Gacha

whitesculptor

The princess whispers & the keyboard clacks.
Good evening to y'all!
I've been checking out some games(mainly phone), mangas related to 'gacha.'
And, I've taken a slight interest to the theme.
Thus, I dare you all if you can, to give me an original twist using gacha as a main/sub genre.
If you'd like, add your opinion on the said theme, good things you like and dislike.
Thank you all! ☆

Tsuru

There was once a gacha WN + yuri on royalroad. A quite favorite of mine, especially as it was high quality, AND not lot of yuri novels at that time.
Sadly, just like any "high potential idea novel", the author stopped writing it. Quite early on too.

In a era with gacha not so mainstream, i guess the author chose to focus the other novels. And also because having a more popular one with yuri+fantasy.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Have the MC be a gambling addict that slowly loses his entire savings and social life to the gacha system. The MC is then approached by a loanshark that offers him a way out... And a promised irl gacha waifu or husbando. Twist it in some way to make it so that he succeeds but due to the high loanshark interest rate they spend a while doing everything he can to keep up with their ever growing debt so that they can keep feeding themselves and their waifu or husbando. The constantly growing debt and anxiety eats away at them until they lose it, giving them a choice between continuing the same path and finding a alternative way out of debt.

Tsuru

PS : Check out the mangas
First one is adaptation from old novel, easily seen with it's quality. Kinda too bland to be honest. Monthly releases = reason why despite the manga starting long ago, the chapters barely scratch the plot of the WN.
2nd is recent manga. Fast food plot. Revenge plot. Very gruesome and dark, well not really compared to the highest-dark plots out there.

In short, read and learn from them. "Who learn from me survive, who copy me will die" idiom.
Dodge the flaws of this 2. One being too boring. The other being too op from get-go like onepunch but without the charm of OPM.

Sayu

Eugh eig
There is a hero, everyday he fights monsters with the power gacha, drawing and pulling out 3 weapons a day, the catch is, whatever the weapon is, it replaces his left arm. These weapons aren't really weapons either, they're items found in a mall, and he has to pay it with money every time.

In a serious battle between the evil 'Sharkatron' and the hero, Sharkatron pulls out his trusty Sharkatron spear and hero combats him with a giant red toothbrush as a left arm.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Good evening to y'all!
Thus, I dare you all if you can, to give me an original twist using gacha as a main/sub genre.
If you'd like, add your opinion on the said theme, good things you like and dislike.
Thank you all! ☆
I don’t really know much about it, and I don’t know if my twist fits, nevertheless here it is:
A drama about a man works at a low paying job that is slowly killing him. Every paycheck he buys a lottery ticket. He knows that he is unlikely to win more than $100, but it was the only hope he had of improving his life. Every time he wins something, no matter how small, he goes to the bar to drink. One day at the bar he met a guy who he hit it off with. They begin dating. Long story short, the lottery ticket becomes a superstition of the mc, he feels life will be good when he wins and bad when he doesn’t. His partner sees that and gradually breaks the habit.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
There was once a gacha WN + yuri on royalroad. A quite favorite of mine, especially as it was high quality, AND not lot of yuri novels at that time.
Sadly, just like any "high potential idea novel", the author stopped writing it. Quite early on too.

In a era with gacha not so mainstream, i guess the author chose to focus the other novels. And also because having a more popular one with yuri+fantasy.

Have the MC be a gambling addict that slowly loses his entire savings and social life to the gacha system. The MC is then approached by a loanshark that offers him a way out... And a promised irl gacha waifu or husbando. Twist it in some way to make it so that he succeeds but due to the high loanshark interest rate they spend a while doing everything he can to keep up with their ever growing debt so that they can keep feeding themselves and their waifu or husbando. The constantly growing debt and anxiety eats away at them until they lose it, giving them a choice between continuing the same path and finding a alternative way out of debt.

PS : Check out the mangas
First one is adaptation from old novel, easily seen with it's quality. Kinda too bland to be honest. Monthly releases = reason why despite the manga starting long ago, the chapters barely scratch the plot of the WN.
2nd is recent manga. Fast food plot. Revenge plot. Very gruesome and dark, well not really compared to the highest-dark plots out there.

In short, read and learn from them. "Who learn from me survive, who copy me will die" idiom.
Dodge the flaws of this 2. One being too boring. The other being too op from get-go like onepunch but without the charm of OPM.
Guys, it's the writing prompt section, write a story, please.

Good evening to y'all!
Thank you all! ☆
Unless this is actually not a writing prompt and you posted in the wrong section?

======

Gardrin is in a bind. He is facing a huge and heavy reptile, nothing that can be beaten with his tiny hands. Yet this monster needs to be stopped, for behind him was a village full of weaklings and degenerates who, for some reason, he didn't have the heart to leave behind. It was probably the food, it was marvellous, to the point that he had to keep buying new clothes with every meal.

But there was one saving grace. He hadn't used his powers of gacha yet today. And with the entirety of his golden tickets, he rolled the gacha.

Come on, give me something awesome! he thought.

The gacha came out as a cute little egg. When he opened it, a thick smoke came out, obstructing his view. When the smoke settled, he found that he had become a bodacious babe with big tits and big ass.

Oh my god, it jiggles! he thought as he jumped up and down.

But that couldn't possibly give him the power to beat up the huge reptile. After all, what could a beautiful idol with big tits do against a dinosaur? So he tried to think of something else but before he could come up with something, the reptile lunged forward and grabbed him in its hands. He struggled, punched, kicked, to no avail. But to his surprise, the reptile licked him, seeming satisfied before turning around and went back to its nest.

It seems like Gardrin will be fighting a different battle this time.

Last edited: