Funniest story you've read?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
What's the funniest story that you've read? What about it makes it so funny?

Include both on and off SH if you want.

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
I have so many!

However, one that I always go to for feel good laughs is My Family and Other Animals.

It's an autobiographical novel of the unusually eclectic upbringing of Gerard Durell, who is in himself an interesting person as an adventurer/nature loving/philanthropist. When you read the book, you can see how he turned out the way he did. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This book has inspired me to write my own autobiographical stories of my upbringing. I call them my gossipy memoirs because well, some of my stories are my experiences, but what isn't is just gossip I've heard over the years. Good gossip though!

Anyhow, I recommend this book to anyone that needs a pick me up, loves animals and still has a sense of childhood adventure.:giggle:

Miserys_End

[Lv1 Pretend Person] Im the person I pretend to be
Bored of the Rings, as I'm sure you've rightly guessed , it's a parody of lord of the rings. It was only a short story but packed in a lot of comedy. Honestly think the intro was the funniest part.

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
hmm
NU
Evil God Average
Legend of Sun Knight
Running Away from the Hero

Originial
There's No Epic Loot Here, Only Puns

Shizun

The funniest story huh.... :unsure:

There was that one story that was written in wattpad. It was about werewolves romance. I went through the story and it was just lol... A lot of drama in each chapter, as in, in one chapter FL gets into an accident, then kidnapped, and then rescued, then hospital, then smut, and then again kidnapped and repeat XD. I mean sure, the author mentioned she was pregnant, but all her stories were like that... and also FL and ML were doing it in almost every chapter... It was just impossible to imagine to live in that kinda world where always drama is around the corner.

mrsimple

Writer
Terry Pratchett came out with some really wicked stories. I love Death. XD
Best scene I read of a Discworld novel and Death was in... I think it was the Wyrd Sisters. He's come to take somebody's life, during a play's performance, and there is an actor who was going to portray Death. But the genuine Death appears, somebody who isn't stunned or stumped by anything because nobody is supposed to see him unless they expect his coming... but the whole audience expected Death to appear. So, Death experiences stage fright for the first time in his unlife and desperately whispered for his lines. The real Death played his role in the play. XD

On SH? I haven't read enough to label a best funny story yet.

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
Terry Pratchett came out with some really wicked stories. I love Death. XD
Best scene I read of a Discworld novel and Death was in... I think it was the Wyrd Sisters. He's come to take somebody's life, during a play's performance, and there is an actor who was going to portray Death. But the genuine Death appears, somebody who isn't stunned or stumped by anything because nobody is supposed to see him unless they expect his coming... but the whole audience expected Death to appear. So, Death experiences stage fright for the first time in his unlife and desperately whispered for his lines. The real Death played his role in the play. XD

On SH? I haven't read enough to label a best funny story yet.
Yeah, Death is probably my favorite character in Discworld. Though I've always loved Reaper Man the most. It's one of my favorite novels and I love that quote at the end:

"LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?"

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Running away from the hero
Ordinary I, extraordinary them
To be a power in the shadows
Konosuba and sevens

Zethuron

There are just so many, through i would say the best is the entire discworld series, Pratchett is just a master at comedy!
But there are others that deserve to be mentioned.

Translated Novels.
The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich
Evil God Average

Original Novels. (All those are on royalroad)
Necrotourists
The Godking's Legacy
The Blue Mage Raised by Dragons
There is no Epic Loot here, Only Puns

Hopetoread

They all blend together after a while , so to pick one is hard