Games Finished Recently? Or Are Currently Playing?

Valmond

Finished Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria.

All I have to say is god this game was insanely difficult. However, also amazingly done well. Sadly, it does not have a proper New Game Plus, so I am adding in some cheats to make it so for my next play through. Not too much though, just enough that will encourage a second play through. Anyway, what about you lot?

Would be a good time for me to see what you’ve been up to. Might give me an idea on what to play next.

BlissyMKW

In recent memory, I think the last game I finished was Trails in the Sky the 3rd. I'm pretty much almost done with Persona 5 Royal, where I'll probably move onto playing Nocturne when I'm done and (hopefully) finish it before the HD remaster comes out in May.

Valmond

In recent memory, I think the last game I finished was Trails in the Sky the 3rd. I'm pretty much almost done with Persona 5 Royal, where I'll probably move onto playing Nocturne when I'm done and (hopefully) finish it before the HD remaster comes out in May.
Well, in a time like this. Play multiple games at once. 😂

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Finished Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria.

All I have to say is god this game was insanely difficult. However, also amazingly done well. Sadly, it does not have a proper New Game Plus, so I am adding in some cheats to make it so for my next play through. Not too much though, just enough that will encourage a second play through. Anyway, what about you lot?

Would be a good time for me to see what you’ve been up to. Might give me an idea on what to play next.
Well... I don't play games that you can complete... yeah, I actually rarely play games, cuz of the time spent in working, chores, and house management... basically, the only games I play are mobile games, though I have an xbox one lying at home, complete useless....

Some of those games are: clash of clans, Adventure Captalist, etc.. I play idle games, where you make in-game money over time, or build your empire over time....

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Loop Hero. It's on the better side of average. You could certainly do a lot more with what's there.

Daitengu

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses online.

Got it on steam sale. Kinda grindy. Was ok. These side games to the series are shorter, thus I recommend it when on sale.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
FINISHED:
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout (JRPG +writing +combat mechanic like the Tales combat mechanic)
Rance Quest Magnum (JRPG +writing +combat mechanic 10/10 SSS+)
9nine: Episode 3 (VN +plot driven)
Eiyu Senki Gold: A New Conquest (JRPG -writing +combat mechanic like Rance but B-tier)

HAVEN'T FINISHED YET:
Conception PLUS: Maidens of the Twelve Stars
9nine: Episode 4
Atelier Ryza 2: Long Legends and the Secret Fairy
Atelier Rorona
Atelier Meruru
Atelier Totori
Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland

They're all pretty fascinating in their own sense and entirely puts most games today to shame - distinctly, I recommend these games I just played.
...Other than that, I am still trying to play most of the Atelier series!

Last edited:

Valmond

FINISHED:
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout (JRPG +writing +combat mechanic like the Tales combat mechanic)
Rance Quest Magnum (JRPG +writing +combat mechanic 10/10 SSS+)
9nine: Episode 3 (VN +plot driven)
Eiyu Senki Gold: A New Conquest (JRPG -writing +combat mechanic like Rance but B-tier)

HAVEN'T FINISHED YET:
Conception PLUS: Maidens of the Twelve Stars
9nine: Episode 4
Atelier Ryza 2: Long Legends and the Secret Fairy
Atelier Rorona
Atelier Meruru
Atelier Totori
Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland

They're all pretty fascinating in their own sense and entirely puts most games today to shame - distinctly, I recommend these games I just played.
...Other than that, I am still trying to play most of the Atelier series!
I finished Atelier Ryza. It was honestly one of the worst games I have played. However, I have been meaning to check out some others of the series. The only other one I played was Atelier Iris 3.

Not sure if I will buy the second Ryza. The first one just did not cut it.

Motsu

I finished Atelier Ryza. It was honestly one of the worst games I have played. However, I have been meaning to check out some others of the series. The only other one I played was Atelier Iris 3.

Not sure if I will buy the second Ryza. The first one just did not cut it.
First of all, I don't know what did not cut it in the first game because literally both Atelier Ryza and Atelier Ryza 2 are considered for amateurs when starting the whole series - means, it is wholly acceptable to be good, thus why a must-play first. Generally speaking, I don't see why it is the worst game when it is literally one of the top 3 popular Atelier games... well, maybe your taste is too high-standard. In any case, I don't usually give off criticism until I have finished the game.

Second, if you think Atelier Ryza is a disappointment - I think it's best you do not buy the sequel. You'll clearly hate it with the same perspective you've given to the first. In addition, Atelier Iris is final fantasy-like when it's about combat and Disgaea-like when about art quality and dialogue box feels - a nostalgic childhood game.

Valmond

First of all, I don't know what did not cut it in the first game because literally both Atelier Ryza and Atelier Ryza 2 are considered for amateurs when starting the whole series - means, it is wholly acceptable to be good, thus why a must-play first. Generally speaking, I don't see why it is the worst game when it is literally one of the top 3 popular Atelier games... well, maybe your taste is too high-standard. In any case, I don't usually give off criticism until I have finished the game.

Second, if you think Atelier Ryza is a disappointment - I think it's best you do not buy the sequel. You'll clearly hate it with the same perspective you've given to the first. In addition, Atelier Iris is final fantasy-like when it's about combat and Disgaea-like when about art quality and dialogue box feels - a nostalgic childhood game.
Not saying it is not one of the top three. Just saying for myself. It was one of the worst games I have played. That is all. Simply because something is considered top due to sales, does not equate to everyone. I am very critical of games I play. I put in about fifty hours or so into Ryza, never liked a single moment. I finished the game as well. Payed for it, might as well finish it.

