Resolved Glitches???Really irritating!

MyLadyQueen

Hi hi~ so the thing is, three of my unpublished books on the site still writing them and sorting them out. Logged on the next day and guess what!?! I didn't upload them and two had ratings already ... why? So deleting I readded one a week later then I started typing and saving on the site again... uploaded one book and it didn't show up on the "Latest Series" section. Why? but whatever...

Next thing is, I just uploaded my book "Princess Consort - Profoundly Unconcerned" ... this book - is second last on the "Latest Series" section ahead of novels that were uploaded 8 hours ago how come? Was it because it was already on it even tho I never uploaded it or is it some glitch? Don't the new novels first get checked before it's allowed to be uploaded?

This didn't happen before so why is this happening?

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Hi hi~ so the thing is, three of my unpublished books on the site still writing them and sorting them out. Logged on the next day and guess what!?! I didn't upload them and two had ratings already ... why? So deleting I readded one a week later then I started typing and saving on the site again... uploaded one book and it didn't show up on the "Latest Series" section. Why? but whatever...

Next thing is, I just uploaded my book "Princess Consort - Profoundly Unconcerned" ... this book - is second last on the "Latest Series" section ahead of novels that were uploaded 8 hours ago how come? Was it because it was already on it even tho I never uploaded it or is it some glitch? Don't the new novels first get checked before it's allowed to be uploaded?

That problem what you stated, seemed to happen with drafts. Stories will be listed in the latest series section depending on the date of the first draft. As for why, I don’t know.

Does our founder @Tony has a solution? :blob_aww::blob_hmm:

Tony

Staff member
Hi hi~ so the thing is, three of my unpublished books on the site still writing them and sorting them out. Logged on the next day and guess what!?! I didn't upload them and two had ratings already ... why?

Are you sure you didn't publish the books? If you didn't, I can't see how two people found and rated your story.

So deleting I readded one a week later then I started typing and saving on the site again... uploaded one book and it didn't show up on the "Latest Series" section. Why? but whatever...

All novels has to get approved before they show up on the 'Latest Update'. It could take up to 10 or so hours to get approved. Once approved, your novel will be at the top of the Latest Update section though.

Yeah, this part is bugged. I'll look into this. Thanks!

MyLadyQueen

Are you sure you didn't publish the books? If you didn't, I can't see how two people found and rated your story.

All novels has to get approved before they show up on the 'Latest Update'. It could take up to 10 or so hours to get approved. Once approved, your novel will be at the top of the Latest Update section though.

Im 100% sure that i didnt publish it. Thanks for replying.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player

I've noticed stories that don't have any chapters show up on the site as well, it was actually something that I didn't realize as a bug at first until the author told me that they didn't even know it was visible. The rate ability was also available. I though this was just a normal feature of SH, but it seems to be a bug.
56.PNG

I also had to delete some of my draft stories because I hadn't even posted a single chapter yet, but I received a 3 star rating.

MyLadyQueen

I've noticed stories that don't have any chapters show up on the site as well, it was actually something that I didn't realize as a bug at first until the author told me that they didn't even know it was visible. The rate ability was also available. I though this was just a normal feature of SH, but it seems to be a bug.
View attachment 1083
I also had to delete some of my draft stories because I hadn't even posted a single chapter yet, but I received a 3 star rating.
I was really shocked after I spoke to an author friend. She told me that the minute I just made a draft, she got notified... I was angry and had to post my frustrations on the forums because I really did not know something like this had happened. I ended up deleting all my drafts of my unpublished books :blob_thor: but whatever, as long as Tony knows now. XD

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
I had the same issue once. I wanted to prepare a story but all the followers got a message even though I hadn't uploaded a single chapter. Thankfully, my story would have been due for release the week after that anyway so I was able to just start a bit earlier but it was still a shock. I also thought it was intended to be that way though since even followers were notified.

Tony

Staff member
View attachment 1083
I was really shocked after I spoke to an author friend. She told me that the minute I just made a draft, she got notified... I was angry and had to post my frustrations on the forums because I really did not know something like this had happened. I ended up deleting all my drafts of my unpublished books :blob_thor: but whatever, as long as Tony knows now. XD
I had the same issue once. I wanted to prepare a story but all the followers got a message even though I hadn't uploaded a single chapter. Thankfully, my story would have been due for release the week after that anyway so I was able to just start a bit earlier but it was still a shock. I also thought it was intended to be that way though since even followers were notified.

Oops. You're totally right. I just checked and it is bugged but it's fixed now.