Giving free story cover/illustration for BL story (digital illustration) [CLOSED]

Kinaiya

I have one, but he's in the BL anthology, so the story doesn't have a rating of its own yet.

(Also not sure what other stuff falls under "no sensitive topics allowed".)
BL anthology is fine.
I really can't think of sensitive topics aside from the stuff I mentioned. Smut isn't really sensitive as long as there's consent. Riiiiight

Kinaiya

How would you describe a dark skinned character?
As long as it's not as white as jade and has a bit of brown, it's dark skinned in my dictionary lol

The shade of brown depends on the character details. It can be golden brown. Light brown? Dark brown. Whatever suits the character

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
BL anthology is fine.
I really can't think of sensitive topics aside from the stuff I mentioned. Smut isn't really sensitive as long as there's consent. Riiiiight
To be clear, it's not an anthology hosted on my profile, but the BL_Palace's community anthology that was released this spring. I haven't moved the story to my own profile yet because I wanted at least a few extras to ready to go with it when I did, but I can always move it there without them - they're taking longer than planned.

The most sensitive topic would probably be the genocide that happened in the past, and there are a few extras that might dip a little closer to that.
There will probably also be part of an extra that includes societal/peer pressure to have sex, but it doesn't work.

I'll put it here just in case no one else comes forward.

Story Title: The Heart of the Forest (https://www.scribblehub.com/read/260317-bl-spring-is-in-the-air/chapter/262168/)
Why I should pick your story:
  • The MC has tanned skin and the love interest has deep ebony
  • Transgender protagonist
  • Demisexual and demiromantic love interest (not explicitly established in the main story, but planning to make it clearer in the extras)
  • An unconventional knight x lord dynamic
  • Human x Non-human

Zaiakuma

Well.... if you're interested? :blob_hide:

Story Title: Quiet Bright Moon

I don't have any particular reason to promote my work above that of others. It's a BL (subplot) story set in a world of cultivators, and there are technically two main couples: One with two Peak Lords (one of whom is a seemingly ice-cold aloof immortal type of character), and also one with a half-demon and a rogue cultivator.

Kinaiya

I've read it a bit. In the first few chapters, I didn't see a description of tanned or dark skinned characters (or maybe I didn't notice it). Since the characters are Chinese, I kindoff just assumed they where fair skinned while I haven't encountered the descriptions.
Story Title: The Heart of the Forest (https://www.scribblehub.com/read/260317-bl-spring-is-in-the-air/chapter/262168/)
Why I should pick your story:
  • The MC has tanned skin and the love interest has deep ebony
  • Transgender protagonist
  • Demisexual and demiromantic love interest (not explicitly established in the main story, but planning to make it clearer in the extras)
  • An unconventional knight x lord dynamic
  • Human x Non-human
That's interesting! I've read it before. Daiki is a precious baby. Can you dm me the details (SH or IG)? I listed some of the details I found when rereading it but more details will be great. Especially the poses, ideal facial expressions, hairstyles and colors, etc. It would be better if the are reference images so I can really draw your vision of the characters. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. :blob_aww:

Last edited:

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
That's interesting! I've read it before. Daiki is a precious baby. Can you dm me the details (SH or IG)? I listed some of the details I found when rereading it but more details will be great. Especially the poses, ideal facial expressions, hairstyles and colors, etc. It would be better if the are reference images so I can really draw your vision of the characters. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. :blob_aww:
Sure thing~! It will probably take me at least a day or two to pull together the reference images, but I'll get started on those as soon as I get back from work tomorrow. It's unfortunately super late over here.

Do you have a preference for which one of Mesimialum's vessels to draw?

Kinaiya

It will probably take me at least a day or two to pull together the reference images
It's ok. I also just woke up because it's around 7 am here. Here is a guide for the character details. I may be missing some but these are the first things that comes into mind

Name:
(and other necessary details for the character profile)

Defining Features
  • Skin-tone
  • Eye color
  • Hair Style and Color
  • Height
  • Built/Bodytype
  • Facial Expression
Notable details
  • Dress Style
  • Accessories and Significant Props
Others
  • Character Vibe
  • Is seen by others as
  • Others

And of course the character pose of them together. It would be nice to have a few references for this one as well as for the other details listed especially the definining details. If it isn't too much work, maybe an image for each trait so the result will be closer to your imaginations.

