Writing Free names discussion and tips!

ChaosGodOfJashin

The Chaos God of The Towers
Yohohoho! So as I am here to help anybody that need some kind of help for names of certain characters, places, powers, or even stories! What you need to do is to just described what you need me to name.
So yeah putting it here just in case someone needs! The more help the better am I 'rite? Also everybody could help each other!

aimless

Wanderer of Forums
Yohohoho! So as I am here to help anybody that need some kind of help for names of certain characters, places, powers, or even stories! What you need to do is to just described what you need me to name.
So yeah putting it here just in case someone needs! The more help the better am I 'rite? Also everybody could help each other!
WOOO, my threads in author general of the premise of my novel or should I just copy paste here

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Considering me and names are basically like a husband and a wife arguing on a divorce, I might need help with naming since I'm kinda planning on writing a novel based on an idea since I've kinda been too long since I stopped writing and coming back to old works haven't been warming up to me as of yet. Still stuck on some creative idea page.

Two of them being the names of the character and the title of the novel since I'm pretty troubled with how I plan on naming them.

The character is kinda like a background character, as in, he is more like a cameraman or bystander and isn't even a mob in a story(as in, he literally doesn't exist apart from being in like a 3rd person view of the story). He mostly talks in like he is some sort of a narrator of sort and avoids being caught by the characters in the story. He doesn't have any appearance(no facial looks or anything like that), his personality is blank and his only motive is just to observe people and thats it.

The problem I have is that I don't have a name for this character(because he literally has no name) and I only want to give a name to him(kinda like a Mob called Classmate A or just that).

The next name would be a title of this novel since I want to write this one down but I don't have a name for this novel for this.

The synopsis is just simple:

[Blank] is just a observer whose only sole existence is to (record) the characters in the game for the viewers(readers) to follow along with the Plot and give insight to the game(story). In one of the scenarios he was suppose to record, a glitch in the program appeared which cause one of the characters to spot him at the scene where no one was suppose to look at him and everything derailed from the plot from then on.

Kinda like that so I can give you an insight to the novel Idea I have right now.

D

Deleted member 57675

Me glad to help you with usernames :sneaky:

ModernGold7ne

That fly you can't swat.
Considering me and names are basically like a husband and a wife arguing on a divorce, I might need help with naming since I'm kinda planning on writing a novel based on an idea since I've kinda been too long since I stopped writing and coming back to old works haven't been warming up to me as of yet. Still stuck on some creative idea page.

Two of them being the names of the character and the title of the novel since I'm pretty troubled with how I plan on naming them.

The character is kinda like a background character, as in, he is more like a cameraman or bystander and isn't even a mob in a story(as in, he literally doesn't exist apart from being in like a 3rd person view of the story). He mostly talks in like he is some sort of a narrator of sort and avoids being caught by the characters in the story. He doesn't have any appearance(no facial looks or anything like that), his personality is blank and his only motive is just to observe people and thats it.

The problem I have is that I don't have a name for this character(because he literally has no name) and I only want to give a name to him(kinda like a Mob called Classmate A or just that).

The next name would be a title of this novel since I want to write this one down but I don't have a name for this novel for this.

The synopsis is just simple:

[Blank] is just a observer whose only sole existence is to (record) the characters in the game for the viewers(readers) to follow along with the Plot and give insight to the game(story). In one of the scenarios he was suppose to record, a glitch in the program appeared which cause one of the characters to spot him at the scene where no one was suppose to look at him and everything derailed from the plot from then on.

Kinda like that so I can give you an insight to the novel Idea I have right now.
The observer.

Sometimes simple is a good option.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
Character name please.

Theme is he was a mmo villain with a comically evil tag. Kept appearing as a recurring boss. Mad scientist vibe with criminal underworld undertones. Power detrimental to himself which went hand in hand with his inferiorty complex. Turned into typical, 'inject stuff and turn into roided monster' raid boss by the end.

Is half-elf half-human. Human half from mother's side of family has snake features like sharp eyes and pointed nose and chin. Slight discoloration that looks like scales but isn't. Elf part means the pointed ears bleach white skin and green eyes(father was more druid than anything) with visible energy in them. Product of political marriage.

