Fun little thing to learn about writers/artists! (Enter yourself or someone you enjoy)

Mercyque

Hello my name is Mercy, I'm well known to be a little dense on finding new or upcoming members of communities aside from magic the gathering. As such I'd like to change that.

Here's my challenge, enter up to three other users on the site and/or yourself. So I can do my research and chat with ya'll who use the forums.

Sincerely,

Mercyque

Draculus-del-Viafat

Maple-Leaf
Nahrenne
HansTrondheim
(those are real cool guys)
---
Not gonna miss a chance of advertising my work, Masquerade of Souls - a light fantasy adventure filled with magic of crime and love. Set in my own fictional world. I'll be extremely greateful if you check it out, and infinitely grateful if you leave a comment or a feedback) The novel is in progress, only has got 12 chapters so far. Banner is below; a hundred thanks in advance)

Mercyque

The later two of the users have really cool/unique names. I hope to check out your stories when I'm not hopped up on caffeine. As it gets myself rambunctious.

Edit: I had a rather silly thought to drink G-Fuel in the afternoon.

MasterHiatus

I am back
thepundit
Darken162 (I think he not use forum cuz he busy but weeeeell, I'm not famous so)
MasterHiatus (First Hiatus Sovereign)

Wellllllll, I am kinda shy.... Ahem ahem, anyway.
Teacher System: it's a book inspired by World of Women. Currently re writing it. It's about a dude that got reincarnated in his sleep. He will never know what happened to him. He got a system, a good little system. He needs to teach..... That's all.... And also survive the SSS+ tier world (damn it Hiatus, you just can't release giving the future plans out, didn't ya)

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Aight, @LacKey, @sushirollw and I guess myself?

As for the stories:
I own a Brothel in Another World - Controversial title, I know, but it's not exactly explicit scenes every other chapter, this is a slow and steady "hero summoning" story with a twist, focusing on slice of life and heavy worldbuilding where we follow Alastair as he finds himself in a fantasy world in a quite the interesting situation. As the story develops, the MC will actually run a brothel, but there's much more to it than the name suggests and that would actually be a huge spoiler to reveal. Anyway, in short, lore heavy slice of life story with lots of fantasy races, with occasional explicit scenes when they fit the moment, I dislike hiding stuff when it feels right to happen.

Rise of the Weakest Summoner - my second and currently more of a side novel with occasional updates (1-2 a week), adventure fantasy with MC dedicated to summoning magic but even though he knows a lot about it, his aptitude was always kinda trash. Something happens and that might actually change. The story is meant to follow him and his companions around the world as he learns more about his beloved summoning and magical beasts and discovers what has changed in him.

D

Deleted member 29316

I didn't know I was already mentioned, but here's my three members:

@Assurbanipal_II
@BenJepheneT
@NotYourTypicalMAN

(And a lot more I'd like to add, but it's limited to three. These are some of the coolest people here, in my opinion.)

As for me, I'm a writer-artist. For my artworks, I use the traditional medium: pencil, eraser, vellum board, etc. But I do the colors using a graphic pen tablet, and my color-style is 'painter-ly'. (I only learned about it recently, thanks to @Ral). I also create my own illustrations and covers for my works, to make it feel like a 'Light Novel'.

As for my stories...well, my main project is titled: The Human Saint is Bored, so I was Summoned to Another World. It's actually an experiment of mine where I combined everything that I learned while being a literature teacher. It's an isekai-harem-romance-comedy-psychological story, so it's pace is slow, but there are bits of action here and there (especially at the end volumes).

My other story is: DECK, which is a story that came from my development hell. It's the first novel I've written, though the second one that I uploaded. It's about a Mage searching for her memories, in a world divided by magic.

I got another story yet, The Ballad of the School Hallways, but I was unable to update it recently.

So yeah, with that said...
Maids.jpg

Mercyque

That's some epic art. Would you mind if I keep a connection with you to get artwork done? I think it'd help to have an artist on the same site willing to help with my funding projects, by offering services for payment.

Thanks, and sorry I'm being formal and gushing at the same time. It's a habit when I see beautiful effort in drawing.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Alrighty~! Well, I'm Moonpearl, an author and the creator/runner of the Yuri Garden.

----------------------------------------​

The Yuri Garden is a thread/fanclub on SHF's sister site, Novel Updates Forums. It's for all sapphic media (but especially translated Asian novels) and has been running for 3+ years now. Although the Garden isn't located here on SHF, we do run writing events like our annual competition and our recent collaborative anthologies, which SH authors are welcome to participate in.

