Getting readers what forum do I use for sharing stories?

DamoMartin

sufficientvelocity? Royalroad? Creating your own website (although it won't be easy to get readers)?
Honestly I'll probably just post stuff on twitter as well and maybe boost the post when I write weekly like when I upload a chapter I'll make a post about it on twitter and so on

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Simply telling OP to ignore the forums and write what he likes is just, in some way, closing one of both eyes. You even said it yourself; you put stuff through release filtering so you WOULDN'T see the smut. And I'm not telling OP to gun for trends either. What I'm telling OP is to do the best of both worlds.
I never said he should ignore the existence of trends altogether though? I said ignore the forums, but go look at the main site to see what people like to have a better grasp of what is popular in this site...

As in, I think people speak a load of bullshit in these forums, so it's better to not take it too seriously. It makes more sense to look directly at the main site that can give you the numbers on what is popular and what isn't... And then you can try to make something work with that.

DamoMartin

I never said he should ignore the existence of trends altogether though? I said ignore the forums, but go look at the main site to see what people like to have a better grasp of what is popular in this site...

As in, I think people speak a load of bullshit in these forums, so it's better to not take it too seriously. It makes more sense to look directly at the main site that can give you the numbers on what is popular and what isn't... And then you can try to make something work with that.
that's completely fair