Writing Prompt Give your MC a "reason you suck" speech

EternalSunset0

Ah, thanks for reminding me why I hate most JP harem protags, not because they have a harem, but because they won't accept it.
Yeah which is why I had the bro character (of all people) punch him out for it. Had a good time playing around with a slight bit of subversion and meta commentary.

LostLibrarian

Ah, thanks for reminding me why I hate most JP harem protags, not because they have a harem, but because they won't accept it.
The biggest problem simply is, that "not dense harem protags" are mostly just plain assholes (except you go the over-the-top comedy route). There are some protagonists with in the ecchi-section, who need to grow a harem for magic/strength/etc-purposes, but besides that, it's hard.

If your character isn't dense, he'll accept the first girl and that's the end of the harem story. Or he actually has a relationship and still accepts a second, third, ... wife. Which doesn't look too good...

I mean, there are ways around it (I tried to find one for my story and hope it works well), but "harem" and "sensible" are opposites. Either the MC suffers, or the world/logic does...

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
This oddly runs parallel to something I wrote this morning. Not gonna post it though, since it's spoilers for something at least a volume away.:blob_ghost:

Agentt

Thighs
Does the story end in a positive note? What chapter is that from?
Nope, it was the first tragic i ever wrote, and ended up just depressing, if you are still interested, it is 30 chapters long, with this scene is somewhere near chapter 20