Tall lanky body with a focus on muscle development at present. Was a skinny sickly looking kid originally in the game. Temperament of a psychopath with anger issues that does his best to keep it in check. High and mighty aura of nobility. Soft side only when things are going his way. Has an inferiority complex.

Only exists do to the sheer amount of magic making it possible for human and elf blood to mix. Inter-species can't reproduce otherwise in the setting.

I've just been calling him Snekisaurus Rex.

aimless

Wanderer of Forums
Character name please.

Theme is he was a mmo villain with a comically evil tag. Kept appearing as a recurring boss. Mad scientist vibe with criminal underworld undertones. Power detrimental to himself which went hand in hand with his inferiorty complex. Turned into typical, 'inject stuff and turn into roided monster' raid boss by the end.

Is half-elf half-human. Human half from mother's side of family has snake features like sharp eyes and pointed nose and chin. Slight discoloration that looks like scales but isn't. Elf part means the pointed ears bleach white skin and green eyes(father was more druid than anything) with visible energy in them. Product of political marriage.

Tall lanky body with a focus on muscle development at present. Was a skinny sickly looking kid originally in the game. Temperament of a psychopath with anger issues that does his best to keep it in check. High and mighty aura of nobility. Soft side only when things are going his way. Has an inferiority complex.

Only exists do to the sheer amount of magic making it possible for human and elf blood to mix. Inter-species can't reproduce otherwise in the setting.

He just gives off ‘Roman name’ vibes because of what you said, I don’t know why lol

D

Deleted member 57675

Tbh maybe someday I will consult name making here thu maybe not as well. I prefer looking deeper into characters I care about shaping up more. Currently I look up meaning of name, and internet forums how names are perceived. I mean, you could found a really great name and great meaning, but then find out some company uses that name for their product say hemmorhoid cream or birth control amd now everyone associates that name with those products.

ChaosGodOfJashin

Tbh maybe someday I will consult name making here thu maybe not as well. I prefer looking deeper into characters I care about shaping up more. Currently I look up meaning of name, and internet forums how names are perceived. I mean, you could found a really great name and great meaning, but then find out some company uses that name for their product say hemmorhoid cream or birth control amd now everyone associates that name with those products.
Yeah! Name even tho it's just a side character need to have good ones. That's why I kinda made this forum!

ChaosGodOfJashin

The observer.

Sometimes simple is a good option.
Yes I agree with this.

The character name based on what you write should be actually called [Blank] it's actually a good name for your character as it has a blank personality and everything. But if you insist on giving it a name like Vanitas may be great? Or if you like eastern name Kukyo could be great or even something simple and generic such as Zero is also good. But I recommend just calling him [Blank] as it's the most perfect describing of it.
He just gives off ‘Roman name’ vibes because of what you said, I don’t know why lol
Yeah for some reason..
Character name please.

Some reason I might call him 'Adalgrim' or just 'Grim'. The 'Grim' name meaning itself is self explanatory. But the Adalgrim name meant a noble mask which fits the character. Hope it helps
Did my wish come true? A NAMING FORUM!!!
I love giving names

Last edited:

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Character name please.

Hubalgaram

Or in Ai-chan's character generator speak, 'Ubarugaran'. Take it or leave it. Ai-chan runs away now.

pelpelen

I'm lucky there's alerady a thread for this. I'm hoping you still care about this.
A japanese honor student who's also the leader of the kendo club.
She'll later become the disciple of the mc and form a dad-daughter like relationship.

ChaosGodOfJashin

I'm lucky there's alerady a thread for this. I'm hoping you still care about this.
A japanese honor student who's also the leader of the kendo club.
She'll later become the disciple of the mc and form a dad-daughter like relationship.
I have a few suggestions but I have school

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I need slang names for tiers of powers when it comes to superheroes.
YOU CANNOT USE F,E,D,C,B,A,S,SS,SSS
YOU CANNOT USE PLAYING CARDS.