fortnite pulled a "fight against 1984" because apple started pulling their game off the app store

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
plain shit'll make you sick but it wont necessarily kill you. shit with AIDS will kill you one way or another eventually. i'll take the mostly non-deadly shit, thanks :blob_teehee: :blob_teehee: :blob_teehee: :blob_teehee: :blob_teehee: :blob_teehee:
fine, shit laden caked lethal doses on sleeping pills and shit covered acid enough to melt your stomach

AbigailWP

Producer-Rapper-Writer-Cultivator-Fellow Human
Honestly im for epic in this, if they win the lawsuit it will set a precedent that will hopefully allow smaller app devs to earn more from their apps.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
I think it was a pun of Apple's old 1984 commercial. It's actually quite funny cause Apple pretty much became exactly what they hated in their old commercial.
Bingo :blob_sir:

jabathehut

Resident Troll
we've created the stick. and we used the stick. it wasn't long until the stick was used to hurt.

I take what I said back, 2020. You truly are the best fucking year in the history of years. Who would've thought we'd see the fight against corporate tyranny being spearheaded by another corporate giant?

this is literally just a legal battle to attempt to negotiate better terms since apple refused, it isnt a fight against corporate tyranny at all

in fact its ironic u would suggest as much considering tencent is a giant in its own right. it couldnt go blow for blow with apple but its annual net revenue is larger than many countries.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
this is literally just a legal battle to attempt to negotiate better terms since apple refused, it isnt a fight against corporate tyranny at all

in fact its ironic u would suggest as much considering tencent is a giant in its own right. it couldnt go blow for blow with apple but its annual net revenue is larger than many countries.
For a massive talk about irony you certainly missed a big one in what I said

Sarang

You see Tencent's attempt at a knockoff of Cyberpunk 2077...disturbing. I'm not going to say what it looks like but look at the video and I figure you'll say the same thing I did about how the character looks.
Tencent is WORSE then Apple imo given how many fingers they have in various pies, not just gaming but movies. There was worry about Japan getting into too much in the 80's but it was NEVER as deep as Tencent has entrenched themselves. I would feel MUCH more comfortable with Studio Canal co-productions since it's not just one country invested in that I believe.
Far as the Epic battle goes I thought I might have heard Epic doing this with the intent to prep to launch EGS into the Ecosystem of Apple. Ugh. I'm a GOG supporter personally.