Giving free story cover/illustration for BL story (digital illustration) [CLOSED]

Kinaiya

Hi! I draw as a hobby and is looking for something fun to draw. Because this is free, there are limits to the service:
  • The story should be posted here on scribblehub with at least 4 stars rating. (Doesn't matter if there is only 1 rater) Edit: It can also be posted anywhere like CG, RR, WP, etc. but preferably on SH
  • The genre should be BL, Boy's Love, Yaoi, Shounen Ai, Danmei or whatever you call it.
  • There should not be rape, racism, pedophilia or other sensitive topics in the story.
  • It would be best if the story is set on tribal society or modern times.
  • I will not modify the illustration. This simply means that even if there are issues about the details, such as colors, etc. that are usually modified per the request of the client, I will not do it. Well, this is free service after all. Artists usually has a set number of modifications for a work depending on the price they offered.
  • I will draw 2 characters (the main couple)

And please note that I will:
  • Make a digital illustration.
  • Draw them in the style I'm trying to develop.
  • Color them in tan or a darker tone. So it would be best if the character is brown skinned. You can choose among the two about who will have the lighter tone or darker tone.
  • Most probably add subtle ethnic elements to the drawing which just includes patterns of print clothes.
  • I will post the artwork and the link of your story on my instagram.

You can:
  • Decide the hair styles, height, expression and other details about the characters before I draw it.
  • Send me reference images for the characters poses, expressions, hair, etc.

I will only pick 1 story to make a free character design. This is not a first come first serve post. I will pick a story to make a cover on in a few a hours. You can comment your submission on this post or DM me on SH or in IG.

Format for submission:
Story Title: Title (with link)
Why I should pick your story: Reason...

Here is my sample work:
IMG_20210614_160636_115.jpg

You can visit my instagram if you want to see my other works.

So here's the story I'm making an art on:

The Heart of the Forest by Moonpearl

I'll post the result here once I'm done.

Last edited:

Agentt

Thighs
Thank you for calling me, but I don't write geh stuff, unfortunately.

Agentt

Thighs
Really? I thought I saw a story tou wrote with Boys Love genre. lols
Oh my, you have a keen eyesight. It was an inside joke(since only 5 people read me anyways)
Still, glad to know you know me, even if you probably just used series finder

Last edited:

Kaieta

Oh my, you have a keen eyesight. It was an inside joke(since only 5 people read me anyways)
Still, glad to know you know me, even if you probably just used series finder
hello buddy . You tell me you didn't have a BL one right ???
Really? I thought I saw a story tou wrote with Boys Love genre. lols
hello ^^/

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Nobody has a dark skinned beauty in their story? :blob_teary:
I have one, but he's in the BL anthology, so the story doesn't have a rating of its own yet.

(Also not sure what other stuff falls under "no sensitive topics allowed".)

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Nobody has a dark skinned beauty in their story? :blob_teary:
I do but since I do my own covers it's not really something for me either :blob_upset:
Maybe pin it over in the discord server? I saw you posted the link but some people might not see it because they don't check the older messages.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I do but since I do my own covers it's not really something for me either :blob_upset:
Maybe pin it over in the discord server? I saw you posted the link but some people might not see it because they don't check the older messages.
I’ll just spam post it several times and abuse my power as mod to not get banned...
I think so too. I have rarely read stories with a dark skinned beauty. Most are described white as jade. :blob_teary::blob_teary:
I do not have a setup to make one appear. I have tanned charas but they only appear in later arcs... :blob_teary:
I want beauties like the ones from the webtoon Spinel or the MC of Stranger than friends

Last edited:

Herz

How would you describe a dark skinned character?
The same you describe any other character. If you want to use comparison to portray their skin color, just use gems like Onix or Obsidian.

Agentt

Thighs
The same you describe any other character. If you want to use comparison to portray their skin color, just use gems like Onix or Obsidian.
Onix and obsidian are pure black, as black as coal. So black that the person would go invisible at night. I don't think it would be a good analogy

Herz

Onix and obsidian are pure black, as black as coal. So black that the person would go invisible at night. I don't think it would be a good analogy
I know what color they are. It was just an example. And you didn't specify the skin tone of the character in question.

Agentt

Thighs
I mean, I can't really imagine a way to potray them. Especially since I don't write romance. Saying they are black is the only thing I can think of
I know what color they are. It was just an example. And you didn't specify the skin tone of the character in question.

Herz

I mean, I can't really imagine a way to potray them. Especially since I don't write romance. Saying they are black is the only thing I can think of
1. Use comparisons: Abanos tree, Onix, night, dark chocolate, bitter caramel, almond, etc.
2. Describe the specific racial features of the Afro-American race: the wider nose, plump lips, curly hair, etc.
3. Describe the environment they live in or their profession. For example, a sailor who spends a lot of time under the blazing sun, etc.
I don't have tanned or dark-skinned characters in my story either, so I can't give you more impromptu examples.