For non-harem lovers.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
No. But if you ask K5, she is in a polyamorous relationship. So judging based on your own likes\dislikes isn't appropriate. If everyone involved is okay with it, even if I don't like it, it's okay.
But the difference here is the author isn't planning to make it a harem, you are forcing your own wish upon them.
I don't care what happens in real life. Unless I'm reading a work where you can justify a bad\bittersweet ending, I want a good ending with the best girl. If the only possible way for the best girl to achieve her happiness on-screen is to be a part of the harem, I would rather have a shitty harem ending. And as I said before, I don't care what happens off-screen.
Then why not ask that the author write an after story where they find their happiness elsewhere, or alternative story where they end up with the MC. Why do you want to push them into a harem, that is what I don't get. If we are already wishing, there is so much we can wish for, why wish for the worst?

SailusGebel

But the difference here is the author isn't planning to make it a harem, you are forcing your own wish upon them.
I'm not forcing my wishes. As far as I'm aware, I didn't change a single story with my wishes, nor did any authors listen to my wishes. The fact that I would prefer a shitty harem ending is purely wishful thinking that will never be realized. And I don't want to have a forced harem ending.
name a novel(s) that you have read or are currently reading that you can't help but cheer for it to go for the harem route or for the MC to add a few women to his already existing harem.
This is the theme of the thread. From my understanding, 'going a harem route' isn't forcing the ending to be a harem. You should go the harem route only if it's logical. And you can easily adjust the story starting from the middle to make harem a possible and logical ending.
Then why not ask that the author write an after story where they find their happiness elsewhere, or alternative story where they end up with the MC.
Go ahead. Ask authors of OreGairu or Nana and Kaoru to write an alternative ending.
Why do you want to push them into a harem, that is what I don't get. If we are already wishing, there is so much we can wish for, why wish for the worst?
Who said it's the worst? You? And I'm not wishing for a harem. I'm wishing for the best girl to be happy. From my experience of reading a lot of manga, I know that authors are lazy fucks who don't care whether there is chemistry or not between their characters. Authors write an ending for the couple they had in their mind, and they MIGHT mention some girls. You might dislike it, but you can't argue that harems sell well. Harem sells well, so it's the most real thing I can wish for to make the best girl happy. Obviously, I would've preferred it if MC would end up choosing the best girl, but both of us know that it doesn't work that way.

HasegawaKein

As someone whose story is being judged as harem, I find this thread interesting. Precisely I didn't want to write a harem route with the main characters, that's why I chose to write a story where the relationship between them is polyaffective.

I think that when a story goes on a harem route it suspends logic. Unless it is a story that takes place in a universe where harem is allowed. In the universe of the mushoku tensei novels the author knew how to insert it well, even though many didn't like it.