And I am thinking the same for the second game. Since I did not like the first, it is highly unlikely for me to play the second. Though, I do not want to consider all the games to be the same. So, I am carefully trying to consider which one to play. I figured since I liked Atelier Iris 3, then Ryza should meet the standard at least. It just did not.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I don't play games that can be "finished." Just Heroes of the Storm.

Motsu

Not saying it is not one of the top three. Just saying for myself. It was one of the worst games I have played. That is all. Simply because something is considered top due to sales, does not equate to everyone. I am very critical of games I play. I put in about fifty hours or so into Ryza, never liked a single moment. I finished the game as well. Payed for it, might as well finish it.

And I am thinking the same for the second game. Since I did not like the first, it is highly unlikely for me to play the second. Though, I do not want to consider all the games to be the same. So, I am carefully trying to consider which one to play. I figured since I liked Atelier Iris 3, then Ryza should meet the standard at least. It just did not.
I think it is obvious enough to understand that when a game becomes popular - its sales go up! Or unless it became famous because a lot of people brought it, I won't buy that bs. I don't know 'bout that fifty hours insert and no shit liked, but I bet you don't even smile when you look at yourself in a mirror.

Clearly, at this point, I can understand you're pretty picky when it comes to quality and I don't understand how desensitized you are to say I never liked a single moment for 50 hours. Comparing Atelier Iris - a 2006 game to a 2019 game is pretty dull - not only do they not have the same combat mechanic but Atelier Iris is an old-school JRPG back in the old days where Windows 10 and PS5 hasn't even been created yet! You don't expect to see the same pixelated shit on a 2019 modern JRPG game.

Moreover, I never really know why you call it the worst games or it did not meet the standard. What is it that makes it the worst game anyway? Is it the story, the combat, the alchemy feature? And what is this standard, AtelierR should meet in the first place? I understand you never liked a single moment about it, but that's not a good reason to say it is the worst game.

Also, good job for finishing the game while complaining... and when you mean 'you are very critical of the game you play,' you mean you don't appraise something using logic and emotions or even just logic but with emotions which makes your opinion too flawed and unreliable.

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Play multiple games at once.
Yeaaaah, about that...

Screenshot_379.png

This is just the stuff in my Backloggery. I'm also doing a 3 heart run of Majora's Mask and playing an RPG Maker game.

Motsu

Yeaaaah, about that...

View attachment 7027
This is just the stuff in my Backloggery. I'm also doing a 3 heart run of Majora's Mask and playing an RPG Maker game.
Geofront translation has my thanks for making a translation for Trails from Zero. I kind of want to play Persona 5 Royal since I played Persona 3 and Fire Emblem Three Houses, but I'll just play my Atelier games. Zero Escape has been on my radar but I don't have enough time to be able to savor its masterpiece story.

BlissyMKW

Screenshot_464.png

And so, after nuking the hell out of the final boss and various cutscenes, Persona 5 Royal is done with all party members max leveled, all Confidants done, all requests done, but...you can't 100% the compendium outside of NG+, so...I wasted a good 30 minutes yesterday fusing up Personas. My backlog is still very full and I'm also getting the Nathan Drake Collection and Yakuza 0 in the mail on Thursday, so...it kinda feels like I didn't exactly put a dent in my backlog at all by finishing this.

Oh well, onward to Nocturne, where there will likely be pain.

Valmond

View attachment 7109
And so, after nuking the hell out of the final boss and various cutscenes, Persona 5 Royal is done with all party members max leveled, all Confidants done, all requests done, but...you can't 100% the compendium outside of NG+, so...I wasted a good 30 minutes yesterday fusing up Personas. My backlog is still very full and I'm also getting the Nathan Drake Collection and Yakuza 0 in the mail on Thursday, so...it kinda feels like I didn't exactly put a dent in my backlog at all by finishing this.

Oh well, onward to Nocturne, where there will likely be pain.
Valkyrie Profile 2 is pretty insane with the difficulty.

I decided to partially modify my stats, just to get to the end. Yeeeahhh...even with equipping the best stuff to counter the battle. There was still like two ways the boss could pretty much immediately end the fight. Apparently, the game can be replayed up to 50 times with harder difficulty each time around. From what I can find, after a certain amount, the game is not balanced, making the necessary setup really luck based either way. On another note, makes me wonder why someone will beat a game continuously just to make it slightly harder. From what I can find, maybe 10 times to have the bonus dungeon unlocked immediately in its entirety.

Other than that...not sure why.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Just played through Darq and Little Nightmares over the weekend (like 2 and 3 hours each). Very similar games. Darq sucked, Little Nightmares was delightful.

Valmond

Just played through Darq and Little Nightmares over the weekend (like 2 and 3 hours each). Very similar games. Darq sucked, Little Nightmares was delightful.
I’ll keep those in mind. Been trying to find something to play.

yunano34a1

Just finished Valheim and now making a labyrinth like Anor Londo (Dark Souls) with some aesthetics from Cathedral of Sacred Blood (Code Vein)

Rip time