[Game of Idleness] - Kingdom Royale #3 (Succession War)

So... Who killed the king anyways?

• Fossil, the Skeleton

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Assur, the Second

• Hime, the Princess

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blitz, the Pikachu

• Nep, the Sega Console

• Kyuu, the Vampire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alice, the Evil Host

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

Nep

Time to say goodbye :blob_sweat:.
At least I get to stab fossil a last time.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Okay, so... Everyone already spent their knives tonight and already scheduled all their meaningful powers, so I figured I'd just fast-forward the night's end because there is no coming back from this point. Here is what happened:

@Fossil died to Stab Wounds.
@Nep died to Sorcery.
@TheFool13 died to a Trap hidden in his room.

Congratulations on @Himekawa and @kyuukestu for winning the 3rd round of KR on Scribbly! A shame Hime-chan actually helped the king's killer get to the throne, but... Eh? She doesn't need to know that, she can be happy knowing her revenge was successful~

Winners:
Roles:
  1. @Blitz as the Queen.
  2. @Fossil as the Sorcerer.
  3. @Himekawa as the Dark Sorcerer.
  4. @Nep as the Poison Prince.
  5. @kyuukestu as the Trap Prince.
  6. @TheFool13 as the Delinquent Prince.
Action Log:
  1. The first [Day Phase]:
  2. The first [Night Phase]:
  3. The second [Day Phase]:
  4. The second [Night Phase]:
  5. The third [Day Phase]:
  6. The third [Night Phase]:
Awards:
  • Bold - Claim your role as the first thing you do in the first Night Phase: @Fossil
  • Detective - Get everyone's role right: @kyuukestu, @TheFool13
  • ... Huh? - Suicide: @Nep
  • Afraid of Fire - Never kill anyone with Sorcery as the Sorcerer: @Fossil
  • Loner - Don't choose anyone for a Night Phase chat two Days in a row: @Himekawa

Alright, so uhn... Some basic thoughts from me now I guess?

... The fuck is wrong with you people? How the fuck did we have 0 deaths on D1/N1? And why did we get only 2 Night Chats at N2? Seriously, WTF? Like... Geez, if the princes weren't all lucky to all target the meaningful night chat of N2, there would have been basically no info being traded at all... Moreover, if you weren't going to have anyone for night chat, why didn't you stab anyone!? >.<

Like, seriously, this game was disgusting to watch... *pukes blood*

Oh well, that was that... With this out of the way... Uhn...

@Fossil, why in heaven's name would you claim sorcerer the first thing in the very first night chat? You do realize that the Dark Sorcerer wants you dead, right? Moreover, most princes might be very willing to kill you as well since it means they won't die for Sorcery that night too.
... Oh, and the Delinquent Prince can just roleblock you every night if they know who you are in order to keep themselves safe... It's really not wise to start claiming sorcerer in a game like this.

And on the note of Princes... Uhn... Most of you should have attempted to be a bit more careful with what you say, I think? Like... Trying to avoid giving clues of your role for anyone that spies on you... There is a 50/50 chance of a Prince spying on your Night Chat, so you might as well make sure they don't get too much info.
@Himekawa did a great job at that in their N1 chat, I'm sure @kyuukestu can attest to that.

What else? Uhn... Balance discussion!

1) I overbuffed the Poison Prince. In all honesty he got Murder simply because I needed a backup for Murder (Murder is a mechanic that just doesn't work well without backups), and when trying to figure out which Prince should get it, I ended up giving it to him because he was the right choice according to my lore in the game. It was not a bad choice, but I shouldn't have also buffed the Poison while doing that, it made the Poison far too deadly and completely removed Blitz-chan from the game as soon as the poison was applied.
Moving forward, the Poison will only deal 1 dmg per Day Phase.

2) Ambush should notify to the target that they were Ambushed, though only at the end of the Night Phase. What I realized as the game went on, is that the only targets that won't be aware that they were ambushed, are the Queen and the Sorcerer. The princes will know of it due to not receiving a Spy result, and the Dark Sorcerer will know of it because they didn't get a Divination Result... Which leads to the ability only causing some chaos among those two, but like... I don't think this chaos is necessarily a good thing.
Not to mention that the flavor of hitting you so well that you don't even remember it feels super weird.
Either way, moving forward Ambush will give a notification at the end of the Night Phase. I'm pretty sure it will lead to better gameplay.

3) Queen might need a buff. I'm not exactly sure of it, and I'd probably need more games to test this out, but the role is feeling kinda weak to me... I'm thinking of maybe increasing her HP by 2.

... What else...? In all honesty I didn't like the gameplay of Succession War too much. I think I'll refrain from hosting future games of it, and will instead try focusing on the Standard, UW and TK variants. I guess I just don't like having only 1 killing power in the game, especially when there are two blockers for it.
That said, I did enjoy the dynamic that the Trap Prince added to the game. I could feel how Fool was scared of any other prince dying because Kyuu-chan would instantly win if that happened... That was fun~

Well, this wraps up this game. I'm probably taking a small break from hosting KR games because I was really out of it this once, I forgot to send a lot of notifications in a timely manner, and that might have caused some confusion.

