[Game of Idleness] - Kingdom Royale #3 (Succession War)

So... Who killed the king anyways?

• Fossil, the Skeleton

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Assur, the Second

• Hime, the Princess

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blitz, the Pikachu

• Nep, the Sega Console

• Kyuu, the Vampire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alice, the Evil Host

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

Blitz

『⛰Ping-Pong Cat❄️』『⚡️New member⚡️』
GG's all. Sorry @Nep I forgot to set up a counterstab against kyuu. I was rooting for you, we'll get em next time
Alright, so uhn... Some basic thoughts from me now I guess?

... The fuck is wrong with you people? How the fuck did we have 0 deaths on D1/N1? And why did we get only 2 Night Chats at N2? Seriously, WTF? Like... Geez, if the princes weren't all lucky to all target the meaningful night chat of N2, there would have been basically no info being traded at all... Moreover, if you weren't going to have anyone for night chat, why didn't you stab anyone!? >.<

Like, seriously, this game was disgusting to watch... *pukes blood*

Oh well, that was that... With this out of the way... Uhn...

@Fossil, why in heaven's name would you claim sorcerer the first thing in the very first night chat? You do realize that the Dark Sorcerer wants you dead, right? Moreover, most princes might be very willing to kill you as well since it means they won't die for Sorcery that night too.
... Oh, and the Delinquent Prince can just roleblock you every night if they know who you are in order to keep themselves safe... It's really not wise to start claiming sorcerer in a game like this.

And on the note of Princes... Uhn... Most of you should have attempted to be a bit more careful with what you say, I think? Like... Trying to avoid giving clues of your role for anyone that spies on you... There is a 50/50 chance of a Prince spying on your Night Chat, so you might as well make sure they don't get too much info.
@Himekawa did a great job at that in their N1 chat, I'm sure @kyuukestu can attest to that.

What else? Uhn... Balance discussion!

1) I overbuffed the Poison Prince. In all honesty he got Murder simply because I needed a backup for Murder (Murder is a mechanic that just doesn't work well without backups), and when trying to figure out which Prince should get it, I ended up giving it to him because he was the right choice according to my lore in the game. It was not a bad choice, but I shouldn't have also buffed the Poison while doing that, it made the Poison far too deadly and completely removed Blitz-chan from the game as soon as the poison was applied.
Moving forward, the Poison will only deal 1 dmg per Day Phase.

2) Ambush should notify to the target that they were Ambushed, though only at the end of the Night Phase. What I realized as the game went on, is that the only targets that won't be aware that they were ambushed, are the Queen and the Sorcerer. The princes will know of it due to not receiving a Spy result, and the Dark Sorcerer will know of it because they didn't get a Divination Result... Which leads to the ability only causing some chaos among those two, but like... I don't think this chaos is necessarily a good thing.
Not to mention that the flavor of hitting you so well that you don't even remember it feels super weird.
Either way, moving forward Ambush will give a notification at the end of the Night Phase. I'm pretty sure it will lead to better gameplay.

3) Queen might need a buff. I'm not exactly sure of it, and I'd probably need more games to test this out, but the role is feeling kinda weak to me... I'm thinking of maybe increasing her HP by 2.

... What else...? In all honesty I didn't like the gameplay of Succession War too much. I think I'll refrain from hosting future games of it, and will instead try focusing on the Standard, UW and TK variants. I guess I just don't like having only 1 killing power in the game, especially when there are two blockers for it.
That said, I did enjoy the dynamic that the Trap Prince added to the game. I could feel how Fool was scared of any other prince dying because Kyuu-chan would instantly win if that happened... That was fun~

Well, this wraps up this game. I'm probably taking a small break from hosting KR games because I was really out of it this once, I forgot to send a lot of notifications in a timely manner, and that might have caused some confusion.

And as usual, I hope you all had fun~
Yup I agree with you on both point 1 and 2 althought I think queen should be fine in the current state if those adjustments are made.

Also I agree with you on the gameplay of succession wars, it lacks what makes the other variants fun and unique. It basically boils down to conflicts between the royalty and the 2 mages which feels simplified compared to the others. Poison prince is fun tho

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
GG's all. Sorry @Nep I forgot to set up a counterstab against kyuu. I was rooting for you, we'll get em next time

Yup I agree with you on both point 1 and 2 althought I think queen should be fine in the current state if those adjustments are made.

