Forum Mafia OOC thread

Agentt

Thighs
I will be honest and true to myself. I didn't understand a goddamn thing. I've played mafia, I watched mafia, and I have zero ideas how you play mafia on the forums without actually talking and showing your faces to each other. I don't understand how you CAN'T spectate either. If it's a thread, anyone can jump to it and look at what players write.
Yes?
It is a thread, so you would have to just deal with random people asking what this is, but, for spectators, it is to give them a private place to talk about the game. Like for you as a participant, it would be distracting if a spectator was just going, "pfft that's retarded. I would had done much better."

Also, forum mafia are like one of the most famous ways to conduct mafia games? There are many sites which hold them, even scribblehub has done it before called Scribblehub isn't a dating site

Agentt

Thighs
Yes?
It is a thread, so you would have to just deal with random people asking what this is, but, for spectators, it is to give them a private place to talk about the game. Like for you as a participant, it would be distracting if a spectator was just going, "pfft that's retarded. I would had done much better."

Also, forum mafia are like one of the most famous ways to conduct mafia games? There are many sites which hold them, even scribblehub has done it before called Scribblehub isn't a dating site
And you just talk! This isn't a short game, this will go for days. One strategy is, since it is compulsory for every player to vote, an ice breaker is asking people why they voted for that particular person. Another way is asking people to make a list from most townie to most sus and asking them why is it in that order. Asking people, "Hey, take a look at this post. What do you think about it?"

SailusGebel

Yes?

Yeeeah... The thing is, there are multiple Russian sites that host mafia games with voice and video. It probably sounds weird, but I can show a video example of a tournament game on one of such sites. Also, there are multiple mafia clubs which is the most popular way to host a mafia game in CIS countries. That's why I have no idea how forum mafia is played.

Agentt

Thighs
And you just talk! This isn't a short game, this will go for days. One strategy is, since it is compulsory for every player to vote, an ice breaker is asking people why they voted for that particular person. Another way is asking people to make a list from most townie to most sus and asking them why is it in that order. Asking people, "Hey, take a look at this post. What do you think about it?"
Also, since after the execution you get to know that the person alignment, you can use it to your favour. It was a townie who got killed? Anyone who was too passionate to kill him is sus. It is a wolf? Then perhaps his partner sacrificed him to appear more townie

Agentt

Thighs
Yeeeah... The thing is, there are multiple Russian sites that host mafia games with voice and video. It probably sounds weird, but I can show a video example of a tournament game on one of such sites. Also, there are multiple mafia clubs which is the most popular way to host a mafia game in CIS countries. That's why I have no idea how forum mafia is played.
Mmm, I see I see. I suppose enjoy?

Agentt

Thighs
I mean, other than me and one more participant who will come from another site, i don't expect anyone to have any experience. Otherwise i could add more neutrals, or even give mafia some power roles! I could hold a semi or a full bastard game!

Hasty

Participants list
Amok
PeacefulMyst
greyblob
IdiotInPajamas
Hasty

Substitute list
-

Spectator list

TrashyHuman

SHF has a bookmark function? Useful

Agentt

Thighs
What? Enjoy? :blob_pat_sad: With every new reply you post, I get more and more confused. I don't understand the most basic things, and you are not explaining them to me.
Umm, can i show you an example then?