Games Finished Recently? Or Are Currently Playing?

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
I hope I finished this game called life, but it has too many ending. Gotta make the right choice aren't we

Jet

Duke Nukem 3D 2016 version. Didn't age well and is unbelievably easy. But can pass up some time, I guess.

Reisinling

Loop hero, but I think I'm gonna drop it. Maybe will pick it up again when they add more speed settings- I'm about halfway through and the pacing gets bad, it also feels at some point that you are just repeating the loop to farm items, before going for the boss. Also so much luck in getting items for the build you want

Valmond

Just finished Wild Arms XF.

Overall, loved the game. It had a really strong Act I to III. Act IV, the mid half was weak I will say, and Act V was okay, the ending made up for the massive mistake they made in Act IV and V. I’d give it more or less roughly an 8/10. The game really gets ya thinking, almost every battle feeling like its own thing. Then the story itself, the characters were the high point for sure, the plot as well being powerfully driven up until mid Act IV. Where for some reason, they had two really great antagonist, that did not make it as the final boss. Neither of them, instead they chose the weaker of the plot point that didn’t even touch well on multiple fronts. Aside from that, like I said, the ending made up for the blunder.

Honestly though, because of how poorly they did on arguably the point that required the highest level of effort to connect. I wouldn’t say the game is worth a second play through. Though, I would definitely recommend playing it at least once.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 52929

Recently completed Everhood …had major Undertale vibes and the soundtrack was definitely dope. It's a shame it seems to have flown under the radar...its definitely unique in its own right and I liked the characters. Only thing is that it leaned too much into its influences sometimes.

BlissyMKW

Screenshot_189.png

Nocturne has been completed. I didn't go for the True Demon Ending, but I did get Dante and he put in some work...even though I forgot about him since I had a bunch of Fiends that I was using too.

While I can now understand why people praise this game so highly, I do have to admit I was getting a little frustrated at the suddenly higher encounter rate in the Tower of Kagutsuchi (yes, I was using Estoma). No skill inheritance did lead to several situations where I was sitting at the Cathedral of Shadows hitting X and O a lot, but I guess that's just part of the experience. I didn't hate the game, but in a few ways, it's a little dated compared to the likes of Strange Journey and SMT IV, which I'd probably say is my favorite mainline SMT so far despite the pain in the ass getting neutral ending is.

I went for Freedom Ending, but I did the Kalpas (without visiting Lucifer after beating Metatron), mostly since it was my plan from the start and I wasn't really in any mood to try out Lucifer. But at least I can say I finally played it after owning it for at least 2 years.

Attachments

• Screenshot_189.png
    Screenshot_189.png
    878.8 KB · Views: 61

Valmond

Almost done with Wild Arms 3, and am loving it. The only problem with the game is that it does a pretty terrible job midway in. As in, the game does not clearly state what to do next. More often than not, you’d be circling around the world trying to figure out what to do. Other than this, it does well overall. Story, four types of battle systems, puzzles, dungeons. Abyss was a pain in the ass, but I got through it. In short, it has tons of content, and doesn’t really get held back. It remains consistent throughout which is great. Honestly though, due to how much there is to remember, I am not sure if I would play it a second time. I might, since I really do love the game. Though, right now not too sure, maybe at another time.

Also playing Marchen Forest.

This game is more in relation to the Witch Spring series rather than the Atelier. From what I can gather, it is more or less like a remastered version with much more content. To get things started, it has a regular level system, and then you can stat boost yourself. It is like a dungeon crawler, while also having the ingredients gathering section of it. What I mean by it is more like the Witch Spring series. You control a single character, you raise that character, gather ingredients and engage in tactical combat. Though this time, it is done in real time, adding on a bit more complexity to it. You also gather equipment and identify it to be able to use it. However, it is like a rogue-like game, partially. In which if you fall in a dungeon, you lose all unidentified items. You can return to the front, and travel between set warp points. So the game keeps progressing onward. Battles can be difficult, since it is in real time, and requires a sharp eye to make use of the commands. It also has different abilities you can learn. Most of all though, the story is much more bittersweet to say. It can be happy at times, but also sad. I just got the game, but it does a lot right. As for healing, you can heal outside of battle, or upon a counter of the enemy. It goes on and on. The better part is, the alchemy isn’t shoved down your throat, much like the Witch Spring series. They have a solid balance between alchemy, gathering ingredients, and battles. Honestly, it takes some ideas of the Atelier series and does it far better. Being more in line with the quality of the Witch Spring series.

Valmond

And I finished Marchen Forest. From what I can tell, I finished Act 1 and there is a second one after restarting the game. Honestly, the first act was pretty depressing, and wholesome. This game really knows how to blend elements well.

Huh this must be something new with the game from what I read. The game automatically reverses to go on the true path.

Last edited:

tridetect

Playing through neptunia rebirth 3 and wild arm 5 currently. I'm probably gonna replay wild arms 4 since its such an amazing game imo.