And as usual, I hope you all had fun~

Last edited:

AliceShiki

wait... the king's killer is not @AliceShiki?
Nah, the King Killer is always the non-sorcerer winner of the game~

I mean, you can consider it me deep inside your head though! xD
Okay... why did nep suicide?
Well, his award defines how I felt when I received the Murder Order! xD

If you really wanna know though...
Very risky move, but I will hope that fossil was really the sorcerer.
!murder nep
And no,
there is no reason for me to do this.
That's the reason, apparently.
Nep, why didn't you back me up on killing kyuu
... Who knows?

Fossil

Mafia Addict
Nah, the King Killer is always the non-sorcerer winner of the game~

I mean, you can consider it me deep inside your head though! xD

Well, his award defines how I felt when I received the Murder Order! xD

If you really wanna know though...

That's the reason, apparently.

... Who knows?
I mean, I was Sorc. But...there was still dark Sorc.

Nep

Okay... why did nep suicide?
I have rolled a dice because I thought it wouldn't matter, because the dark sorcerer should only be informed about being able to use sorcery the next night.
Seems like you were were still able to use it.

Himekawa

It is funny that the winners are the one who gets 0 at the poll.

kyuukestu

First off, I totally expected to come back and find out that I died. I can't believe I won xD

Well played @TheFool13

Alright, so uhn... Some basic thoughts from me now I guess?

... The fuck is wrong with you people? How the fuck did we have 0 deaths on D1/N1? And why did we get only 2 Night Chats at N2? Seriously, WTF? Like... Geez, if the princes weren't all lucky to all target the meaningful night chat of N2, there would have been basically no info being traded at all... Moreover, if you weren't going to have anyone for night chat, why didn't you stab anyone!? >.<
I figured it was because the Queen/Sorc got blocked. The first night the Sorc got hit by delinquent and the second night the Queen got hit by delinquent, so no murders could be carried out. Ofc, at the same time the first murder order would've failed because Himekawa was immune to sorcery.

This game had shockingly crazy luck. I think we all deserve an award for that xD
1) I overbuffed the Poison Prince. In all honesty he got Murder simply because I needed a backup for Murder (Murder is a mechanic that just doesn't work well without backups), and when trying to figure out which Prince should get it, I ended up giving it to him because he was the right choice according to my lore in the game. It was not a bad choice, but I shouldn't have also buffed the Poison while doing that, it made the Poison far too deadly and completely removed Blitz-chan from the game as soon as the poison was applied.
Moving forward, the Poison will only deal 1 dmg per Day Phase.
I definitely agree that the poison Prince probably needs a Nerf and I think your suggestion is also the best way to go about it. I think there's a bit more balancing to be done with the Princes. The Trap Prince's ability is...interesting, but tricky to activate. Perhaps someone like the Delinquent Prince should have extra Hp similar to the Knight in regular KR games?

That said, I did enjoy the dynamic that the Trap Prince added to the game. I could feel how Fool was scared of any other prince dying because Kyuu-chan would instantly win if that happened... That was fun~
It was the only thing I could do xD

I realized that I had to basically run with Fossil and get him to kill Nep so that my ability could kill TheFool, anything else would've absolutely doomed me. I'm surprised to see that Fossil died and I still won...

If Nep hadn't suicided that would've been my complete loss. I should've suggest that Fossil set his stab to start at the beginning of the Night phase just as mine to ensure that we could kill Nep. The was on oversight on my part, it's really just Nep's...strange choice that let me win.

kyuukestu

In my defense, I barely use the Scribblehub forum so I actually forgot to come back on the second day, which is why I didn't end up choosing anyone. It all worked out well though.

TheFool13

But man I just can't catch a break in this game first I was back stabbed by assur in the last game.

Now it's Nep this game.

I'm cursed to never win :blob_teary: :blob_teary:

AliceShiki

I have rolled a dice because I thought it wouldn't matter, because the dark sorcerer should only be informed about being able to use sorcery the next night.
Seems like you were were still able to use it.
... Ah.

That was... Really my bad.

I saw that you stabbed Fossil so so early in the night, that I figured that you basically forgot to schedule the stab to the start of the phase.

With that in mind, I decided to give you some leeway and consider it as if it was a stab scheduled to the start of the night phase.

My bad, I didn't expect you were fooling around...
I definitely agree that the poison Prince probably needs a Nerf and I think your suggestion is also the best way to go about it. I think there's a bit more balancing to be done with the Princes. The Trap Prince's ability is...interesting, but tricky to activate. Perhaps someone like the Delinquent Prince should have extra Hp similar to the Knight in regular KR games?
Would need more testing for that... I dunno how powerful role blocking is! >.<

Rn the role seems fine to me, but maybe not...
It was the only thing I could do xD

I realized that I had to basically run with Fossil and get him to kill Nep so that my ability could kill TheFool, anything else would've absolutely doomed me. I'm surprised to see that Fossil died and I still won...

If Nep hadn't suicided that would've been my complete loss. I should've suggest that Fossil set his stab to start at the beginning of the Night phase just as mine to ensure that we could kill Nep. The was on oversight on my part, it's really just Nep's...strange choice that let me win.
Tbf, if Fossil had used schedules, you'd have also won~
But man I just can't catch a break in this game first I was back stabbed by assur in the last game.

Now it's Nep this game.

I'm cursed to never win :blob_teary: :blob_teary:
If it makes you any happier, A5G_Reaper, one of the creators of the game, lost her first 5 games~