Frequently Asked Questions

LilTV1155

Author General is for talking about anything you want to, but with other Authors... This does have a heavy overlap with Discussions and Writing Tips.
I am a little confused about this one the most.

So when I want to ask for other people what to call this "name"?
Or when I want to ask what other people think of this sentence/paragraph?
Is that considered Author's General because I thought it might be a Discussion & Writing Tips?​

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Is that considered Author's General because I thought it might be a Discussion & Writing Tips?
I think it can easily fit into either subforum tbh. There is a heavy overlap between them both... >.>

Agentt

Thighs
I am a little confused about this one the most.

Is that considered Author's General because I thought it might be a Discussion & Writing Tips?​
What i consider author's general is random stuff I want to talk to authors with. Like stuff like,
"Which one of your characters is hottest?"
Or,
"What characters you regret making"

I would suggest keeping serious stuff in discussion subforum so that newbies can easily find it

awgcoleman

I can't make a new thread in the forum, only reply to existing ones. is that normal? Is there some period of time I need to wait?

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I can't make a new thread in the forum, only reply to existing ones. is that normal? Is there some period of time I need to wait?
Yes, that's to prevent spam from bots. You need to post 5 messages to be able to post links. Idk how the requirements for threads is, but it should be similar if not the same.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
you need a certain amount of messages to post threads. you need another amount of messages to post messages/threads with links, like this

AliceShiki

You should be able to make a thread by now. You usually just need to wait 30min from your first post in the forums.

If that doesn't work, try waiting 24h, this should be enough.

awgcoleman

Yes, that's to prevent spam from bots. You need to post 5 messages to be able to post links. Idk how the requirements for threads is, but it should be similar if not the same.
Thanks everyone,

Is there a thread with these rules? I didn't see one other than this thread and the rules one and it wasn't mentioned in either.

AliceShiki

Thanks everyone,

Is there a thread with these rules? I didn't see one other than this thread and the rules one and it wasn't mentioned in either.
Ah, no, there isn't any, I'm afraid.

I just know those things because I've been around since forever... >.>

x23

You have insufficient privileges to post threads here.
You should be able to make a thread by now. You usually just need to wait 30min from your first post in the forums.

If that doesn't work, try waiting 24h, this should be enough.
This is really the sort of thing that should be in the forum rules or the FAQ. <-- my first post

AliceShiki

This is really the sort of thing that should be in the forum rules or the FAQ. <-- my first post
I don't disagree, but it's up to the mods to update the FAQ~

You can try poking them to see if they feel like doing it~

LilTV1155

How to make a separate post without merging the newer post with the previous post in Creative Category - thread?

AliceShiki

How to make a separate post without merging the newer post with the previous post in Creative Category - thread?
Wait 2h and it shouldn't be automerged.

Alternatively, if you really really really needs to make separate posts on a thread (And I don't really know why you would need that outside of Community Games (The automerge is disabled on Community Games)), you can make your first post, then use a second account to make a second post, then the first account to make a third post, then delete the post of the second account.

LilTV1155

you can make your first post, then use a second account to make a second post, then the first account to make a third post, then delete the post of the second account.
Lots of work. That would mean more email accounts, I see here.
Have there been a case where the picture is too big to fit that it became a separate post on its own?
And the next texts written on new post instead?

Last edited:
OK someone help me out. I changed my table of contents order like a few days ago, I think last week. I've released about three chapters since and my story still haven't shown up on the main page. Are you telling me that this anti-cheat thing is permanent? By the way, I wasn't trying to cheat, I just think that the table of contents look better with the older chapters first.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
OK someone help me out. I changed my table of contents order like a few days ago, I think last week. I've released about three chapters since and my story still haven't shown up on the main page. Are you telling me that this anti-cheat thing is permanent? By the way, I wasn't trying to cheat, I just think that the table of contents look better with the older chapters first.
open a thread in bug reports