We have a Scribble Hub account for hosting competition entries and anthologies (starting from this year), found here: https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/25779/theyurigardenallotment/
We also have the Yuri Writing Help Room here on SHF, for writers who would like advice on writing yuri, no matter their level of experience or the nature of their questions. That can be found here: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/the-yuri-writing-help-room-18.754/

And we have a currently running collaborative anthology here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/blog...ri-garden-collaborative-anthology-event.3927/

----------------------------------------​

As for me personally... I'm an author who's been writing and participating in writing communities for practically my whole life. I mostly write yuri/Girls' Love right now, but I tend to write queer fiction in general.
I also favour fantasy - particularly when it's tinged with psychological/Eldritch aspects.

I'm a graduate of English Language and Literature (a funny degree that was 50% studying literature and 50% studying English-focused linguistics), and used to use webnovels as my palate cleanser after reading thick classics for university.

The works I have available on my own account right now are just those that I've written for the last Yuri Garden anthology, but I'm hoping to expand after this anthology.
They are bundled in a collection of three short stories and are, in order:
  • a gender bender story with a sweet/solemn romance and an exploration of grief, personal agency, and loving a second time
  • a light-hearted story about a girl and a mermaid play-dating to learn about their sexualities
  • a hero-summoning isekai about an abusive goddess and a hero who wants to stand up to her
They can be found here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/148315/muirgen-amp-other-tales/

For users to tag...
@Taxouck
@Yairy
@Queenfisher

D

Deleted member 29316

That's some epic art. Would you mind if I keep a connection with you to get artwork done? I think it'd help to have an artist on the same site willing to help with my funding projects, by offering services for payment.

Thanks, and sorry I'm being formal and gushing at the same time. It's a habit when I see beautiful effort in drawing.
Are you referring to me? Well, if you do, I'm okay with it. Just tell me how I could help you with anything. :s_wink:

Mercyque

Thanks, I was hoping you'd be willing to help from time to time at your leisure. I'm glad you're interested.

This means my artist portfolio is increasing. The hype is real.

Mercyque

Btw, I'd rather ask here since I don't know how to private message yet. How would I add a signature to mention my threads on my comments?

Edit: Nvm, private messages are similar to mtgcs.

D

Deleted member 29316

Btw, I'd rather ask here since I don't know how to private message yet. How would I add a signature to mention my threads on my comments?

Edit: Nvm, private messages are similar to mtgcs.
If you're trying to add a signature, just click on your name (top-right corner) > signature.

If you're trying to mention your threads, first copy the URL of your thread > highlight the part of your comment where you want to link it > click 'Insert Link' at the message tool-bar (the one located at the top of the message box > then insert and save.

You could also reply to our conversation in the forum thread, so that we're notified by your replies. To do that, just click on 'Reply' at the bottom-right corner of the thread reply.

For private messages, simply click on the envelope icon on the top-right corner > click 'Start Conversation' > On the recipients' box, type the name of the person you'd like to talk to > type your message on the message box > then click 'Start Conversation' at the bottom.

Edit: Kek. You already found it. >.<

Mercyque

Thank you a ton, I've been trying to manage as websites update their User Interface, but sometimes it gets stressful. My main one I need to learn is DeviantArt for my random Lamia and Vampire fiction that I used to read there.

D

Deleted member 29316

Thank you a ton, I've been trying to manage as websites update their User Interface, but sometimes it gets stressful. My main one I need to learn is DeviantArt for my random Lamia and Vampire fiction that I used to read there.
Ah yeah...the ever-changing interface could really get confusing >.< Well, if you got any more questions, feel free to ask! :blobthumbsup:

Mercyque

I probably should introduce myself briefly here after this many comments.

I'm a fellow trans person who loves anime and stories. Feel free to call myself Mercy as that's my official name. Plus it's easier to type.

I'm gonna recommend three writers myself have a passion for that myself read stories from a while back.

Ovid Lemma (Writes expansive stories and offers great writing tips. Made my Ravencrest Manor story as well.)
PurpleCatGirl (Made the legendary series that got myself here in the first place, Witches of Welland.)
Chirichirichiri (I've read some stories from them and wanna support them by commissioning a story.)

Keep on the lookout for a story next year from Ovid Lemma when we agree on a time.

As well as a story from Chiri, about a witch's curio shop. This one's starting sooner though. Approximately in mid to late December.