exorbitant prices because of the demand on resources and skill level, and represents not only the peak of culture and style within fashion but also the decadence of wealth.

"Selfie Couture" is a pun combining the high fashion concept of "couture" with the common phrase "selfie culture" - which is generally viewed as an expression of low-brow vanity, enacted by duck-facing, superficial teen or young adult women - in order to evoke the image of combining these two disparate concepts (incredibly extravagant and highly cultured fashion that takes months of painstaking work cultivated over a life time of honing skills in sewing, with the instant gratification mass production of vanity) and creating a new idea of a culture of women bringing the idea of high fashion to a modern, technological age.

And puns don't care about grammar, Herr Linguist.

:blob_sir:
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't know about haute couture, but now I do. :blob_gift::blob_paint: