Glossary Questions & Suggestions

Lukha

mother of all ships
Hi! So I was trying to add a glossary for my novel because my novel has many characters, and it can get confusing. However, I find that when I tried to put all the characters of one family into one glossary item (that is collapsible), it would fit in the text box but when I try to add it, the page would refresh and delete all my hard work :blob_teary:. Not sure if this is a bug or if there's a character limit that I'm not realizing.

However, I was wondering if it would be possible to have the categories be collapsible just like the glossary item. I just think it would be a lot more neat looking because it'd allow for a neater looking page of categories which can then be opened to see the more detailed glossary items. If that's not possible, maybe we can somehow fix/increase the character limit for the glossary items?

I hope this can be implemented because I'd love to be able to have a neat and clean glossary for my readers with a more forgettable memory (including myself because I also get confused easily with all the characters too lol).

Thanks!

Last edited:

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Hi! So I was trying to add a glossary for my novel because my novel has many characters, and it can get confusing. However, I find that when I tried to put all the characters of one family into one glossary item (that is collapsable), it would fit in the text box but when I try to add it, the page would refresh and delete all my hard work :blob_teary:. Not sure if this is a bug or if there's a character limit that I'm not realizing.

However, I was wondering if it would be possible to have the categories be collapsable just like the glossary item. I just think it would be a lot more neat looking because it'd allow for a neater looking page of categories which can then be opened to see the more detailed glossary items. If that's not possible, maybe we can somehow fix/increase the character limit for the glossary items?

I hope this can be implemented because I'd love to be able to have a neat and clean glossary for my readers with a more forgettable memory (including myself because I also get confused easily with all the characters too lol).

Thanks!

What about the spoiler? you can use that as a collapsible category.

As for things being erased, have you tried doing it 1 person at a time?

Lukha

mother of all ships
What about the spoiler? you can use that as a collapsible category.

As for things being erased, have you tried doing it 1 person at a time?
Ooh, I didn't even think about using spoiler! Maybe I'll have to try that for now. Either way, I hope a collapsible category still becomes a thing because then the glossary would look a lot more organized and professional rather than having character descriptions under spoilers.

And for having things being erased, yeah it works one person at a time, which is why I think it might just be a character limit thing that I'm not aware of.