Do you have a preference for which one of Mesimialum's vessels to draw?
Well it depends on you. Which vessel is the most significant in the story? I'm guessing it's the ebony one. In that case, it would be nice to have 2 images of other illustration with a skin tone similar to your vision.

UnattainableBlueRose

@RavenousAppetite @LauraSFox @FantasyDeath @iamaducklingwriter @upwardplane @MyLadyQueen @yansusustories @sucessor @BlankBook @AngieOwlie @Animestar411 @Bender @Lulible @Agentt @Danshi @lesson101 @UnattainableBlueRose @Elamimax @RiotWolf @Kldran @BennyBenteLaGrouw @Aetheo @Alan @SebasG @DaoOfGay @Silverty @ElectronicStars @Heart @Lon3ly @99blueroses @featherquills @felixryder @Zaiakuma @AlaceFox @justprettypoison @Kalip @ShanQuonsLoyalScribe @red2angel @Waterrain @Veronica8 @DekStar @Blossom_From_Fear @KitKatya @komorebi @vroomvroom_goford @Kentaro @MakanCheese @LingShan0218 @CynicalStrawberry @Lazyreader007 @AriaKang @Jihn @cherry_boylove @0th0 @MrRater @lunaeste @oofcat @infinity500 @SpaurdaD
[QUOTE="Kinaiya, post: 139791, member: 54308"]
Hi! I draw as a hobby and is looking for something fun to draw. Because this is free, there are limits to the service:
[LIST]
[*]The story should be posted here on scribblehub with at least 4 stars rating. (Doesn't matter if there is only 1 rater) Edit: It can also be posted anywhere like CG, RR, WP, etc. but preferably on SH
[*]The genre should be BL, Boy's Love, Yaoi, Shounen Ai, Danmei or whatever you call it.
[*]There should not be rape, racism, pedophilia or other sensitive topics in the story.
[*]It would be best if the story is set on tribal society or modern times.
[*]I will not modify the illustration. This simply means that even if there are issues about the details, such as colors, etc. that are usually modified per the request of the client, I will not do it. Well, this is free service after all. Artists usually has a set number of modifications for a work depending on the price they offered.
[*]I will draw 2 characters (the main couple)
[/LIST]

And please note that I will:
[LIST]
[*]Make a digital illustration.
[*]Draw them in the style I'm trying to develop.
[*]Color them in tan or a darker tone. So it would be best if the character is brown skinned. You can choose among the two about who will have the lighter tone or darker tone.
[*]Most probably add subtle ethnic elements to the drawing which just includes patterns of print clothes.
[*]I will post the artwork and the link of your story on [URL='https://www.instagram.com/kinaiya.ink/']my instagram[/URL].
[/LIST]

You can:
[LIST]
[*]Decide the hair styles, height, expression and other details about the characters before I draw it.
[*]Send me reference images for the characters poses, expressions, hair, etc.
[/LIST]

I will only pick 1 story to make a free character design. This is not a first come first serve post. I will pick a story to make a cover on in a few a hours. You can comment your submission on this post or DM me on SH or in IG.

[B]Format for submission:[/B]
Story Title: [FONT=courier new][COLOR=rgb(209, 213, 216)]Title (with link)[/COLOR][/FONT]
Why I should pick your story: [COLOR=rgb(209, 213, 216)][FONT=courier new]Reason...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Here is [URL='https://www.instagram.com/p/CQF-RD7DUbf/']my sample work[/URL]:
[ATTACH type="full" alt="IMG_20210614_160636_115.jpg"]8083[/ATTACH]

You can visit [URL='https://www.instagram.com/kinaiya.ink/']my instagram[/URL] if you want to see my other works.

So here's the story I'm making an art on:

[URL='https://www.scribblehub.com/read/260317-bl-spring-is-in-the-air/chapter/262168/'][B][SIZE=5]The Heart of the Forest[/SIZE][/B][/URL][SIZE=5][B] by [/B][/SIZE][URL='https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/189/moonpearl/'][B][SIZE=5]Moonpearl[/SIZE][/B][/URL]

I'll post the result here once I'm done.
[/QUOTE]
too bad i got here too late. Love youre art though! so pretty
[/QUOTE]