Also I agree with you on the gameplay of succession wars, it lacks what makes the other variants fun and unique. It basically boils down to conflicts between the royalty and the 2 mages which feels simplified compared to the others. Poison prince is fun tho
Yeah, the fact that basically everyone is either an enemy or a sorcerer doesn't help much either, as alliances become much harder to make...

And the lack of killing powers is boring! XD

Reactions: Nep

Nep

... Ah.

That was... Really my bad.

I saw that you stabbed Fossil so so early in the night, that I figured that you basically forgot to schedule the stab to the start of the phase.

With that in mind, I decided to give you some leeway and consider it as if it was a stab scheduled to the start of the night phase.

My bad, I didn't expect you were fooling around...

I have prepared my murder order for kyuu and have waited for the start of the night phase 2 minutes prior.

But then fossil was stabbed at the end of the day phase and I could finish him of.

If I had known that someone else would stab him I would also have scheduled my stab but I didn't want to him to counter stab me before the murder order.

AliceShiki

I have prepared my murder order for kyuu and have waited for the start of the night phase 2 minutes prior.

But then fossil was stabbed at the end of the day phase and I could finish him of.

If I had known that someone else would stab him I would also have scheduled my stab but I didn't want to him to counter stab me before the murder order.
You could have scheduled "Stab Fossil at the start of the Night Phase if Fossil is stabbed by someone else during the Day Phase"! xD

Reactions: Nep

Nep

You could have scheduled "Stab Fossil at the start of the Night Phase if Fossil is stabbed by someone else during the Day Phase"! xD

I already thought I will immediately die at the start of the night phase and when I got online there were only 3 minutes on the timer.

Nep

... What else...? In all honesty I didn't like the gameplay of Succession War too much. I think I'll refrain from hosting future games of it, and will instead try focusing on the Standard, UW and TK variants. I guess I just don't like having only 1 killing power in the game, especially when there are two blockers for it.
Well, this wraps up this game. I'm probably taking a small break from hosting KR games because I was really out of it this once, I forgot to send a lot of notifications in a timely manner, and that might have caused some confusion.

I would like to participate again next time, but I will need to see, if I have the time.
I definitely won't be as active as this time.

Himekawa

Yeah, the fact that basically everyone is either an enemy or a sorcerer doesn't help much either, as alliances become much harder to make...

And the lack of killing powers is boring! XD
actually... does allying royalty and sorcerer not make sense? It felt like as long as you are queen, you can ally with both sorcerer, and the other princes can ally with the dark sorcerer.

AliceShiki

I already thought I will immediately die at the start of the night phase and when I got online there were only 3 minutes on the timer.
Well, if Fossil had scheduled properly, you would have died at the start of the Night! xD
I would like to participate again next time, but I will need to see, if I have the time.
I definitely won't be as active as this time.
Glad you enjoyed it~
actually... does allying royalty and sorcerer not make sense? It felt like as long as you are queen, you can ally with both sorcerer, and the other princes can ally with the dark sorcerer.
Then queen can easily ally with the Sorcerer, but... At the end of the day the Sorcerer is still a neutral party, all they care for is the death of the Dark Sorcerer.

If the Poison Prince finds the Sorcerer first, for example, they can ally with the Sorcerer just as easily as the Queen does.
... And if they find the Dark Sorcerer, they can ally with this one too, as killing the Sorcerer and the Queen will give the Poison Prince and Dark Sorcerer the power over Murder anyways.

And like, the Trap and Delinquent Princes might be willing to ally themselves with the Sorcerers, but they might also be willing to just kill them in order to cut off sorcery out of the game and remove their chances of dying due to powers they have no control over.

So uhn... There is a possibility of alliances between Royalty and Sorcerers, but there is also the possibility of they just killing one another.

And the thing is... If you never get a chat with the Sorcerers, you can never make any alliance in the game at all. You don't have any set allies in this game, like the King/Double or Revo/Knight in the normal game. And you also don't have dubious temporary allies like King/Knight in games where the Sorcerer is dead... All you have are enemies and neutral parties, which... Well, takes a good chunk of the mindgame aspect of KR I guess? Rather than trying to find out if someone you're talking to is an ally or enemy, you just need to figure out if it's someone you need to kill or someone you don't care about. It's not nearly as interesting to me! >.<

SpearOfLies

Would need more testing for that... I dunno how powerful role blocking is! >.<
Role blocking is very powerful. Intel is also very powerful.
The Queen+Sorcerer have very high chance to get roleblocked by either the delinquent prince or the dark sorcerer or the queen mistakenly targets the Sorcerer. The fact that the queen also cannot know if the sorcerer got roleblocked by either the delinquent prince or the dark sorcerer or she send a suicide order makes her decision making hard.
Spy also doesn't help the Queen+Sorcerer dynamic. It very limit the amount of info that people are willing to share or it make easier for other people to guess if you are careless.

