Resolved Glossary text format to colorless

DollyLamb

Hey, I noticed a small uncomfortable thingy. I write in my google docks and then copy the story to the scribble hub from docs. In docs there is no colorless format so when the text gets to scribble hub it has one peculiar thing - it is black in light mode and stay black in dark mode which very hard to see. To cure that I press format text and make a colorless format (the one where pixels instead of color.) In this case text starts to change color when you change from light to dark theme on site. BUT, there is no text format function in Glossary section, so to make the text seeable in dark mode I have to:
1) open another scribble hub in new tab. 2) press create chapter. 3) format to colorless in this window. 4) copy formated text to glossary window.
Yeah I know it's not too much text in a glossary but still kinda uncomfy.

Last edited:

Agentt

Thighs
Yeah, that is indeed an annoying feature of dark mode. From my experience with dark modes over various apps, doesn't seem like there is any fix for this, but let's see Tony try.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Hey, I noticed a small uncomfortable thingy. I write in my google docks and then copy the story to the scribble hub from docs. In docs there is no colorless format so when the text gets to scribble hub it has one peculiar thing - it is black in light mode and stay black in dark mode which very hard to see. To cure that I press format text and make a colorless format (the one where pixels instead of color.) In this case text starts to change color when you change from light to dark theme on site. BUT, there is no text format function in Glossary section, so to make the text seeable in dark mode I have to:
1) open another scribble hub in new tab. 2) press create chapter. 3) format to colorless in this window. 4) copy formated text to glossary window.
I'm not sure if it will work, but try pasting from google docs -> notepad -> Glossary

I think Notepad should remove all the formatting, so it should maybe fix it... Maybe.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
I think Notepad should remove all the formatting, so it should maybe fix it... Maybe.
It will remove all formatting. That much can be guaranteed.

Just remember to copy again after pasting it there.

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
If you're okay with removing formatting, you can "Paste as plain text" instead of just pasting.

The glossary editor is kinda terrible compared to the story editor though. :blob_neutral:

Tony

Staff member

I can't see to recreate this bug on my side. Can you try recreating a glossary item with the bug and linking it to me so I can look into this?

DollyLamb

I can't see to recreate this bug on my side. Can you try recreating a glossary item with the bug and linking it to me so I can look into this?
Oh sorry. When I pasted the text into the glossary text box it was black just like in chapter creation text box, so I thought it will have the same problem. But now that you actually asked to test it I see that even thought my text is black in the Glossary Text Box it becomes colorless and well visible when it is saved. So there is no bug then. Sorry, my bad. Should have checked 😓

Attachments

• IMG_20220920_133114.jpg
    IMG_20220920_133114.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 34

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
The input field is contenteditable, so on pasting it takes all associated markup info, even if it doesn't get saved.