Frequently Asked Questions

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Wouldn’t it be helpful to have this thread linked in a short notice that will pop up as soon as you publish a new story? :blob_hmm:

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
Wouldn’t it be helpful to have this thread linked in a short notice that will pop up as soon as you publish a new story? :blob_hmm:
Actually that would be helpful or something. Maybe on the main SH page it’s pinned there.

CutieBinkie

A thread on the FAQ that most general users will have for the website.

A) Stories are manually approved, thus you should wait around 12 hours for it to appear on the website.
A1) If you had changed the order of your table of content then the anti-cheat system kicked in to prevent people from trying to move their old chapters to the main page.
A2) If you had released a chapter before that had the same title/chapter content before and deleted it just to upload it again then the anti-cheat system kicked in to prevent people from trying to move their chapter back to the main page.
A) Take a look at our Content Guideline: https://www.scribblehub.com/content-guidelines/
A) There's no specific good time to release your story, ideally, you want to randomise your schedule so you can get different users from different timezone.
A) Trending makes use of different metrics of stats that are hidden in order to prevent people "gaming" the system. Thus, you shouldn't worry about trending and just focus on improving your writing!
A) ScribbleHub does not have an exclusivity rule (unless you participate in contests which state otherwise) hence you are free to post your stories to other websites and vice versa.
A) We do! If you scroll to the bottom of SH main page, you'll find the discord icon next to our twitter account. Click on it and you are good to go.
A) You can report the series and it will be manually checked. However, the website has its own security methods against bots and etc so you shouldn't worry too much.

The FAQ list is subject to changes!
Please how do I add contest tag to my novel?

Eleven_M.A.

I have a question about the anti-cheat-kun: How long does it stay in effect? I merged two of my chapters two days ago, deleting one of them. If I update tonight, will it be okay? Or should I ask Tony to remove me manually?

tiaf

I have a question about the anti-cheat-kun: How long does it stay in effect? I merged two of my chapters two days ago, deleting one of them. If I update tonight, will it be okay? Or should I ask Tony to remove me manually?
I think it was just a couple of hours at most 24h. Should be no problem to post now.

Nymus

Q: Who is Tony-chan and what is her Lizard Empire?
A: Tony-chan is the evil overlord of Scribbly that wishes to dominate the world! Join the rebellion today to stop her! :blob_paint::blob_paint::blob_paint:
sry, alice. i´m with the dark side. one to rule them all, one to bind them all, to push them into the despairs of the abyss, to dominate them all!
... doesn´t necessarily have to be tony-chan

PieCoNsUmEr

The Fisher Dragun
@Tony
(I’m asking here because it’s likely a common question.)
I just read the forum rules and realized some of my threads break rule 1 of Making a thread:
Title of the thread should be representing the content of thread. Blank title ".....", misleading, or ambiguous title is not recommended. Similarly, the thread must at least contain an idea to discuss. Thread that is made for SPAM posting will be locked.
Example below.
https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/it’s-here.5771/
Are you allowed to post joke threads in the General category, or is that a violation of the rule?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
@Tony
(I’m asking here because it’s likely a common question.)
I just read the forum rules and realized some of my threads break rule 1 of Making a thread:

Example below.
https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/it’s-here.5771/
Are you allowed to post joke threads in the General category, or is that a violation of the rule?
A joke thread should be fine for the most part... But just posting a picture and nothing else is probably stretching it a bit.

PieCoNsUmEr

The Fisher Dragun
A joke thread should be fine for the most part... But just posting a picture and nothing else is probably stretching it a bit.
What I mean by joke thread in this case, is something I see/a train off thought which I think is funny so I share it. (ps. Thanks for letting me know that a thread like this breaks the rules.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
What I mean by joke thread in this case, is something I see/a train off thought which I think is funny so I share it. (ps. Thanks for letting me know that a thread like this breaks the rules.
I'm not sure if it's even breaking the rules tbh, maybe it's just a borderline thingy~

As a rule of thumb though, as long as you aren't actively bothering people nor spamming, most threads should be fine in General.

LilTV1155

Just trying to understand Scribblehub's Editing format for Chapter.

What does Announcement Tags do vs. Author's Note vs. Footnote vs. Spoiler?

tiaf

Just trying to understand Scribblehub's Editing format for Chapter.

What does Announcement Tags do vs. Author's Note vs. Footnote vs. Spoiler?
1. Box will have Announcement as title, different color than author note
2. Box with your pfp and name will appear
3. Blue footnote numbers will appear and you can click to on them to make the footnote extend
hide whatever you want to hide yet want others to see. Often used for images.