Overall the game heavily favor the dark sorcerer. He can easily take a gambit and allied with someone without risking too much.
If it makes you any happier, A5G_Reaper, one of the creators of the game, lost her first 5 games~
You mean KR or this version of KR?

AliceShiki

Role blocking is very powerful. Intel is also very powerful.
The Queen+Sorcerer have very high chance to get roleblocked by either the delinquent prince or the dark sorcerer or the queen mistakenly targets the Sorcerer. The fact that the queen also cannot know if the sorcerer got roleblocked by either the delinquent prince or the dark sorcerer or she send a suicide order makes her decision making hard.
Spy also doesn't help the Queen+Sorcerer dynamic. It very limit the amount of info that people are willing to share or it make easier for other people to guess if you are careless.

Overall the game heavily favor the dark sorcerer. He can easily take a gambit and allied with someone without risking too much.
Mmmmmm, yeah, the chances of Queen/Sorcerer getting roleblocked are pretty decent. Which is a problem for them.

I don't think I can make any changes to the Dark Sorcerer though. I need them to have Sorcery because Murder/Sorcery needs backups to be a functional mechanic.
And without Divination, the Dark Sorcery is basically a worse Sorcerer... Which is no good either.

Perhaps I'd need to buff both Queen and Dark Sorcerer, but I'd need more games to test that out. Right now I dunno if the game favors the Dark Sorcerer as much as you said it does.
You mean KR or this version of KR?
Just KR. I don't think we even played 5 SW games as a whole. I believe this is the 4th game.

SpearOfLies

Just KR. I don't think we even played 5 SW games as a whole. I believe this is the 4th game.
The original KR is actually from a novel. Just saying cause Reacchi mostly plays randomly and don't have any strategy in mind.
I don't think I can make any changes to the Dark Sorcerer though. I need them to have Sorcery because Murder/Sorcery needs backups to be a functional mechanic.
And without Divination, the Dark Sorcery is basically a worse Sorcerer... Which is no good either.
I was talking about prince's Spy mechanic than Divination.

AliceShiki

The original KR is actually from a novel. Just saying cause Reacchi mostly plays randomly and don't have any strategy in mind.
I know! I even linked the novel in the first post of the registration thread! xD
I was talking about prince's Spy mechanic than Divination.
My point with Divination had to do with your point of how the game favored the Dark Sorcerer! xD

SpearOfLies

I know! I even linked the novel in the first post of the registration thread! xD

My point with Divination had to do with your point of how the game favored the Dark Sorcerer! xD
Oh. It's not his power that he is favored but the fact he is low on priority as a killing target. Even the queen doesn't want to kill him in case the sorcerer dies beforehand. On the other side, no prince will trust the sorcerer. No one wants to risk getting burned by him if they can stop it(if they cannot, they can just accept the alliance and pray for the best). It's more favorable for the sorcerer to murder the target in order to find the dark sorcerer before he finds allies to kill him but it's also more favorable for the player to not burn the ally for long term cooperation in future games(but that also mess up more the queen's chance of win). Anyway, it's more likely to be allied with a dark sorcerer in the first two days than the normal sorcerer.

AliceShiki

Oh. It's not his power that he is favored but the fact he is low on priority as a killing target. Even the queen doesn't want to kill him in case the sorcerer dies beforehand. On the other side, no prince will trust the sorcerer. No one wants to risk getting burned by him if they can stop it(if they cannot, they can just accept the alliance and pray for the best). It's more favorable for the sorcerer to murder the target in order to find the dark sorcerer before he finds allies to kill him but it's also more favorable for the player to not burn the ally for long term cooperation in future games(but that also mess up more the queen's chance of win). Anyway, it's more likely to be allied with a dark sorcerer in the first two days than the normal sorcerer.
That makes sense~

Well, I'd have to host more games to see if I'd make any other changes atm... Rn it's hard to judge.