Resolved Footnote bug?

Lacy

I was editing a chapter for release and noticed that the contents of a footnote - footnote eleven - were being placed outside the footnote when I read the preview chapter; the footnote still existed, but it was empty, and what was inside it was placed after it. I repeatedly tried to make several minor edits, but nothing was achieved. In the end, I decided to see if making a new footnote eleven would do anything. The contents of the new footnote eleven were placed outside, while the contents of the previous footnote eleven remained within the footnote. Is this a bug?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I was editing a chapter for release and noticed that the contents of a footnote - footnote eleven - were being placed outside the footnote when I read the preview chapter; the footnote still existed, but it was empty, and what was inside it was placed after it. I repeatedly tried to make several minor edits, but nothing was achieved. In the end, I decided to see if making a new footnote eleven would do anything. The contents of the new footnote eleven were placed outside, while the contents of the previous footnote eleven remained within the footnote. Is this a bug?
Can you release the chapter? I don't think Tony can do much for you without seeing the actual error.

Lacy

FlyingPirateCat

Don't color your footnote.
tenz.jpg
ruri.png

Just block your footnote and click Clear Formatting (the eraser button in the editor), then save.
crime and insurance scroll.png eldrich bone wand.png Ice Barrage.png
moon glacier gauntlet.png

Last edited:

Lacy

I tried, but didn't work as expected. Shouldn't be colour, after all it was originally the current footnote eleven, which is not coloured (nor was it italicized).

Tony

Staff member
https://www.scribblehub.com/read/13...-king-error-body-not-included/chapter/169828/ Thank you for the aid, AliceShiki!

To give @Tony current details on the buggy footnote eleven, I have placed the phrase 'Taunt' inside it, but 'cause of the bug it is visible outside the footnote.
I tried, but didn't work as expected. Shouldn't be colour, after all it was originally the current footnote eleven, which is not coloured (nor was it italicized).

This looks like a user error. It looks like you forgot to close two of your "[modern_footnote]" tags. You currently have 17 of the opening "[modern_footnote]" tags while only 15 of the closing "[/modern_footnote]" tags. Please go back and close all of those tags and it should fix the issue.