HokuouTenrou

Just finished Sen no Kiseki/Trails of Cold Steel IV. Waiting for Hajimari.
Not sure what to play next; probably finish Unionism A3, or the rest of Tsuyokiss.

BlissyMKW

Finished Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon recently, and...yeah, it wasn't very good. 2/5, if I had to rate it. The story was pretty bleh, physics were sometimes wonky (yes, even with the PK, the physics were wonky. Literally, I had a moment when an NPC was stuck in the air and I didn't lift him into the air), most of the new weapons weren't very fun/bad outside the Plasma Cannons for the Saucer (and even then I had to nearly max those out just to beat a mission because they throw way too many helicopters at the thing you need to defend). Overall, if you're looking to play any Destroy All Humans game, play the remake or the second game.

EDIT: It also only took about 10 hours to beat, and that's with doing some of the side content.

Valmond

Finished Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon recently, and...yeah, it wasn't very good. 2/5, if I had to rate it. The story was pretty bleh, physics were sometimes wonky (yes, even with the PK, the physics were wonky. Literally, I had a moment when an NPC was stuck in the air and I didn't lift him into the air), most of the new weapons weren't very fun/bad outside the Plasma Cannons for the Saucer (and even then I had to nearly max those out just to beat a mission because they throw way too many helicopters at the thing you need to defend). Overall, if you're looking to play any Destroy All Humans game, play the remake or the second game.

EDIT: It also only took about 10 hours to beat, and that's with doing some of the side content.
Ouch, I know how it is to play a bad game. Well, sometimes it can’t be helped. At times it is necessary to play the game to conclude if you will like it or not.
Playing through neptunia rebirth 3 and wild arm 5 currently. I'm probably gonna replay wild arms 4 since its such an amazing game imo.
The Wild ARMs series is pretty great. After I finish 3, gonna look into 4. From what I saw from 4, it looks like it is some kind of extension of 3? Unless all the games except for XF has complete decay of the planet. In XF, the planet is decaying, but there is water. In that one though, the Yggdrasil System while it is real, the records of it was destroyed. I gotta see the rest of the series to see how it all aligns.
Just finished Sen no Kiseki/Trails of Cold Steel IV. Waiting for Hajimari.
Not sure what to play next; probably finish Unionism A3, or the rest of Tsuyokiss.
Sometimes it is like this.

Last edited:

Valmond

Finished Marchen Forest. Damn this game was brutal. 🤨

The second half that is in terms of difficulty. A more complete story as well, and a bittersweet ending. They did great overall in balancing the mechanics. In terms of bosses, the game did not have much, but they focused quite well on the antagonists and the main characters. The second half more or less fills in the gap for the first act, as well as show an extended ending. Due to the difficulty of the game however, it took me near sixty hours to beat. I would play again, though there is one problem I have with the game. That is no map...this game gets so confusing with the directions, that I cannot play it a second time. Though, absolutely loved the game.

Valmond

Finally completed Wild ARMs 3. This has been an insanely long game. However, it was amazing. Not playing it a second time. 😂

This game is far too long. However, it is very much worth a play through.

Now, if the games are truly connected, then I can see why XF is still decaying, but how it also has water and other life. It is making a lot more sense now.

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Geofront Azure is coming out today, so I finally got around to finishing Trails from Zero. Personally, I liked the ending quite a lot. I'd rank it up there with Sky SC's ending as my favorite in the series so far.

Monk_Origins

I exclusively play 18+ jrpg style games lately, so I don't think I can mention any of them without getting banned by Tony...

BlissyMKW

So I finally went and finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I didn't hate it, but at the same time, I'm not in the "this is one of the best games ever" club. Don't get me wrong, the second half is good, once the story gets going, but the game suffers from a case of "it gets good...eventually" syndrome, especially with what were possibly some of the most misleading to bad tutorials I've ever had the displeasure of seeing in a JRPG. Please note I got about 80% of the way through the game before Chuggaaconroy's LP existed, so I had to deal with the game's bad tutorials on my own. While I have some...choice words for the Blade gacha, at the very least, the game will give you the tools you need to beat the game without relying on said gacha, so that's something.

If I had to rate it, 3/5. I didn't hate it, but since I had temporarily stopped playing it for months partway through Chapter 7, I had forgotten all about most of the important plot bits by the time I got back to playing it. By no means is it a bad game, and now that Chuggaaconroy's LP exists, it'll help new players get into the game easier. Kinda wish it was around back when I started the game more than a year ago, but...oh well.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Geofront Azure is coming out today, so I finally got around to finishing Trails from Zero. Personally, I liked the ending quite a lot. I'd rank it up there with Sky SC's ending as my favorite in the series so far.
I don't understand... I played Trails to Azure from start to finish with near-perfect translation somewhere a year ago! I think Geofront—they made it? But yeah, the Trails to Azure I played was a little buggy, like the minigames part, but aside from that—everything was pretty good. Maybe it must be the better version of it that they're releasing?